Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-23-2017, 09:19 PM   #7897

Kneereplacement

Thanks for all the prayers and concern. It is rough when you are in constant pain. My knee leg is swollen up(edema).I try to keep moving and do my exercises. Dr. has already cut me back on the pain pill dosage. I understand they don't want you addicted. Just wish the Dr. had this same operation and would understand the amt. of pain. The x/ray tech in the office was mean and unprofessional with me. Next time I will politely tell her not to comment on my range of motion. She is not a PT. Would love to sit around and swap Nursing stories at a campfire. I was informed the Nursing home administrator was in it for the $..The staff is over worked,but very dedicated. I vowed my 86yr. old mother will never be put in a Nursing Home. I have always taken care of her after surgeries/hospitalizations. She is in fairly good health and lives alone. She only has one functioning kidney,but is fiercely independent. Love reading the good morning thread. Take care Mrs. SAM
sam-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-23-2017, 10:25 PM   #7898
cwk

American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Frank,

Congrats on 3,000 posts!

Safe travels!
cwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 04:23 AM   #7899

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning Gang,
Woke up around 4 this morning and couldn't go back to sleep, so i tried reading. didn't work. Got up at 6 and made coffee.
Charles,
Thanks, I saw that happen but didn't say anything.
Sam-3,
Hope that your pain subsides quickly. I understand about your Mom, my Dad is going on 91 and lives alone and is still going strong.
Will be getting ready to hit the road in a couple hours, so will catch you guys later.
Have a great day all,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 05:44 AM   #7900

Good morning!

Well yesterday was interesting, we started the day in the 60's, ended in the 50's. 51° at the moment, expecting another rain day. Gonna spend the day in the barn, got projects I can do inside.

SAM sorry about your pain. I hope it gets better quickly. The medical field is full of people who don't care, and don't understand.

Charile the completed project looks good, and one picture gives us a glimpse of you! I like the look of the cabinet and the idea of covering it with cloth.

Frank, safe travels to you and Rita. Congrats on the 3,000 posts. A major milestone I think.

Ted, weather here can be so different. It was beautiful here just about 90 mins south of the Blue Ridge, yet rained there. Lots of that line of mountains are actually a rain forest, the entire Smokey Mtn national park is a rain forest,

Well hav a great day all.

L.
Old 04-24-2017, 06:50 AM   #7901

46 degrees here in Wide Awake Wylie Texas, headed for 80. It's going to be one of those postcard days that make us appreciate the storms, without them the people would be so thick you couldn't breathe. Speaking of storms, next weekend they'll be back. Last year this time we were still cleaning up tornado debris that came from the Rowlett tornado, the one where the people were in heavy traffic on I30 and were killed, one of the last places you want to be is in a vehicle during a tornado. The tornado lifted up over us and then sat down on Lavon, killing a couple more. But I had some debris in our neighborhood. A couple that lost their home in Lavon got old mail in their office back from Oklahoma, debris travels long distances.

I'm trading off the C5500 welding rig to a welder/mechanic for his C3500 lil flat bed. He gets my 270,000 + miles diesel and I get his 76,000 miles gas. Storm Saturday night did no damage to my old truck but dinged the one ton. If I want to pull the dings they are the kind that make painless dent repair guys rich. I doubt that I will bother, it's a run around truck. BTW sitting next to the one ton in his yard was a 2017 F150, military grade aluminum. Ford used to be the #1 selling pickup in Texas. Insurance companies are going to change that. Older Fords and the one ton all had a couple of dings sitting there with the new F150. The new truck looks like it go hit with steel ball bearings instead of one inch or so hail. Hood and roof are toast.

Sam, I hate hearing about the pain. What the professionals sometimes forget is the pain is individualized. It isn't the same for everyone. Some body's react a lot more to the pain than others. And some places on the body hurt a lot more when damaged than others, knees are notorious for hurting the worst.

Looks good Charlie. I haven't shown Miss Glenda the pics yet, plate is too full already.

Everyone on the road be safe and good luck. There are others on the road and they aren't always awake and sober.

Spinach omelets are the best, especially if the spinach is cooked in jalopenas grease.
Old 04-24-2017, 07:58 AM   #7902

Winnebago Owners Club
Morning Everyone;
Sorry for the pain Sam. It will get better I am sure. Janet had 0 range of movement when she had her hip replaced and is still working on improving it. Because it has taken so long it is becoming more difficult. It appears that once it is seized it takes way more effort to loosen it up.

We are still housebound by choice. Shoveled the s*** yesterday and will be shoveling more today. Nice big fluffy f****s coming down. It is champagne powder. Skis put away.

Safe travel Frank and Rita. Exciting to be on the road again.

Have a great day.
Old 04-24-2017, 07:59 AM   #7903

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
50* headed to 70* and sunny in the Gem of the Ozarks this morning. I am on my second cup of coffee trying to get my mind right and my old bones warmed up for more RV upgrades and repairs.

Sam,

Keep the edema under control. It can lead to cellulitis (ask me how I know), you might want to google lymph drainage. My wife is a Master Masssage Therapist. She used this technique on me when I tore my calve muscle nearly in two from lifting incorrectly. Basically it helps to drain all of the built up fluids in the injured portion of your body. My edema was gone in three days. You can also do it yourself quite easily.

Harvey,

Sounds like you have mixed feelings about the welding truck trade. I hope it works out for both of you.

Gordon,

We kept moving over the last 26 years to avoid all of that fluffy "global warming" flakey stuff.

My wife is retiring on May 22nd. She is Master Massage Therapist. She has to stop because after 15 years, her hands are shot. So,knowing she would have stop, 5 years ago she became qualified to become a Master Profeesional Genealogist a ten year hobby that quickly became career. This is a career that she can do online as we travel (restless and has to have something to do).

Moving about the country lends itself well to doing in depth genealogy research. But, this comes with a price. Many books have to go with us. So, I get to reinforce the space under our bed for book storage and better organization. We've already proven that we can overload an overhead cabinet and cause the amperage to the motor to be turned way up. So this is take two on this situation by keeping the weight low and on a short slide out.

Y'all have a great day and....Keep on, keepin on. BTW it is now 37 days until full timing.
Charlie and Martha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 08:43 AM   #7904

Winnebago Owners Club
Hi Charlie;
For the most part we have attempted to avoid the dreaded cold stuff. However with international rules on residency, residency requirements for health insurance the days we can stay south at limited.

We like to spend the colder months in the south and save a month for a summer tour on motorcycles. This year we are planning a trip south to visit Gaffney and attend the first ever Meet and Greet in Kentucky.

Normally there is not much to deal with when we get home and I was starting to believe in global warming. However the last few years have been going the other way and it would be nice if we could stay south a bit longer.

Hopefully the residency requirements will be changed to give us a longer window to live in the warmer temperatures.
Old 04-24-2017, 10:03 AM   #7905

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Morning All, Sam the first month or so is the toughest, your knee swelling will come down with your PT, I've had both my knees replaced and can tell you the PT is very important to get the range of motion, working hard now even with it hurting will pay off later. I climb ladders, crawl around doing flooring, and am now starting to train again, (slowly, slowly) started running short distances, so it can be done, . Maybe my old Marine Corps DI is whispering in my ear, .
Old 04-24-2017, 10:05 AM   #7906

Gordon
I was told that the correct term is simply climate change.
Old 04-24-2017, 10:09 AM   #7907

Winnebago Owners Club
Popeye - yup a very strategic/generic name change.
Old 04-24-2017, 12:30 PM   #7908

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley1994 View Post
Maybe my old Marine Corps DI is whispering in my ear, .
I know what he is whispering too....Haha...Hint, it ain't sweet nothin's
Charlie and Martha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 04:55 PM   #7909

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Evening,

Coffee was good this AM as I was driving into work. Short vacation over darn it. Today wasn't too bad though. 81 days of working left until I retire. Last date will be January 5th so it will take a bit of time but when you look at 81 days it is just so much more attractive.

Sunny and 65 today. Loving the warm sunny days. Won't be much longer Gordon! Boy, talking about posts, look at your numbers. Yikes, you have been busy!

Hope you all have a great evening. Another day! Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 07:01 PM   #7910

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Evening Gang,
Goldie was great today, purred like a kitten. Set the cruise on 63 and left it there, unless I had to slow down due to speed limit changes. 350 miles today, 320 tomorrow. Sitting in a campgrounds just outside of Walterboro, S.C. Pulled in, hooked up electric cord and that was it. Had a nice bowl of ham and baby lima bean soup, a couple of adult beverages and then took a couple hour nap. It is raining now, but not real hard, so it will be ok. My only complaint is any box trailer or rv that passes me, will move the coach around. A lot of wind gusts today also. Maybe I am being too sensitive, but i didn't have any of that with the truck and 5er. Mind you it is not bad, but one has to constantly correct for the movement.
I am sure that I will get used to it.
Got the toad hooked up this morning, plugged the Brake Buddy into the lighter plug, nothing, took 15 minutes to find the fuse, not on either fuse panel on the sides of the dash, and not in the owners manual. Found it in the fuse box under the hood, new fuse and now works like a champ. Just got under way a few minutes later than planned, no big deal.
Have a great day all,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote