Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-25-2018, 07:26 AM   #11803

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Morning,

Coffee was nice and hot this morning, YUM! Sun is out and it was 45* this am going to 54*. Jerry golfs today and it is windy! Poor guy. I asked him if he wanted to go back to FL and golf with Frank. I got a dirty look.

Rail, thank you for the info on the HWH system. I have been trying to talk Jerry into the manual system feeling we should not spend more money into the rig than necessary. Manual has been fine and should do fine after the new system is installed. We also put wood under the jack pads. We have been adding a aluminum tray (Jerry found at the farm store) to contain the leaking fluid.

Bill, thank you for the info on where to find it. I have been e0mailing with a place in Elkhart, IN that does HWH and the guy has been a bit unsure he can resolve our issue. I sent him more rig info, will see if this changes this. Really want someone who does this all the time so there are no issues.

Lloyd, our slide runs on separate motors, not the jack pump so there won't be any issues with that. I was sure of this but rechecked the manuals to confirm. So glad we got the manuals with our rig. I have gone over them again and again when I have questions and they have been invaluable. Nice bikes!

Going to do some research on the HWH systems now so you all have a good day. Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-25-2018, 08:14 AM   #11804

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning;
Spring does seem to be here. Out doing work in the yard. Took the old tops off of the asparagus bed yesterday. Today it will get a topping of steer/sheep manure. Yumm!! How can anything so tasty come from something so disgusting? Still no action on the watermelon seeds!!!

Lynne - the manual system is more than adequate for most applications. The tech suggested we use manual for leveling simply to keep the coach lower. I have found there can be minor movement at times if the coach is pretty level because the jacks are just touching. I can level higher manually but the minor movement does not warrant making the steps higher. We have used auto a couple times as that seems to be able to level the coach when the system says the level is out of range for leveling manually. Auto level will always raise the coach 3+ inches higher than I do on manual. Like to keep the height of the steps as close to the ground as practicable.

Have you called WGO to see if they have any suggestions? I have heard many good things about them and they would have all of the information on cross referencing the parts. Our next door neighbors had a fire in their kitchen stove last winter (tea towel) and they had to replace the stove. 3rd party vendors and local RV stores could not find a replacement. Chuck called WGO and several days later they had a new stovetop in hand. Was a direct replacement. Chuck said he dropped it in and the mounting screws fit perfectly. WGO may be very busy but worth talking to. (1 800 537 1885)

Another option is to call Lichtsinn (1 800 343 6255). They are close to WGO and have treated us very well. Their service has been very good and they have hookups on site that you can use while they are working on your coach. You drive the coach up to the door at 7 and they return it around 4 for you to use for the night if they are not done. Have a great customer lounge and really friendly staff. Rates are higher but to us it is worth the cost as they stand behind their work. Service manager is Brian and I call him every once in a while for advice. Very nice man.

Going to be unsupervised today so will find stuff to do.

Have a great day.
Old 04-25-2018, 11:39 AM   #11805

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Lloyd, all that Honda RED. LOL
Old 04-25-2018, 12:27 PM   #11806

It looked like pink to me !
(I was wondering if there was a theme..)
Old 04-25-2018, 06:12 PM   #11807

Pink!!!!!! Did you say Pink! You must have snow blindness Popeye!!!

Found the problem with sons range hood, bad connection between the range hood and the microwave. The great news is i fixed that connection, the fan and light started working and suddenly the outside stero came on really LOUD. Startled me big time. Son will be delighted as 2 problems fixed. Reinstalled the range hood and put it all back together.

L.
Old 04-25-2018, 07:42 PM   #11808

Master of Sparks !

Skuh kuh kuh kuh kuh kuh
Lloyd
Was that pink actually Honda red ?
I should have known all along........

(I ain't right , but I do have an excuse)
Old 04-26-2018, 04:46 AM   #11809

Pink no, fusia many.....lol

“Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment.”93 Coachmen Pusher 38' 8.3Cummings, 6sp Alison. "Roy"
olcarguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 05:29 AM   #11810

Good morning!

Popeye, I often wear pink shirts to tone down my masculinity!!!! Pink socks as well. But my bikes are Honda red which of course creates more masculinity. It all works out.

60* this morning, heading to 70* then heavy rain this evening. Currently forecasting a great weekend.

Interesting they caught the Golden State Killer. 51 women were his known victims. Surprising they took so long in this day and age.

Good luck Lynne with your search. I'm sure your not alone with this problem, somebody out there is experienced with replacing these systems. WGO is a great place to start.

L.
Old 04-26-2018, 05:59 AM   #11811

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Morning,

Beautiful sun shiny morning here and we need it to melt the frost on the ground this morning. Enough already!

Lloyd, I e-mailed Winnebago yesterday. When we got Miss May (3 yrs ago May 5th), I registered as the owner at WGO. They have all the info on her there and so when you give them the VIN or your name they have all the info.

I asked about a replacement system. A place to get it done. I also asked about the vent that is open in front of the passenger seat. Hopefully they can send me blueprints of both and answer as to which would be a good replacement for the jacks. Just want it fixed. Thanks for mentioning WGO, I had not thought of that.

Awaiting the Fantastic Fan and vent covers. Will replace them and then put her in storage for a bit until we get other stuff arranged. Got a lot of things to do around the house. If it ever warms up.

Hope all are well and happy. Have a good day. Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 09:09 AM   #11812

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning Everyone;
Great day yesterday. Added sheep/steer manure to the asparagus bed. Added soil and fertilizer to the tomato bed. Still no watermelon sprouts but some of the other plants are starting to come up. Should be coming soon as the package said germination in 5 - 7 days.

Lynne the WGO website is really handy. You can get any of the wiring, plumbing or manuals from them by putting in your serial number. I have downloaded a lot of thme as I work out how things work or try to figure out different ways of altering (read trying to improve) our motorized home.

Today the fellow from the government comes to change our incandescent light bulbs for LED. Government initiative to promote energy efficiency. Very expensive way to save a dollar or two. Going through all of the locations that we have not already changed to high efficiency bulbs. Quite a few but most of them are in closets, etc that do not get a lot of use.

Warming up here. Drying out so the lawn bagging will probably start tomorrow. Garden is drying out and the first tilling will happen on the weekend. C'mon watermelon, I will have a place for you very soon. You got to start growing!! LOL

Got to get going. Lots of things to do and they won't get done if they don't get started.

Have a great day.
Old 04-26-2018, 10:01 AM   #11813

Vintage RV Owners Club
Hi everybody!

We had a fabulous trip last weekend. I promise not to make this a long post so I'll only hit the highlights. I'll blog pics when Allen gets them edited and give the link when they are up.

Clora Mae did fine for most part. Work to do on her, but with an older MH that's just what it is. No leaks and that's what's important! Everything else is negotiable.

Weather was beautiful for our trip, mid-high 50's/low 60's. Tournament went fine, we had a good time and no injuries - always a plus. Pic of Allen taken by the Iron Lion photographer.

We also have a vintage car, it's a robin's egg blue 1973 Fiat Spyder convertible. Allen has been rebuilding it a little at a time for about 10 years now. Still sitting in the garage. Shocks and shock towers are next if I remember right. When we clean the garage I'll try to get a pic of her.

Gordon, bet those watermelon seeds need a sunnier, warmer place. Try a heating pad under the mini greenhouse, and a fish tank light, if you've got one.

Lynne, best of luck with the levelers. Hope you can get some manual ones and save $ for your kayaks.

Lloyd, loved all the Hondas! That was our brand when Allen had motorcycles. I miss that. Riding behind him was great-- he's a wide torso guy so he broke the wind wonderfully, haha!

Charlene
RVM#169 | Charlene & Allen | Rig: 1989 Rockwood Prestige 32' Class A, "Clora Mae" | John Deere Chassis/Ford 460 engine.
RetroGrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 11:00 AM   #11814

Winnebago Owners Club
Hi Charlene;
I said the same thing about a heating pad but Janet pointed out I have to wait because they take some time to germinate, says so on the package. LOL
Old 04-26-2018, 06:37 PM   #11815

Vintage RV Owners Club
They do take time Gordon, but I've got some melons that came up in about 4 days, because my seed greenhouse is on a wire baker's rack right over my heater vent. My daughter's melon seeds took 2 weeks at her house.

Charlene
RVM#169 | Charlene & Allen | Rig: 1989 Rockwood Prestige 32' Class A, "Clora Mae" | John Deere Chassis/Ford 460 engine.
RetroGrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 07:02 PM   #11816

Hi!

Charlene, thanks I do love my Honda's. Debbie has never complimented me for "breaking wind" LOL!!!!!! We still ride, I ride often, even still do some dirt biking.

Charlene, we always celebrate when we return home and have nothing on the list to be done.

Gordon, amazing they come to your house to change your light bulbs.

L.