Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-13-2019, 04:25 AM   #16787

Drinking first cup of coffee. 23° with clear skies this morning. Heading to 40° with cloudy skies. Got packages in the mail tool care of a couple of other items on my to-do list. Taking my Aunt shopping today. That should fill the whole day.

Good new on those on the good health trip.

My suggestion to Harvey is get someone to clean the lens on Xray machine.

Prayers and best wishes for all.

Good Morning All.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-13-2019, 05:04 AM   #16788

23 here too.
Looking outside everything sparkles like sno* but it's just FROST
Single digit lows next week.....
Old 12-13-2019, 06:19 AM   #16789

That's great news Harvey. Melissa and I both have those little UFO'S in our lung scans.
My Oncologist says he thinks they are just old viruses that the dyes attach to, and are nothing to worry about. Just something to monitor.

Going home Tuesday. My friends from Church are going to assist Melussa make sure my house is ready for me. I ready! Counting down the day I escape this prison.
Later,
Gotta roll!
Headed.to the dining area for some coffee.
It takes a lot if effort when one has to dress themselves then get in a wheelchair.
Old 12-13-2019, 08:40 AM   #16790

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Curtis, glad to hear you are getting home to heal! You'll be up and about shortly!

'06 Itasca Sunova 8.1/4l85e, retired 90 Dakota Convertible Toad, 2015 Kia Soul (SunovaToad)
FastGlassMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 10:16 AM   #16791

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bap View Post
i was sitting here waking up drinking my first cup of coffee and just realized i always come here to wake up...lol

so goodmorning everyone...lol

Back at ya! Love this group! Have a great day!
joycev1105a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 12:21 PM   #16792

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Morning,

Curtis, take it easy but glad you are healing fast and getting to go home. If you don't get a shower chair Melissa is apt to push you outside and hose you down. Be careful my friend! Friends can be the greatest thing on a normal day but when you go through something like this they can be exceptional. Looking forward to our next phone call.

Harvey, Ron and I have talked and glad to hear the news is better than originally thought. Been praying for you both. Hurry out to Yuma, the weather is good and the friends are better.

RonJ , will post a pic of the Tracker soon. Working on some things. Sure is a fun little 4x4.

Tim, sure hope things keep going towards the better for you. Miss you & Joe here in Yuma. Not the same.

Gordon, missed you during "Good Morning Hugs" this morning. Hurry back! Merry Christmas!

Take care all, hope your day goes well. Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 01:06 PM   #16793

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Tracy the Tracker

Here's Tracy the Tracker! I posted her on FB but forgot about here. We have been very pleased with her.

Harvey, I am posting some info on CBD and HTC for fighting cancer. Use it or not according to your own beliefs but there are people here who used this and are alive. Both have had cancer, she was told to basically make her funeral arrangements but she is now clear. This is a very individual thing for each of us.

Lynne
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Tracker 2.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	186.2 KB
ID:	269364   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tracker.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	174.3 KB
ID:	269365  

Name:	CBD OIL.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	181.2 KB
ID:	269366  
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 06:47 PM   #16794

I thought I would thank everyone for the prayers and good thoughts for us. They are appreciated.

Lynn, the Tracker looks great. Looks like Blue if she fell into a green paint pond.

Bobby, I suggest a little different take on the tow bar and hitch situation.

When I got Blue one of the things I was concerned with was the lights. I’ve done repairs on vehicles with diodes. I also don’t really care for the additional bulb in the original light fixtures. What I did was take a 7 wire trailer cord from the front to the panel in the back where I had access to the light wiring. I cut the wires to the lights and installed a six wire trailer plug, male coming from the Tracker power, female going to the lights. I then installed another male plug to the new 7 wire trailer wire cable. The idea is when the Tracker is a Tracker the wires are tied together with the plug. When it’s a toad the tail lights get their power from the trailer cable.

The problem I’ve had with that is when the Tracker is full, like when we’re on the road to or from Yuma it can difficult to get access to the plugs when the Tracker is needed to use to run around town for instance.

So I’m going another way. I’m splicing the original wires back together and removing the plugs. Instead I’m installing lights on the Tracker that will be tied permanently to the trailer cable. That way as soon as I plug in the patch cord at the front for lights I have permanent lights on the Tracker independent of factory systems. I also don’t have to worry about magnets failing, diodes failing, or forgetting to change over etc.

What I found was some tail/brake light LED’s on Amazon. I’m installing those tomorrow or next day.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	35CA8C13-AF76-40D4-AA10-C9FB68491C34.jpeg
Views:	25
Size:	297.9 KB
ID:	269395   Click image for larger version

Name:	A53ABE22-AA20-454C-BF7B-495A64AFCFBD.jpeg
Views:	27
Size:	327.5 KB
ID:	269396  

Old 12-13-2019, 06:59 PM   #16795

Okay Bobby. One of the things I wanted to do with the Tracker was add a trailer hitch. I asked around a bud had a U Haul hitch for a Caravan that had never been installed and he donated it to the cause. An issue the Tracker came with was a leaking gas tank. As I replaced the tank I modified and installed the hitch. I can’t imagine not having a hitch on a 4 X 4 toad. It has the 1 1/4” set up, not a problem.

Way back when I was given a large milk crate full of tow bar parts and pieces. I some of that to make the tow bar work on the Tracker. The original tow bar had some issues that made it awkward at times, bind up issues. I picked up a new never used in Yuma of the same brand and haven’t looked back. My investment to date is less than $750.00 including wiring etc.

The only thing better than a good deal is one that works just as good as same thing for at least two prices more.

The double hole thingy works great for safety cables. But it’s original purpose is for rope use. Basically you take 3/4” rope and come up from the bottom and then go down through the back hole. Bring the tail up where it goes inside the loop between the up and down. Now when tension is put on the rope it self locks. And it’s easy to release and adjust. In telco work we used it to adjust half inch sometimes in rope length. I added it because some times a long rope can be needed.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	A453E66F-8DD4-4F20-A0F4-108A1C0292BD.jpeg
Views:	28
Size:	645.7 KB
ID:	269397   Click image for larger version

Name:	53D23E69-4981-44FE-800B-6AA8C9F730DE.jpeg
Views:	23
Size:	611.9 KB
ID:	269398  

Name:	C1947459-109D-4B42-B3AA-DB0079D7808B.jpeg
Views:	26
Size:	442.7 KB
ID:	269399  
Old 12-13-2019, 07:20 PM   #16796

My CBD will arrive Saturday. 4 oz bottle, list $200.00 and I’m getting it for $80.00, military discount.

I’m not sure I will be able to use it. The only time I’ve done some CBD was when Glenda bought some in Yuma. “Try this” she ordered.

I’m a vivid dreamer. I not only remember them, I live them at the time. About a third of the time I die, sometimes pretty painful and graphic deaths too. Nothing that gets me too upset, dying is part of living and nothing to get too upset about. But the time I took the CBD I had the most amazing time. It was like those videos of the cliff jumpers with their flying suits. But I didn’t need a flying suit, I was flying on a crotch rocket, without the crotch rocket, ton of fun. I haven’t tried it since.

BTW, I’ve been told dreaming of dying is another PTSD thingy do. Instead of dreaming of hurting others I dream of me getting hurt. VA doesn’t think I’m a threat.
Old 12-13-2019, 10:19 PM   #16797

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Hey Harvey,

You looking for some project wood? https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...1732617620127/
Charlie and Martha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 10:48 PM   #16798

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Good Morning Everyone! Coffee is very good today!

I forgot to post up the after pics of the new cover/awning in front of the store!

Name:	IMG_20191214_122601845_HDR.jpg
Size:	374.3 KB
ID:	269413

Name:	IMG_20191214_122616754_HDR.jpg
Size:	472.4 KB
ID:	269414

Name:	IMG_20191214_122636538_HDR.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	446.2 KB
ID:	269415

The reason for not putting opake panels is Mai wants to grow crawling, flowering plants on it!
Rail!
guardrail53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 11:09 PM   #16799

Happy 63rd birthday Ann.

I got a nice suprise in the mail. My health ins. company has a healthy rewards program. I get paid to do my yearly physical,flu shot,blood work and breast health check up. Also the dreaded colonoscopy. I thought i would only get $75.00. Instead I got $130.00. DH and I went out to Ponderosa for dinner and then to Walmart. Got some groceries and splurged on some things. I would have done all these things regardless. So happy to hear Curtis is coming home in time for Christmas. Always good news on the health front for the rest of the Good Morning crew. Take care all. Ann
sam-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2019, 12:41 AM   #16800

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
That's great news Ann, glad to hear it!
Stan, awnings look mighty fine. I noticed the store signs and thought I'd ask you.....have you learned to read the Thailand alphabet/words?
Roadmaster Nighthawk II, 2011 Lincoln MKX.
2012 Newmar Canyon Star (first coach) FMCA F428511.
Electra 225 is offline   Reply With Quote