Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-25-2011, 09:27 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Got me a little fixer-uper to remodel

Hi, haven't been on for a while. I picked up this cute little 16' 1972 Terry travel trailer for my son. We are going to start fixing it up. It's got good bones, just needs a bit of tlc and some dry rot to be replaced. It's in my backyard, so I will be able to putter about it all winter.

svdreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-25-2011, 09:47 PM   #2

Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Cool, Whats the interior look like?
Old 11-25-2011, 09:57 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
It's too late and too dark to go get shots of the inside. I took those I posted at the previous owners house, just got it moved to my house, so tomorrow when it's light out, I will take some of the inside.
Old 11-25-2011, 10:59 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Can't wait to see the after shots. Love fixer up projects.
sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 07:31 PM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
A couple of quick pictures of the inside. In the first, the former owner turned the guacho bed into cupboards. In the second, they had taken out the dinnette and put a cabinet down the entire length of the trailer. It has the table from the dinette attached via a hinge down the length of the tabletop so it swings up when used for a table and folds down to be out of the way.

Old 11-28-2011, 02:20 PM   #6

Very nice! I used to have a 20' Terry and it looked very similar.
bicklebok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 02:31 PM   #7

Vintage RV Owners Club
I really like the look of that all stainless steel range and hood , has the scary old Duo-Therm furnace still....
'06 Heartland Bighorn 3400RL Fifth wheel
Follow along with me in the The Journey of
RedneckExpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 02:45 PM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedneckExpress View Post
I really like the look of that all stainless steel range and hood , has the scary old Duo-Therm furnace still....
Why is the Duo-Therm scary? We are not using it, we're using an electric oil radator for now, the previous owner couldn't get the propane line to undo so he cut it. So no heat or stove at the moment. But if the Duo-Therm is not a good unit, we will get a new heater.
Old 11-28-2011, 04:10 PM   #9

Winnebago Owners Club
Some more pics of the inside.
The cabinet built where the dinette used to be. I didn't get enough curtains to cover the window, so my son put the cushion for the guacho bed up for now. lol

Here is the table extended. It can be folded down and it gives much more room for walking around in the trailer.

The one spot on the ceiling that needs to be fixed due to an old leak that is sealed now.

The bathroom is the one place that needs the most work. The floor is very spongy and kinda scary. It will definately need to be replaced, we are toying with replacing the entire floor, it's not the most firmest thing around.

He did some weird patching that we will take out and redo right.

But thats all that's wrong with the inside, I do think it's not that hard a fix, the floor will be the hardest and I will be picking everyone brains when we get around to doing that.
Old 11-28-2011, 04:19 PM   #10

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by svdreamer View Post
Why is the Duo-Therm scary? We are not using it, we're using an electric oil radator for now, the previous owner couldn't get the propane line to undo so he cut it. So no heat or stove at the moment. But if the Duo-Therm is not a good unit, we will get a new heater.
They were old exposed pilot units that tended to have issues with the plenum rusting out or cracking.

To start the unit or adjust the temperature, you remove the front, then light the pilot and set the temp via a little adjustment knob inside the unit.
'06 Heartland Bighorn 3400RL Fifth wheel
Follow along with me in the The Journey of
RedneckExpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 05:33 PM   #11

Winnebago Owners Club
Well, shoot. Just went out there and the tire we had to fill to get it here just went flat. We had a flat with the other one when were trying to get it home, thank goodness it had a spare. Guess I'll go buy a tire when I get paid.
Old 12-01-2011, 03:01 PM   #12

Vintage RV Owners Club
Don't know how old the tires are but you might be better off getting new tires for it. They most likely have been sitting out in the sun baking and cracking sidewalls and tread areas. If going as far as you are and not get new mr. feelgoods is crazy. Thats like buying a cannon for killing a mouse...
Wallaby Dan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
remodel