Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 12-10-2006, 06:54 PM   #1

This is a 4 burner stove with oven, propane only, black oven door with "Gourmet II" is a script type face. No other markings on the stove or oven (all scrubbed off, by the looks of it). This includes the markings on the knobs that control the burners and oven. I'm using an oven thermometer to set the oven temp when I use it, but this is very hit and miss, as the markings on that knob are the guestimates I made. I want to find the manufacturer so I can order new knobs, if they are available.

Dodge 440 in an M500 chassis
Sanjay R is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-10-2006, 06:54 PM   #2

This is a 4 burner stove with oven, propane only, black oven door with "Gourmet II" is a script type face. No other markings on the stove or oven (all scrubbed off, by the looks of it). This includes the markings on the knobs that control the burners and oven. I'm using an oven thermometer to set the oven temp when I use it, but this is very hit and miss, as the markings on that knob are the guestimates I made. I want to find the manufacturer so I can order new knobs, if they are available.

Old 12-11-2006, 02:14 AM   #3

Vintage RV Owners Club
Send a message via ICQ to RedneckExpress Send a message via AIM to RedneckExpress Send a message via MSN to RedneckExpress Send a message via Yahoo to RedneckExpress
What year is the RV that its in, odds are that sounds a bit like a Magic Chef almost.
'06 Heartland Bighorn 3400RL Fifth wheel
Follow along with me in the The Journey of
RedneckExpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 01:34 PM   #4

Oops, did I forget to mention that this is in a 1977 Overland 30' class A? Looks to be original to the rig as well. I cannot find any labels or other markings on it other than the one on the oven door. It also appears to be in the style of appliances from that vintage. Hope this helps. If it is a Magic Chef, who made them?

Old 12-11-2006, 02:01 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">If it is a Magic Chef, who made them? </div></BLOCKQUOTE> Ummm Magic Chef

You might try here for parts: http://www.repairclinic.com/0070.asp?brand=104&gclid=CI...fPi4kCFSGTYAodoALl4Q
Old 12-11-2006, 02:34 PM   #6

OK, I searched that site, and they have no knobs that look like the ones on the range. I also found that Magic Chef is made by Maytag, but that department is closed for the day. I did pull the stovetop to look for a model number, and found where it should have been. Also scrubbed off. so th4e numbers/markings on the knobs, the manufacturers name, and the model/serial numbers have all been scrubbed off of this range. . . Does anyone else smell a conspiracy?

Old 12-11-2006, 11:50 PM   #7

Vintage RV Owners Club
Send a message via ICQ to RedneckExpress Send a message via AIM to RedneckExpress Send a message via MSN to RedneckExpress Send a message via Yahoo to RedneckExpress
Given the age, you'll be extremely lucky to find any new knobs. I'm in the same boat with my 1974 Coleman Range in my camper. One of the knobs has been broken for years, since before the guy that sold it to me owned it, and I've not been able to find a replacement.
Old 12-12-2006, 10:18 AM   #8

Nah, the boats are over there &lt;points&gt; in the docks.
well I called Maytag this morning, as they are the makers of Magic Chef. They have never heard of Gourmet II, so we are left with carting pictures of the stove around to RV places to see if anyone recognises it.

Now, what I want to know is why did RV ranges go to three burners from four? Is there some good reason to only have three burners?

Old 12-12-2006, 01:04 PM   #9

Vintage RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon (The right side of the Cascades and home of Crater Lake)
Sanjay, try calling some of the links under "78 Honey" at the beginning of the forum. Someone may be able to help.
Hoverbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 05:00 PM   #10

I love Hardcastles (that is my local RV supply store). I went in today to pick up the tank saver wand so I could knock some of that crud off of the inside of my water heater, and I mentioned my problem identifying my RV Range. I showed him a picture of it, and told him the name on the front, and her instantly knew the make. My range is a Traveler. Now I can look for the knobs with some accuracy.

Old 12-13-2006, 07:01 PM   #11

Vintage RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon (The right side of the Cascades and home of Crater Lake)
Thats great. I also learn much from our local rv store and repair; Pioneer RV here in KFalls.
Hoverbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 09:13 PM   #12

Vintage RV Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sanjay R:
Nah, the boats are over there &lt;points&gt; in the docks.
well I called Maytag this morning, as they are the makers of Magic Chef. They have never heard of Gourmet II, so we are left with carting pictures of the stove around to RV places to see if anyone recognises it.

Now, what I want to know is why did RV ranges go to three burners from four? Is there some good reason to only have three burners? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well the range was a guess on my part, as the name sounded familiar to some of the newer ones Magic Chef makes.

I have a 4 burner, unless you're using smaller pots/pans, you really can't fit more than three on a time.
Old 12-14-2006, 02:46 AM   #13

I wondered about the number of burners as I look at RV. That makes sence to allow larger cookware. I rarely ever use 4 burners at home so most likely wouldn't in ther RV either. Glad to see you found the make of stove.

E350 Chassis
Mike (KC9IPV) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 10:04 AM   #14

Monaco Owners Club
These guys list your stove. You would have to call them, but they may have the parts you are looking for.
http://www.ericksonsrv.com/index.html