Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-04-2013, 06:22 AM   #1

Has anyone tried Shine On BC to restore the look of your RV

Hi,

I have a 20 year RV that needs a major face lift... need to put the shine back into the old beast... I have been looking at Shine on BC Shine On BC | Fiberglass Restoration Clear Coat!

It seems to be to good to be true.

Has anyone tried this product?

Thanks

Mike
mgfiest is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-04-2013, 06:42 AM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgfiest View Post
Hi,

I have a 20 year RV that needs a major face lift... need to put the shine back into the old beast... I have been looking at Shine on BC Shine On BC | Fiberglass Restoration Clear Coat!

Thanks

Mike
I see this is your first post, Welcome!

I have not tried that product however; I am a Red Max / Zep, floor wax convert.
Do a search on either of those names on this forum, probably something you are not aware of since you are new.

This is my 1996 after a ZEP high traffic wax job, still looks this good after 1 year!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	022.jpg
Views:	385
Size:	154.7 KB
ID:	47197  
Old 10-04-2013, 06:53 AM   #3

Quote:
Hi, I have a 20 year RV that needs a major face lift... need to put the shine back into the old beast... I have been looking at Shine on BC Shine On BC | Fiberglass Restoration Clear Coat! It seems to be to good to be true. Has anyone tried this product? Thanks Mike
Others will chime in here but this stuff sounds like an over priced version of the Red Max pro floor wax products talked about here. This product will work but is it worth any more than a $10 gallon of Red max and a 2$ bottle of detergent soap to prep the surface?
Solask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 05:37 AM   #4

thanks for the info... will do the search...
Old 10-05-2013, 07:52 AM   #5

National RV Owners Club
Shine On will send you a trial test kit for about $7.00. I did that and thought that the results were decent. The fibreglass where I tried it drank it in pretty good. You must get your surface really clean for best effect.
Old 10-06-2013, 01:39 AM   #6

Either it be Shine on or Zep... my pin stripping is pretty well done... I should take them off... stupid question.. but should I apply the application on first and then the new stripping... not sure if the new pin stripping would "bleed" when the either of the application is applied on the stripping
Old 10-06-2013, 02:30 AM   #7

National RV Owners Club
Quote:
Either it be Shine on or Zep... my pin stripping is pretty well done... I should take them off... stupid question.. but should I apply the application on first and then the new stripping... not sure if the new pin stripping would "bleed" when the either of the application is applied on the stripping
Personally, the striping should probably go on after. The Shine - one is kind of like a stone sealer. It seems to be absorbed by the material of the FG. Putting it on top of pin striping if you have the choice would probably not be terribly helpful
Old 10-06-2013, 11:04 AM   #8

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Hi,

Thanks

Mike
Mike, I just sent a request for a sample to use on our 82 Pace Arrow I hope its true, I'm asking for a free sample, if its as good as they say they will send it and if it works that well I will buy the product. I'm tired of buying products that don't work as stated.
I have a bag full of stuff that claimed to make it shine.
Good luck,tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 10:04 AM   #9

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Hi. I may be a little slow of understanding but are y'all talking about using ZEP floor wax on the FG sides of the RV? I would have never thought of that. Thanks, Joe
JoefromCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 05:47 AM   #10

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Yup it works and it lasts.

Clean thoroughly with TSP or Barkeepers friend, I also used Comet on some stubborn stuff. Put at least 5 light coats on the coach with a micro fiber cloth. Read some of the ZEP and Red Max threads.

OH, by the way, DON'T use it on paint, wax is better there, works good on decals, do a light coat on them first so color does not bleed onto your cloth..
Old 10-20-2013, 04:30 PM   #11

Winnebago Owners Club
We will get our order in when we return, give DW something to do....... Lol
gmasters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 04:44 PM   #12

Aluminum??

My RV is aluminum. Will it work on painted aluminum? Has anyone tried it?

MO Fred
South Central Missouri
MO Fred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 06:30 PM   #13

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by spritz View Post
Mike, I just sent a request for a sample to use on our 82 Pace Arrow I hope its true, I'm asking for a free sample, if its as good as they say they will send it and if it works that well I will buy the product. I'm tired of buying products that don't work as stated.
I have a bag full of stuff that claimed to make it shine.
Good luck,tim
Didn't work, so back to the bag of so called cleaners.
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote