Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 01-27-2016, 10:02 AM   #1
Hello from SoCal

Hello everybody!

New RV person here. I owned (and completely remodeled) 1991 Bounder (gasser with 460 Ford) since last July. After two long trips, we decided we need something bigger, better (more quality built), and a pusher that will climb grades (unlike the Bounder).

We zeroed in on two coaches. Prevost, and Vogue. Prevost was out of our budget, and the final choice ended up to be 1995 Prima Vista, with 100K on the clock. It has Cat 350HP, and Alison World (6 speed). Runs great, purrs like a Cat, and it's VERY, very pretty, and extremely quality built. We are happy with the purchase. There are few issues however.

First and foremost.......she came with three BIG three ring binders, full of manuals and instructions for every component installed........except the original owners manual! I searched the web for couple of days, and I was not able to locate one. If one could direct me to the place I can purchase one, I'd be obliged.

Second......on the way home (we purchased the old lady in Albuquerque) to our ranch, she lost a set screw that holds the airbag adjustment rod in place, on the port side in the rear (it has two valves in the rear, and one in the front). It was most likely not locked in with Locktite, and it fell out. Screw itself is not a problem (I found one already), but since I don't have the manual I don't know what the ride height has to be. I've heard that the port side is at different height than the starboard, in order to compensate for the crown in the road. If someone can provide that info, I'd be grateful.

I also can't locate HWH manual for the leveling jacks operation, and since I never owned something like that, I have no idea how to operate these. I've heard about people popping their windshields by doing it the wrong way. If someone can describe this procedure, I'd appreciate it (dumping air before or after she's leveled,....and the rest of it).

To add.......I am a retired military, and very mechanical. We own 10 vehicles, and I work on all of them. We live on 140 acre horse ranch, and are pretty self sufficient. We have fully equipped machine/mechanical shop on the ranch, and we can also do light industrial manufacturing (as needed for our own operation).

I have a long history of "wrenching" on motorcycles, cars, light trucks, boats, and airplanes,.......but almost no experience with RVs. My "extensive" experience with RVs consists of a complete remodel on the Bounder (July and August of last year), and drove it once to Idaho and back, and once to Arizona, and back.

Oh yeah,......I forgot to add.....we are "vintage" kind of people, and we love older things. Of course we use computers, and we have "smart" phones (the only concession we give to these "modern" times!), but we long for the "time gone by", and enjoy vintage.......well everything!

Thank you for reading.

Danielsand is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-27-2016, 12:11 PM   #2

Tony & Ruth........... FMCA#F416727
Newmar Dutch Star 4320, Spartan MM Chassis, Cat C9, Jeep Grand Cherokee,with Hemi, hooked up with a Blue Ox Aventa LX, and Brake Buddy.
TonyDi is offline   Reply With Quote