Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 01-27-2013, 02:00 PM   #15

Vintage RV Owners Club
1968 Swiss Colony Photo

Hey Nick,

Tried to load a photo of my Swiss Colony. Didn't seem to go through. Will Try here.

Wayland

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-27-2013, 02:06 PM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
I love vintage stuff. It's beautiful. Can't beat the old day stuff. All made in the USA. good luck.

Old 02-02-2013, 10:57 AM   #17

Talking

Hey All, I finally found the serial number on the tounge! It was very faint, but I'm pretty sure I can make it out. The rust pitting is about as deep as the stamping, but its there. It appears to be 5170415 as far as I can tell. The "0" in the middle might be a 6, but I'm pretty confident it it is a zero. I also found "VITREO JAN. 65" printed on the underside of the sink. Not sure how long sinks sat on a shelf before being installed, so at oldest it is a 1965, maybe actually a '66 or '67?
Does it make sense that the first or last 5 designates the 5 in 1965, or maybe the 7 for 1967? Either way, I think I will register it as a 1965 with this serial number.

Wayland, I found the number stamped on the top of the "passenger side" of the tounge about 6 inches back from where the rectanglular tubing meets the stamped hitch section. Does your serial number have an 8 somewhere in it if you are confident that it is a 1968? Would love to see pictures of your Swiss.

Regards,
Nick
Old 02-03-2013, 07:56 AM   #18

Vintage RV Owners Club
Swiss Colony Serial Number

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornville View Post
Here is a picture of my 1968. I hope it will load.

Wayland
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickP178 View Post
Hey All, I finally found the serial number on the tounge! It was very faint, but I'm pretty sure I can make it out. The rust pitting is about as deep as the stamping, but its there. It appears to be 5170415 as far as I can tell. The "0" in the middle might be a 6, but I'm pretty confident it it is a zero. I also found "VITREO JAN. 65" printed on the underside of the sink. Not sure how long sinks sat on a shelf before being installed, so at oldest it is a 1965, maybe actually a '66 or '67?
Does it make sense that the first or last 5 designates the 5 in 1965, or maybe the 7 for 1967? Either way, I think I will register it as a 1965 with this serial number.

Wayland, I found the number stamped on the top of the "passenger side" of the tounge about 6 inches back from where the rectanglular tubing meets the stamped hitch section. Does your serial number have an 8 somewhere in it if you are confident that it is a 1968? Would love to see pictures of your Swiss.

Regards,
Nick

Hey Nick,

Glad you found a number. At least you have something to get your plate with.

My number on my registration makes no sense at all. It is supposed to be a 68 and there are no 8's in my number at all. 2's,5's,0's and a 1. Go figure.

I will try and look today at the tongue and see if there is a number there.

I tried to upload a picture last week and it didn't work. I will try and attach it to this post. I don't find this site very user friendly. There are some procedures I am not familiar with, and I consider myself fairly computer savvy.

If you wanted to get me your e-mail address somehow I could mail them direct.

Will try and post the picture now. Just noticed it says Add Video. What about stills? Here goes with the choose file.

Regards,

Wayland
Old 02-03-2013, 08:24 AM   #19

Vintage RV Owners Club
Swiss Colony Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickP178 View Post

Regards,
Nick

I loaded my picture to the Photo section of this site. Looks like it went through.

Wayland
Old 02-03-2013, 05:54 PM   #20

Love the interior. My best friend growing up had one. Lots of great memories.
Old 02-06-2013, 03:59 PM   #21

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
I loaded my picture to the Photo section of this site. Looks like it went through.

Wayland
Hi!

I'd love to see the pic but don't know where to look for it...

Here's a tip for uploading your computer-stored pics right here to the thread:

-In the "reply to thread" box below you'll see "go advanced".

-Click on that and it'll take you to a page with more posting options.

-At the bottom of that page where it says "Additional options", click on "manage attachments". A window will open within which you can upload pics right from your own computer files.

Looking forward to seeing your trailer!
Old 02-07-2013, 09:35 AM   #22

Vintage RV Owners Club
1968 Swiss Colony Photo

Here are some before and after shots of the interior.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00125.JPG
Views:	40
Size:	62.2 KB
ID:	33175   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00211.JPG
Views:	37
Size:	62.0 KB
ID:	33176  

Name:	DSC00134.JPG
Views:	38
Size:	62.9 KB
ID:	33177   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00236.JPG
Views:	42
Size:	88.2 KB
ID:	33178  

Old 02-07-2013, 10:10 AM   #23
RV Mutant #40

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Send a message via Skype™ to Possum
Nice job on the stainless; did you do it yourself?
Cherry Creek British Columbia
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 11:02 AM   #24

Vintage RV Owners Club
Oh, man- I LOVE the blue fixtures in the kitchen!

I had an old trailer with a stove that color in it and let a friend of mine have it. I'm still mad at myself for letting it go- especially since he got rig of the rig he put it in shortly thereafter!
Old 02-08-2013, 09:59 AM   #25

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nice job

Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
Nice job on the stainless; did you do it yourself?
Yo Possum,

I did do the work myself. Cut out chipboard patterns and snipped the pieces from aluminum. Not sure how it will hold up, but we will see. Can always go back and redo if it doesn't work.
Old 02-08-2013, 11:14 PM   #26
RV Mutant #40

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Send a message via Skype™ to Possum
It sure is satisfying when your handiwork turns out to look so good, isn't it. Again congratulations on the great job.
Cherry Creek British Columbia
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 11:13 AM   #27

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:

Wayland
Hey Nick,

I went out to the trailer before the big storm and took a look at the tongue and found a number stamped on the triangle that is part of the hitch. Not the same number as the number on my registration. 417 233 Maybe it is the part number for the hitch.

I did post a picture in the photo section and put some on this thread. I'll put up some more now.

Looks like we'll be digging out tomorrow.

Later,

Wayland
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSC00193.JPG
Views:	29
Size:	61.5 KB
ID:	33245   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00136.JPG
Views:	26
Size:	61.9 KB
ID:	33246  

Name:	DSC00212.JPG
Views:	25
Size:	61.3 KB
ID:	33247   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00230.JPG
Views:	26
Size:	61.5 KB
ID:	33248  

Old 02-09-2013, 12:30 PM   #28

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Hey Nick,

I went out to the trailer before the big storm and took a look at the tongue and found a number stamped on the triangle that is part of the hitch. Not the same number as the number on my registration. 417 233 Maybe it is the part number for the hitch.
Is the number on the coupler hardware, or is it embedded in the steel that makes up the tongue itself?
If the latter, I think it's more likely to be the trailer's original VIN- they're often stamped on the tongue.