Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 07-14-2013, 05:25 PM   #43
I had a 58 Swiss Coloney. No pic but it had a pressurized water system with the compressor under the rear gaucho. It had a drop down bed above the rear gaucho . Can not remember anything else about it. Loved it a lot. rkl

2002 Journey 36GD, Roadmaster Blackhawk tow system, 2006 Jeep Commander Hemi, 2005 Jeep Wrangler...Webster NY/Ft Myers Fl.
RKL is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-15-2013, 06:30 PM   #44
Thanks again!

Originally Posted by Cornville View Post
Yo Kevin, great find. Does your trailer have laminate or birch plywood inside? I have a list somewhere that lets you know the year by the serial number. I will post it when I find it. There was some info on the Shasta site about Swiss Colony's. Good luck with your fix up.
My camper has the laminate finish, not the real birch, some of which has been painted. I also have the pressurized water system. I noticed there is a section of plastic hose spliced in under the back seat (gaucho), prob where the pump used to be. I checked out the Shasta site but it seems to be removed. Any links to other info would be appreciated! Thanks, Kevin

KevSwisColny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 11:40 AM   #45

Hi there. I'm Bob Liebman in New Mexico, and I'm Power of Attorney ('POA') for a guy in detention and trying to sell a Swiss Colony Travel Trailer related to his situation.

I haven't located the VIN on the thing yet, and wondered if you/your father could be of assistance to me?

My e-mail address is bobconsult@msn.com, and my contact numbers are (505) 281-2308 (h/o) and (505) 550-9081 (cell). If you would allow, I can send you a bunch of photos of the trailer for your Dad's ID, then hopefully his telling me where the VIN should be!!

I've looked on the tongue and found nothing up to now, unless I need to 'look harder' and/or if it was there, but got removed or painted over.

Thanks tons. Really appreciate it, and that you/your father have made themselves 'available' in this manner!

This trailer is 'older,' about 15' overall length and 12' 'inner length.'

Bob Liebman, Edgewood, NM
Bobuon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 07:29 AM   #46
I'm trustee for what is probably a 60s or 70s 15' or so Swiss Colony, and will likewise be most grateful for any information leading to the arrest and conviction of the VIN number on this thing!!

Anyone is welcome to e-mail me at bobconsult@msn.com.

Bobuon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 06:44 AM   #47
Vintage RV Owners Club
Hey Bob,
I found my number on the tongue on the top of the left side as you are standing in front and looking at it. The numbers are quite thin, so maybe the paint has filled them in. Try a light scraping in that area.
Cornville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 10:07 AM   #48
I have a 13 foot Swiss Colony Camper. The title says it is a 1957. I have been able to find little or no info on my camper or the company that made it. Does anyone know anything about this particular kind of camper? I saw the info that someone posted about the manufacturer, (thank you for that!), but I am wanting to know something about the campers themselves. My little camper is in pretty good shape, but at some point there was a leak and the installation of the rain gutter/ roof section of metal has not been done properly. I am hoping to see how it is supposed to be done so that I can remedy the problem. Anyone else have an early model Swiss Colony?

Elle Mental is offline   Reply With Quote