Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-19-2020, 09:13 PM   #1

Help identifying switches

Help what do these switches do
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	84AD3712-F369-4030-A676-57BA141F5E1E.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	373.8 KB
ID:	272734   Click image for larger version

Name:	DFA8AF08-1846-4830-A8CD-3E8C2FBA62F0.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	409.4 KB
ID:	272735  

Plumkrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-19-2020, 09:19 PM   #2
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Most of us could guess, but if you tell us the year/make/model of RV you have it'd be a lot easier.

Better yet, please create a signature (User CP tab > Edit Signature) so that info will be shown with all your posts.

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 09:35 PM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
First one to guess:
Top row, L to R: Headlights, Parking lights, Overhead light, Generator start.
Bottom row: Lights for L & R side (possibly docking lights?), last symbol resembles a rear window defroster but I'm guessing you don't have that.

You posted a question about a 1991 Pinnacle in another thread. Is this the same RV?
Dave RVM#66 and Carol
1998 Pace Arrow Vision
Seeing the USA - 200 miles at a time
daveandcarol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 08:29 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveandcarol View Post
First one to guess:
Top row, L to R: Headlights, Parking lights, Overhead light, Generator start.
Bottom row: Lights for L & R side (possibly docking lights?), last symbol resembles a rear window defroster but I'm guessing you don't have that.

You posted a question about a 1991 Pinnacle in another thread. Is this the same RV?
Thank you very much yes this is for the 1991 pinnacle so none of these will make the coach lights turn on? Im haveing trouble getting the coach lights to work no i dont have a window defrost
John
Old 01-20-2020, 08:36 AM   #5

I’d start flipping switches and see what lights they turn on
Old 01-20-2020, 08:44 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrktfsh View Post
I’d start flipping switches and see what lights they turn on
x2..
trampsrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 11:06 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plumkrazy View Post
Thank you very much yes this is for the 1991 pinnacle so none of these will make the coach lights turn on? Im haveing trouble getting the coach lights to work no i dont have a window defrost
John

I agree with daveandcarol about the function of the switches, except the last one. I think the last one is for heating the outside mirrors.

BTW, can you clarify your statement about the "coach lights?" Do you mean the headlights on the coach or the interior lighting, in general?
Ljwt330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 06:45 AM   #8

I need real advice becuse im haveing electrical issues
Old 01-21-2020, 09:10 AM   #9

Quote:
I need real advice becuse im haveing electrical issues

You will get real advice when you ask real, specific, questions. There are several on this forum who are/were electricians or otherwise "know their stuff" regarding electrical issues, both AC and DC.

Start by letting us know exactly what electrical issues you are having. Be as specific and detailed as possible, including if they are they 12v issues or 110 AC issues or both. Tell us if they are they issues with the coach or the chassis and which functions/circuits, exactly.

I would suggest you begin another thread that lays out your issues. This one, regarding the switches, is effectively answered and all attention will be focused on your overall electrical problems.
Old 01-21-2020, 03:01 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ljwt330 View Post
You will get real advice when you ask real, specific, questions. There are several on this forum who are/were electricians or otherwise "know their stuff" regarding electrical issues, both AC and DC.

Start by letting us know exactly what electrical issues you are having. Be as specific and detailed as possible, including if they are they 12v issues or 110 AC issues or both. Tell us if they are they issues with the coach or the chassis and which functions/circuits, exactly.

I would suggest you begin another thread that lays out your issues. This one, regarding the switches, is effectively answered and all attention will be focused on your overall electrical problems.

All 12volt issues no 110ac issues when i hook up to shore power i have everything! The switch issue still is not answered fully! So i still need help with that! Is that help?
Old 01-21-2020, 03:18 PM   #11

I have found most of my electrical issue from winnabego. You can email them with your serial and model number they can refer you on how to get a wiring diagram. I hope this will help
Rv ers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 03:37 PM   #12

Quote:
All 12volt issues no 110ac issues when i hook up to shore power i have everything! The switch issue still is not answered fully! So i still need help with that! Is that help?

Yes, that helps, but keep in mind we only know what you tell us so if this sounds nit-picky, it's only because there are many possible interpretations of information.

If I understand this last post correctly, all your problems are with the 12v system. Still, it's not clear about the issues with the 12v system.

"All 12volt issues no 110ac issues when i hook up to shore power i have everything!"

Should that be three separate sentences? If so, it makes things very clear, but the way it stands it confuses.

"All 12volt issues. No 110ac issues. When I hook up to shore power I have everything."

If this^^ is what you mean, then I will ask the following questions:

1. Is the 12v problem only with the system for the coach or also with the chassis (I ask because you initially asked about the light switches, many of which are typically chassis wired?)

2. Can you confirm that you have 12v when hooked to shore power?

Just to get things started, and based on an understanding that the problem is with the coach 12v system but that you have power to it when hooked to shore power, it could be a battery problem. How old are your batteries and have you tested them for charge or load tested them?

On shore power, the converter is powering the system and charging the batteries. If the batteries are bad, the 12v will be immediately lost when you disconnect the converter. Does this sound like your issue?
Old 01-22-2020, 08:58 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rv ers View Post
I have found most of my electrical issue from winnabego. You can email them with your serial and model number they can refer you on how to get a wiring diagram. I hope this will help
That helps 100% sir! Thank u very much!
Old 01-22-2020, 09:02 AM   #14

Tiffin Owners Club
Bottom right might be mirror heat
RTC1 is offline   Reply With Quote