Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-25-2017, 02:12 PM   #1

Help me identify my Aluma Lite XL.

Hi All, so glad I found this forum, I think the collection of knowledge here is going to help me feel a lot less alone in tinkering and troubleshooting and fixing.

I bought a big Aluma Lite XL with only 30,000 miles on the ticker. That 454 is a monster and runs so strong. I've already found a ton of good information here for the P30 chassis but the home part of the motorhome is a mystery.

There is the matter though that I am not entirely sure what model of Aluma Lite XL I have. The manufacturer plate near the driver door is aged and nearly impossible to read most of it. I can see that the manufacture date is November of 1983, that's about all I can make out.

I've looked all over for any sort of model designation behind every cabinet door, drawer under the jackknife sofa, under the bed area - can anyone tell me where to look where I might find the actual specific model for this beast?

The floor plan goes like this from front to back. There's a small table and two swivel chairs on the passenger side and a jack-knife style stofa/futon on the driver side. Then there's the fridge and furnace units on the passenger side with the sink and propane range/oven on the driver side. Continuing back there are some storage cabinets on driver and passenger sides, then lastly there is a aluminum bed frame on the passenger side read with the fresh water holding tank underneath while on the driver side is the bathroom area with a full tub in the rear driver side corner, then a toilet and sink.

The propane tank is slung under the passenger side more to the front of the vehicle and there's a single roof AC unit.

I've attached a couple pictures in case anyone can better ID this motorhome from them.

Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0001.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	499.4 KB
ID:	170095   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0002.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	460.0 KB
ID:	170096  

danielmcross is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-25-2017, 06:35 PM   #2

It's very easy to see the potential in that old beast. There are probably very few left in as good condition.
Old 07-26-2017, 06:45 PM   #3

Thanks! With only 30,000 on the odometer I think it's solid at the core. I think it will be great for long weekend trips. As I become more familiar with it I'll take longer and longer trips as long as I am confident the rig will get me home again or I am at lease confident I can manage typical road repairs. Already stocked up on typical stuff like belts, hoses, and tools. But, even if I never take it out on a long haul I'll be glad to be able to go out any weekend I want and just chill out.

I don't plan to modernize the interior much. Maybe LED lights for better house battery life. I already added solar panels and battery disconnects so I can be relatively confident when boon docking that nothing will drain my engine battery if I screw up and leave something on. Solar panels and charge controller will also keep the batteries topped off.

I kind of get a giggle out of the time warp of walking into it and being back in the 80s. The orange carpet in the driver area and on the engine doghouse is priceless.

And jeez It is a big monster. Nothing like the modern big coaches but still it seems like a lot of vehicle. I am searching Amazon right now for backup camera/rear view camera solutions to make rv park/campground maneuvers easier and so I can see if there are cars behind me on the highways.
danielmcross is offline   Reply With Quote