Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 03-07-2014, 12:55 PM   #15

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TravisNuwa81 View Post
Sorry if this has been beat to death... I see some people use zep and car wax but im hopin for something that wont take a month to use. Lol like a easy spray buff or wipe on type stuff. Thanks everyone.
Zep only took a day to do on my 22 ft. MOHO. the finish goes on fast... it's the getting the oxidation off first that takes the longest.

MartySQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-09-2014, 03:11 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post

Zep only took a day to do on my 22 ft. MOHO. the finish goes on fast... it's the getting the oxidation off first that takes the longest.
Im very excited to try this!

Old 03-09-2014, 05:31 AM   #17

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I would most definately make sure you can use it on aluminum. I'm pretty sure all the posts I've read, they are only using it on fiberglass units. I would get a bottle of NuFinish at WallyWorld. It's only about $7 a bottle. I know you want something quick but something quick will probably not last. Heck I'm 65 with a bad shoulder and go around our 38' coach with this stuff in about a day and a half (12 hrs.) Of course then I have to take a bottle of Tylenol. Good luck and hope you find something that will shine her up for you.
Steve N Sal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 12:51 PM   #18

Just a quick note Zep will work on aluminum, I did a vw van for a friend and got very nervous because I used all the same techniques and the scuff pad obviously did just that, it scuffed the paint but the Zep laid over top making a beautiful shiny finish product
Old 03-09-2014, 12:58 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchyb View Post
Just a quick note Zep will work on aluminum, I did a vw van for a friend and got very nervous because I used all the same techniques and the scuff pad obviously did just that, it scuffed the paint but the Zep laid over top making a beautiful shiny finish product
Whew. Thanks! I was really hopin itd work?
Old 03-10-2014, 12:30 PM   #20

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
I checked it out (Zep) @ Menard's and they have it, now just waiting on Mother Nature. already ++++ 50 @ 11:30 Am
its a coming...
tb
ps going out to the old gal now. She fired right off yesterday.
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 12:33 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by spritz View Post
I checked it out (Zep) @ Menard's and they have it, now just waiting on Mother Nature. already ++++ 50 @ 11:30 Am
its a coming...
tb
ps going out to the old gal now. She fired right off yesterday.
Awesome! Gotta love when they start right up! Couple questions, do u have aluminum or fiberglass siding and how much was the zep at menards?
Old 03-11-2014, 09:54 AM   #22

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TravisNuwa81 View Post
Awesome! Gotta love when they start right up! Couple questions, do u have aluminum or fiberglass siding and how much was the zep at menards?

Mines Fiberglass, I'm thinking it was just under 20 bucks for a gallon. She fired right off yesterday. Didn't even need to start the furnace but turned on the space heater for 1/2 hr. I turned her around in the driveway so the melt will run off better. I waxed her twice last season but thought I might give the Zep a shot on the lower 1/2 on the MH. Not as nice today as yesterday but still above ZERO.!!!!
tb
Old 03-11-2014, 08:19 PM   #23

I did my aluminum coach 2 years ago. I only put 2 coats on it, because I ran out of time for a rally. Of course once I got home, I had other priorities and it still looked OK. Now 2 years later, it still looks pretty good. The ZEP is a very hard product and seems to not be very porous. I drive my coach in the winter salt every Christmas. Most of the salt rinsed off with rain water. There is a little dirt on the coach, but I have not formally washed it in 2 years. It really does not look bad at all.
Old 03-11-2014, 08:28 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daveinet View Post
I did my aluminum coach 2 years ago. I only put 2 coats on it, because I ran out of time for a rally. Of course once I got home, I had other priorities and it still looked OK. Now 2 years later, it still looks pretty good. The ZEP is a very hard product and seems to not be very porous. I drive my coach in the winter salt every Christmas. Most of the salt rinsed off with rain water. There is a little dirt on the coach, but I have not formally washed it in 2 years. It really does not look bad at all.
Awesome. Any chance for a pic?
Old 03-13-2014, 10:31 AM   #25

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
2 years since you washed her. There should be a law against that...

Just Kidding,
tb
Old 03-13-2014, 12:38 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by spritz View Post
2 years since you washed her. There should be a law against that...

Just Kidding,
tb
There is, I broke it.

Its about 25 degrees out right now, and I still have snow all over, it may be a while before I take pictures to show off the dirt.
Old 03-17-2014, 08:27 PM   #27

Winnebago Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Hello All, just thought I would put my 2 cents in. I would suggest looking into new decals online you can take to old ones off with a heat gun and a plastic putty knife. If the stripes are in bad shape I went to a sign company and they scanned my old stripes and color matched and cut me new ones. I highly recommend Zep my class A was in bad shape and after many tries of rubbing compound and painful shoulders I was amazed at how easy and great finish the Zep producted. Good luck do it right once and enjoy for many years.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	91.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	151.6 KB
ID:	58526   Click image for larger version

Name:	87.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	213.7 KB
ID:	58527  

Old 03-18-2014, 06:55 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnie 2000 View Post
Hello All, just thought I would put my 2 cents in. I would suggest looking into new decals online you can take to old ones off with a heat gun and a plastic putty knife. If the stripes are in bad shape I went to a sign company and they scanned my old stripes and color matched and cut me new ones. I highly recommend Zep my class A was in bad shape and after many tries of rubbing compound and painful shoulders I was amazed at how easy and great finish the Zep producted. Good luck do it right once and enjoy for many years.
That looks amazing! I hope mine turns out as good. Ebay carries pretty cheap decals. Found a bunch of jayco ones for good prices.