Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-02-2013, 10:46 AM   #1

help with water pump wiring

My coach has two switches for the water pump. I had a old control panel 1989 from larson. This was bad so i am replacing is with a tech-edge unit. My question has to with the water pump switch setup. The system had no controller in the circuit that we can find. Now it the same wires are connected to the new switch in the same positions the main kitchen switch will turn on the pump nd the led on the switch will light. The old switch had no led on the switch but had a led board with wires running to that board. But if the switch in the bath is off the switch in the kitchen will not energize the pump. The bath switch will not energize the pump unless the kitchen switch is on. So the kitchen switch must be on and the bath switch must be on to run the pump. I also have a purple wire at the pump switch area that has 12 volts only when the pump has 12 volts.

Any held will appreciated
RICK
onevw is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-02-2013, 09:04 PM   #2

Coastal Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
This site should be able to help you, if you can't find it on the site you can contact them and ask. I would have to go at it with a multi meter much like I would a 120V 3 way circuit.

Speciality vehicle power distribution, charging, switching and controlling electrical systems from Intellitec

Good Luck the bottom line is it's all fixable.

Safe Travels

Ron
Bothcoasts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 07:28 AM   #3

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
I was reading the below link and it mention some anomalies when changing over from Larson monitors to tech-edge monitors. You may want to contact their tech support for your answers.

https://tankedge.com/techsupport.html

Geno
geno39 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water, water pump, wiring