Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 05-31-2012, 08:33 PM   #15

Well I have been tracing wires. So far, so good. I think I am getting it. Been having much trouble getting anything done. Lots of family stuff going on. Got a wife and three kids keeping me busy. I will keep you posted.

Another question. One of the pigtail wires connect to two wires coming out of the front of my TT. What are they for? To charge the battery?
Click image for larger version

Name:	Two Wires.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	210.9 KB
ID:	21793

Then there are two other wires coming out of the front of my TT that definitley look like they connect to a battery. Is that so?

Name:	Battery Wires.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	178.0 KB
ID:	21794

Then there is one more wire leading to a box on the side of the A-frame you see in the backround of the 2nd picture. No clue what the box is for.

Also, what is the box at the front of the a-frame?

Name:	Brake Controller.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	202.6 KB
ID:	21795

Sorry for all the questions. I'm such a newbie and do not know much at all. A little embarrassing to say the least.

Thanks again for all of the help Nightrider and Fransesca.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-01-2012, 10:17 PM   #16

Fleetwood Owners Club
That box in the back ground might be the brakeaway switch, the ones you have could be for the battery.

What have you confirmed for the wiring so far? Any of the lights working?

Old 06-01-2012, 10:22 PM   #17

Fleetwood Owners Club
Don't know what the other box is can you open it?

The ends are for the battery one going to be (-) the other (+) will go the converter have you located that yet?
Old 06-01-2012, 10:29 PM   #18

Fleetwood Owners Club
No worries well get it figured out just find one wire at a time and do the easy ones first clearence, turn, elec brakes that will get at least 6 done...
Old 06-02-2012, 09:59 PM   #19

Nightrider

So far here is what I got...

One of the little white (that I have since renamed and relabeled little white black strip) is right turn
Little white with orange is left turn
Little white is back up
Little black is tail lights
Little white with red stripe is ground (for the tail lights at least)

Haven't confirmed any of the lights working yet. Gotta get new bulbs.

Ok. What is the converter?
Old 06-03-2012, 08:33 AM   #20

Fleetwood Owners Club
It's what keeps the battery charged, and in the case of a missing battery it will power the 12V lights inside, it will had 120V power to run it sometimes it will be under the refer or under a drawer it will have a + and a - line running to it.
Old 06-03-2012, 08:34 AM   #21

Fleetwood Owners Club
Do the 12v lights work in side when plugged up?
Old 06-04-2012, 09:51 AM   #22

Well this is getting ridiculous. I just found out the receiver on my truck is messed up. Now to fix that!!!
Old 06-04-2012, 10:13 PM   #23

Fleetwood Owners Club
You got the wiring diagram for the truck it easy to do just match your lights to the 7 flat plug in all the color codes are in the print I sent.
Old 06-09-2012, 07:06 AM   #24

Fleetwood Owners Club
Anything new yet?
Old 06-13-2012, 12:01 PM   #25

The wiring on my truck was pretty messed up. I'm getting it worked on today. Once it is done I will be able to hook up the pigtail and see of it works. I will keep you posted. Thanks again!!
Old 06-14-2012, 07:53 AM   #26

Fleetwood Owners Club
Good deal
Old 06-19-2012, 08:47 PM   #27

Tail lights working..... Brake lights working..... Turn signals working (sorta) when I hit the turn signal, the other signal lights light up also, opposite of the other. Not as bright bit enough that I think something is wrong. Also, no go on the reverse lights. I think the bulb is have in there is too small. It wiggles in the sockets. All the others went in like a motherfudger. Any ideas on the signals? I'm 99.9% sure I got the wires right. But I will double check.
Old 06-19-2012, 09:21 PM   #28

Fleetwood Owners Club
You got a bad ground on the turn sigs and it's feeding back through the other wires trying to find ground they were flashing too I bet, recheck the ground wire on the turn sigs cut the end off and replace with a new round end and clean the metal good. also check the main ground and all grounds if the ends look bad then they most likely are. As for the back up lights that is what the center pin is for the yellow if I'm correct that where you hook up for back up lights, you will have to tap into the truck reverse lights and it runs to the center pin at the plug in and the center on the plug on the trailer then test for power at the rear on the back up lights. the bulb should be 1157 for break / turn and 1156 for running and back up lights... Let me know how that works..