Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 11-14-2013, 06:09 AM   #43
If you wanted to design this "tribal flame" that had like a horse or wolf picture hid in the design, if you know what I mean.....that would be cool

Bottom line it's yours, if you like it then go for it the next owner can do what he wants to do.

Upstate South Carolina
2002 Discovery 37U
330 CAT power
buckstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-14-2013, 06:43 AM   #44
Originally Posted by Whatnobeer View Post
I would suggest maybe a darker blue and white. That way you get the flame affect but it will look cool as if the water was running over it as someone earlier posted. I think it's cool. It's yours, run with it.
x2 look at the blue with white stripes on the 2014 ford gt500, I had a hard time choosing between the black and the blue

fla tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 06:53 AM   #45
Forest River Owners Club
It's not what we like, but what you like. Go for it!
Chillbilly - Maryville, TN - Forest River Rockwood 5th Wheel - Ford F250 - Semper-Fi
Chillbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 07:44 AM   #46

Carolina Campers
IMHO, your home is your castle. Your taste is what matters, not the opinion of others.

For instance, my SIL and grandson would want more skulls, some pirate related markings, some blood drops, crossed swords, etc.

Others in my family would like the whole coach to be painted in camouflage with a deer head superimposed, some rifles, etc.

Hey, I would probably even have the coach wrapped in an advertisement, if I got paid enough...

I saw one coach in TX that was covered in Bible versus and various statements proclaiming the occupants beliefs in the things that either gave them strength or maybe fear....

I think you should go for it and make your own statement. At least you will have fun expressing yourself. You will stand out as the individual you are.

Just make sure your SO is happy as well. That makes life so much more fun as well.
tedgard01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 07:57 AM   #47
Sorry it took so long to respond, I tried three times through my cell pone and it crapped out on the post.
Your tribal flames need some refinement, now take that with a grain of salt as I know this is only a sketch. The angle at which they travel to the back and top of the coach is far too extreme. they should sweep from front to back, not front to top.
A lot of people mention dark colors and heat and you mentioned you like the contrast. I would suggest keeping the dark colors low and the light colors high. As long as you do that then heat should not be too big of a deal. If you are stuck on tribal flames, definitely be prepared to spend some serious bucks on a good pinstriper. You will need one to make them pop.
Network Engineer/Airbrush Artist in Tampa, FL
2006 Pilgrim Open Road 357RL & 1997 Fleetwood Southwind Storm
airbrushguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 09:02 PM   #48
Originally Posted by Wild Irish View Post
I'm attaching two pictures (rough sketches) of my concept for a paint job which will be the lipstick on the "Pig", so to speak. I really would like to hear from you whether you love it or hate it. I promise I won't put you on a hit list if you don't like it
Doug & Darlene Morgan RVM96 & Abby Gabby(pooch)
04 Dolphin 6375 LX W-24 Chassis #434136
"The Journey is our Destination"Hickory,NC
Dmorgan6375 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 05:09 PM   #49

Not our cup of tea... we are more for keeping things original. But to each his own.
Brian and Kim VanBuskirk
2008 Damon Tuscany 40 DP
Tow: 20" Trailer with Classic C3 Corvettes
Car Dolly: Mini Cooper Clubman
vanbuskirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 12:40 PM   #50
Gulf Streamers Club
Thank you all for continuing opinions! I like the idea of the stylized wolf or dragon, or what have you, in tribal flames, but I think it would be a little beyond the effort I want to put into this paint job, and I don't know how I could incorporate the dark windows in the design. I think they would detract from it somewhat. That is part of the reason I sketched it the way it is, with the dark area going up toward the rear. I wanted to keep the windows in the dark areas of the design. I would happily welcome anyones sketched ideas and take a look at them. Maybe I would use a different design if it fits what I envision. :-)
I said "I'll own a motor home when pigs fly"...Well I now own the "pig", and love it!
Wild Irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 03:25 PM   #51
Monaco Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Still not sure if it's flames or waves! If flames, then red, yellow and orange, but only if you have a 32 Ford Hi Boy (no fenders) with a matching paint job for a TOAD!

Mr LeMans
Mr LeMans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 10:22 AM   #52
The second photo looks better than the first, as there is some obvious refinement in your artistry. As it transitions to just flames, the flame needs to be thinner. Try to avoid wider all black areas. Those tend to look bulky, rather than slick. I fully understand avoiding the modern look of the Nike strike, but one aspect of those lines is they emphasize length and flow, while minimizing height and bulk. That is accomplished by longer thin lines. So I would suggest some tweaking to the basic idea, trying to avoid line width, once the lines are isolated from the all dark front.

A second recommendation is to go to 3 color, and outline the black in grey. The grey width should be proportional to the over all thickness of the total dark color. This will also emphasize sleekness and break up some of the visual bulk.

Lastly, I would recommend using black metallic, rather than just plain black. Not only will it make it cooler, but adds artistry to the over all look, and softens the big black painted by an amateur affect. (don't take this last sentence too harshly)

Daveinet is offline   Reply With Quote