Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 06-19-2015, 01:20 PM   #15

MBRIDINGER...i have the stock 12v fan that came with my 1994 model Bounder. I have it running 100% of the time right now. The solar panels keep it going all day and the batteries keep it going all night. It never drains the 4 golf cart batteries more than 10% during an evening.

Gocoffeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-19-2015, 06:50 PM   #16

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDDonkey View Post
I live by Luke AFB, in the Valley, I keep my coach plugged in to a 20amp plug, run the fantastic fan in the front and open a window in the rear so that it draws air through most of the coach. It help but we are in AZ and it gets hot, I went into my coach yesterday and it was 110 degrees.
I would be happy to have 110. I will try my $20 fan idea first and see. After I get back from Flagstaff next week. thanks for the reply.

mbridinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 06:53 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gocoffeer View Post
MBRIDINGER...i have the stock 12v fan that came with my 1994 model Bounder. I have it running 100% of the time right now. The solar panels keep it going all day and the batteries keep it going all night. It never drains the 4 golf cart batteries more than 10% during an evening.
Thanks. Good to know, I have the fan in the bathroom but it sounds like a helicopter.
mbridinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 07:44 PM   #18

Hot in the RV

I live in Utah during the summer and Lake Havasu City/Parker in the winter. It has also been over 100 F degrees here in Utah for the last several days. If money is not an issue, I would invest in a turbo kool rooftop RV swamp cooler depending on your location. If you live in dryer part of Arizona with less humidity you'll be loving life. I have Coleman's version of the RV swamp cooler. It's 72 inside my rig most days. Of course my Motorhome also has good insulation. Park your rig under a tree and take advantage of what ever shade you can. I lived in Yuma for 3 1/2 years. My first AZ summer it was 138 F degrees. if your like me and find the RV stores to expensive shop around on eBay or browse the Craigslist ads for your area. The sooner you have a good working AC or rooftop cooler, the happier your going to be. In southwest AZ where we get intense humidity from the monsoon season in the summer, evaporative cooling doesn't work. So I had to go the AC route instead and be hooked up to regular shore power. If your running on limited battery power, I'd go the rv swamp cooler route since solar panels cannot power a regular AC unit. the swamp cooler only requires 12 volts of DC and sufficient water in your fresh water tank, so you can keep cool anywhere. I tried surviving the AZ summer without a working cooler/AC. I just couldn't do it. It was not humanly possible.

1979 Dodge Tioga Class C 24 foot. 1987 Fleetwood Bounder 34 Foot.