Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-13-2010, 06:04 PM   #15

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
broken windshield

Sounds like a fair price. Did you get a good job? Has the company been in business along time with solid ties to manufacturer? Were the installers journeymen with at least four years experience each? Were installers certified by the glass industry? Did you get references from the rv industry? Windshields are very expensive and if not properly installed you could be buying another one when you hit a bump or torque your frame. Even if insurance is paying the bill you should make sure you get a good job. Nothing is really free and we all pay insurance premiums.

Steve
sac1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-15-2010, 12:45 AM   #16

Winnebago Owners Club
I bought a 1985 Class C 3 years ago and there was a crack in the window above the cab over. Appears that it was heavy duty taped - never had a leak - but now I want to get it fixed - I do have have glass insurance coverage- should I remove tape etc or leave as is when insurance adjuster looks at it?
Old 01-21-2011, 06:30 AM   #17

Winnebago Owners Club
Florida Cooters Club
Coastal Campers
Send a message via MSN to Ricody Send a message via Yahoo to Ricody Send a message via Skype™ to Ricody
Windshield replacement

Hello Rvrs,

I just had my windshield replace in my Winnebago 1994 Itasca Suncruiser in december, a rock must have hit it on one of our trips, called State Farm Insurance and they cover all the expensess, we live in SW Florida, no hassles, pretty straight forward, the company doing the work came to our house and took care of it.
Old 01-21-2011, 07:15 AM   #18

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosalind Lee View Post
I bought a 1985 Class C 3 years ago and there was a crack in the window above the cab over. Appears that it was heavy duty taped - never had a leak - but now I want to get it fixed - I do have have glass insurance coverage- should I remove tape etc or leave as is when insurance adjuster looks at it?
not sure this would be an ins claim as it is a prexisting condition
brianj