Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 09-04-2006, 05:47 PM   #15

Ours is a 23 ft 1977 Midas Mini on a GMC 1 ton Chassis. Stripped walls down to the studs to replace a few rotted parts. Rebuilt & painted cabinets (I now have adjustable shelves!), built a full size bed across the rear and installed beadboard on the walls (pale yelow) and anaglypta paper on the ceiling (looks like old-fashiond tin ceiling with a faux blue sky with white clouds on it). Still need to install the parquet wood floor and finish installing the trim. David says after living in this full-time (which we are now) with the dog & cat, I will find the 40ft bus conversion "spacious". Still got a little more "tweaking" to do.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-26-2006, 09:37 AM   #16

1961 Deville 15' Trailer. Also trying to finish the resto-mod on my 54 Ford Coupe to tow it with.

Old 10-08-2006, 07:06 PM   #17

Hi there, I am new to this site as well as rv'ing. My fiance and I just purchased our first travel trailer. It is a 28 ft Fleetwood Prowler. I think it's a 79 model year but could be wrong due to the fact we can't read the vin tag as is so weather beaten.
Old 10-10-2006, 01:01 PM   #18

Have you posted your for sale rigs on the forum "For Sale" option?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 53clipper:
I have a 1968 Venture 19' Class A, one piece molded fiberglass, wide block 318, made in Banning,CA. It has more cupboards and storage than you have ever seen in 19'.
I also have a beautiful 1993 36' Class A Airstream Landyacht!! Both for sale !
Now that I am widowed, I can't use the Class A's anymore, depth perception, too much distance between the mirrors.
I can use my 1982 22'TransStar Class B+, and I am very happy and comfy driving it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
apackof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 04:38 PM   #19
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
dougruss3 welcome to irv2
Check around on this forum to see how others have made their TT's more enjoyable you may have some fun doing it.
Doesn't the title have year of TT.
Enjoy the forums and post often.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 07:18 PM   #20

Didn't get the title yet as we got it from a trailer park and are making payment on it, but my fiance did find all of the papers of everything that is in the trailer in one of the drawers. The vin number is written in the back of the book on the trailer. It is 20R92118S3673
Old 10-22-2006, 02:02 PM   #21

I have a 1973 Landau. It's 28ft, on a Dodge platform with a 413 engine and 427 transmission. It has a fiberglass body.
Old 11-01-2006, 03:09 PM   #22

1977 Overland 30' HSRC Class A here. Just got the rig a couple of months ago, and already have a couple of years worth of plans for refurbishing it. Hey, I have a question on floorcoverings: I am wanting to put tile on the floors, but I have heard that the floors "flex" a lot when driving the Class A. The flexing of the floor is said to cause a lot of tile breakage. My question is

1) Is this so, or am I getting old info here?
2) Is there a better alternative to tile for durability and ease of cleaning?

Thanks!!

Dodge 440 in an M500 chassis
Sanjay R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 08:37 AM   #23

1976 Yellowstone Capri 28foot. Bouught from the original owner.
Tow vehicle: 1991 Ford E350 Type III Ambulance. IDI Non turbo diesel. 4:10 gear ratio rear. E4OD Jasper transmission. 1976 Yellowstone Capri travel trailer.
CompuDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 05:21 PM   #24

1967 Shasta Starflyte:

http://josiah.illiop.com/pics/camper/2006-Dec-10.jpg
Old 03-05-2007, 03:13 AM   #25

1974 Apache Roamer popup
1976 GMC Class A Motorhome (active restoration)
Old 03-05-2007, 09:20 AM   #26

1979 Fleetwood Wilderness 5th wheel 32 ft. We've had it for 5 years. Do new upgrades every year. Got this from my dad as he was to old to enjoy it anymore but love all the pics and stories we tell of our adventures.
Old 04-13-2007, 08:30 PM   #27

We have a 1969 - 19' Excel Travel Trailer and tow it with a 1972 Ford F-250 XLT Camper Special with only 35k original miles.
Old 05-31-2007, 04:47 PM   #28

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by apackof2:
Have you posted your for sale rigs on the forum "For Sale" option?
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 53clipper, now LakeConroePenny:
I have a 1968 Venture 19' Class A, one piece molded fiberglass, wide block 318, made in Banning,CA. It has more cupboards and storage than you have ever seen in 19'.
I also have a beautiful 1993 36' Class A Airstream Landyacht!! Both for sale !
</div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I traded the Airstream MH for two cars, just to get it away from here, as the Property Owner's Assoc. was giving me a bad time.
I can't get the Venture MH away from my son, and I don't have the time to clean it up to sell it right now, as I have a 1977 Apache Ramada Hardside to work on. It will be for sale later, as it is too big, (sleeps 8,) for just lil ole me, and I think that it will be too much for me to put up and down by myself.
I just got a lovely, almost like new, 18' 1968 Hi-Lo. I just have to install the new shades and drapes I have bought for it, that match the original upholstery. It even has a power tongue jack, so this will be more my style !! I also have to install an a/c, as they didn't have roof airs in 1968, and I want to try to keep it mostly original. The back window is one big awning type, so I can install a window unit in there, without even removing the glass.
Happy Trails all you Vintage-ites, Penny, TX

Don't Drink and Drive, EVER!!
LakeConroePenny,TX is offline   Reply With Quote