Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 05-31-2007, 06:58 PM   #29

Vintage RV Owners Club
Good Luck and share the adventures here for us who are still doing whatever it takes to get them on the road again!!

Wallaby Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-01-2007, 03:32 PM   #30

Our 1986 Holiday Rambler Presidential is 21 years old; its a real dream machine and I think vintage by now, looks kind of art deco.

I am having the exhaust manifolds replaced this week...454 (Big Block Chevy) exhaust manifolds are known to warp. It should be nice and quite now:

HEMI

Old 07-02-2007, 12:55 AM   #31

My 1985 Barth Regal

God Bless and Pleasant Journeys,
Dave Bowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 01:56 PM   #32

Vintage RV Owners Club
Dave, What chassie or engine is in that Barth Regal. Looks like a gas engine model or maybe a blue bird?
Old 07-02-2007, 07:03 PM   #33

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
We just finished a trip to Alaska in our 21 year old, 22' class A Winnebago. We had no big problems with her and were very comfortable.

The gas milage wasn't all that great. It has a 454 engine. We averaged 7.33 mpg for the whole trip, but if I could have gotten Bill to keep his foot out of it, we could have gotten much better milage. One tank we had to go real slow because of the road and we got almost 10 mpg. When we first started out and he was so excited to be on the road, we got only 5 mpg for a couple of tanks until I convinced him to slow down.
Old 07-02-2007, 07:20 PM   #34

Vintage RV Owners Club
I know how that is! The key is to keep it around 55-65 mph. Thats when I get My best. With the old engine[454] I got 9-13 mph but I'm am hoping to get even better fuel millage once it gets broken in. Have a good one, Capt.Dan
Old 07-03-2007, 04:57 AM   #35

I own a 1981 Chevy based Winniebago chief 20' with a 350 engine,400th trans,add-on trans cooler,single rear tire that has 4,600 miles on it.All new tires,brakes,brake lines.I'm sure as well there are a lot older models out there.This one I want to bring back to new as new can be.Oh,it has a rebuilt carb too.Runs strong.
Old 11-13-2008, 06:56 PM   #36

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We have a 1984 Holiday Rambler 35'Presidential, fifth wheel. Bought it in 89' and have put a estimated 100k miles on it. Just this last year did I spend any serious money on it other than tires & battery's. I replaced the mor-ride axles with torque ride Dexter axles because parts were no longer available for the OEM product. Fridge replaced several years ago with Norcold Marine fridge that runs on 12/120 volts. Replaced main furnace & water heater in 94'.
Old 11-15-2008, 06:27 AM   #37

Vintage RV Owners Club
I recently purchased a 87 Beaver Marquis and I'm about half of the way done with the remodel job.
Have replaced kitchen linolium, removed the two chairs replaced with desk and tiled hearth for the electric fireplace,covered couch added throw pillows.Still left to do removing carpet from walls and replace with low nap Berber carpet in neutral color,strip carpet in bathroom replace with tile or? Hugs Peabody
Peabody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 10:29 AM   #38

We have a 1976 Winnebago Chieftain D26.....Seems to not be many of these, and just sold our 1972 Nomad TT.

Walkerbunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 11:24 AM   #39

2 years ago we made our entrance into RV'ing by purchasing a '73 TEC class A - 28', 454 chev on a P-30 chassis. Haven't been able to find much if any info on this model and haven't seen one like it. All systems are working well - engine is getting tired so will probably need some rework. Got it on E-bay from a guy whose hobby seemed to be fixing this baby up. It just looks cool and beats the heck out of tenting - I'm too old!
Old 11-21-2008, 03:50 AM   #40

We have a 1986 Ford Econoline 350, Class C Motorhome. It sports a ford 460 engine, 4kw Gen, and is 29 foot. It was manufacture by Yellowstorne. It is well cared for and serves us well as we are living fulltime in it. It has plenty of room for two retire people. Maybe we'll see ya on the road in our travels.
Old 11-21-2008, 04:47 AM   #41

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
1965 Scad-A-Bout
1965 Ken-Craft
1955 Crown
Old 12-11-2008, 03:22 PM   #42

Pond Piggies Club
Ive got a 1986 24' Layton Skyline 5er that I still use for deer hunting. Everything still work. Put a laminant floor in it. A fold down shelf for Microwave. Some storage bins for cloths in bedroom area & good to go! (also wired it for cable tv). Used this 5er for 2 years when I was working out of state for a local Const. Company.

Wingnut57 is offline   Reply With Quote