Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2012, 02:36 PM   #15

It said 77000 miles 32" will sale it for $1000. I just spend $2000 on it. You may live in it.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-17-2012, 03:10 PM   #16

Yes it Is look like that. Thank you so much everyone.

Old 04-17-2012, 07:11 PM   #17

This is the link for my Rv http://tampa.craigslist.org/hil/rvs/2963667826.html. If nobody offer or trade something I probably donate it
Old 04-17-2012, 07:49 PM   #18

Today gasoline (10% ethanol) and yesterdays fuel systems (carburators) are a match made in he11.

The ethanol disolves the rubber hoses and rubber seals. Not to mention fiberglass fuel tanks (just ask the marine industry). When the fuel sits for long periods it turns to water.("yes 10% ethanol = 10% water when left for long periods)

You have to drain "every drop" out of the tank

Then

You have to install a "micro fuel filter" with a water seperator in the line leading to the carburator.

This is your only hope.

Rebuilding the carburator is proabably a must also.

Sorry to hear about your troubles,

Good luck
Old 04-17-2012, 07:58 PM   #19

Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
When you stated it pops back through the carb in a rhythmic way, I suspected it was a major problem. Just did not want to bring negativity to your post. I was hoping maybe just a bad spark plug, so sorry to hear of your troubles.

Hope the RV does not get between you and your marriage, sending prayers for you and your family.

Old 04-17-2012, 08:22 PM   #20

Thank you everyone I got a lot of useful information here! I just wanna let you guys know how did i get the Rv.I traded the Rv with my 2003 ford windstar that I paid for $3000 I thought it was good deal back then my husband worked on it for months but still There were many problem issues on the road we spent $2000 for part and labor on it. Now we have to get rid of it and get a rental truck instead. We was excited when we got the Rv we are young couple (late 20) and this will be our good experience. We probably won't get any Rv for awhile and I probably will not come in this website much anymore. Good luck!!
Old 04-18-2012, 05:38 PM   #21

Vintage RV Owners Club
Was wondering if you had made it to where you needed to go... I think after my experience with an older motor home... you have to be prepared for just about anything to go wrong at any time... LOL. I still haven't decided what I want to do with my 'lil ol lady'...hubby wants to look around, I think we ought to fix her and use her for ahwile and then sell and buy another a little better if we like it. Old is old and unless you are the sole owner and have kept them up yourselves, you just can't really know....
Old 04-18-2012, 06:25 PM   #22

Thumbs down

I have been read this thread and wasn't going to say anything.But one thing got under my skin.Most people post on this site because they need help fixing their RV.I get the feeling the posts on this thread was solely to leverage a argument with her husband to convince him to get rid of the RV.One of life's lessons is to NEVER get between a couple.So the part that got under my skin is this O/P using this site inappropriately to win a argument with her husband.The proof of that is the post stating since they got rid of the R/V she wouldn't be posting on here any-longer.All I am going to say to that is the people here are so nice as to help anyone,it's a damm shame to see them used in this fashion.
Old 04-18-2012, 07:45 PM   #23

I can understand her coming to this site as there is alot of experience here. She was scared and frustrated and not on her own turf. Both are probably not experienced with the level of problems that can go along with a MH that old and of unknown history.
Just hope they made it here to AZ and are roasting with the rest of us. Supposed to be 100' this week!
Old 04-18-2012, 08:03 PM   #24

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
The other bad part is that now the good part of RV'ing will be tainted for them forever. Probably lost in the anger and will be afraid to try again.
Old 04-18-2012, 09:19 PM   #25

Nope.Not me.To use our membership to win a argument with the hubby isn't going to win any points with me.Sour grapes.I have my doubts she ever wanted to RV in the first place.
Old 04-18-2012, 09:36 PM   #26

It sounded like her Husband had some moderate Mechanical skills. Thats fine not everyone is a top notch mechanic, but the important thing is that he was trying. I think they made a bad choice of buying an old RV and expecting to drive it across the US without having to go through the beast from top to bottom. I know I recently acquired a '75 Winnebago. I knew when I got it that I was in for a lot of work and repairs. yes I want to go camping in her but I do have a realistic expectation of working out all the bugs first.
As for the wife using this forum to beat up her husband well thats out of our control and the folks here were only trying to help and thats why this forum works everyone is trying to help everyone here.
Keep up the good work everybody!!!
Old 04-18-2012, 10:00 PM   #27
Senior Dude

Forest River Owners Club
I figure to own an RV, you either gotta be well off, an RV technician or a glutton for punishment.

Apparently, I haven't had enough punishment yet!
Old 04-18-2012, 10:13 PM   #28
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I hope everything works out for them. Too bad that people don't realize how expensive it is to own and operate an RV...even one that is in relatively good condition.

I hope God will bless them and help them on their way.

Closed Thread