Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 03-22-2012, 03:38 PM   #1

I need your bathroom Ideas

My bathroom was totally rotted out when I bought this project, I have the wall s up and am almost finished with the platforms for the vainity and the toilet. I need your ideas on what to cover the steps and risers with to make it look real nice.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	new bath floor 007.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	148.9 KB
ID:	19145   Click image for larger version

Name:	new bath floor 005.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	249.5 KB
ID:	19146  

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-23-2012, 08:50 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilito View Post
My bathroom was totally rotted out when I bought this project, I have the wall s up and am almost finished with the platforms for the vainity and the toilet. I need your ideas on what to cover the steps and risers with to make it look real nice.
Please post pics of your finished bathrooms showing floors, vanities, Step Tubs etc. wether you remodeled them or not, we need ideas.....

Old 03-23-2012, 03:14 PM   #3

I redid our bath we used the 12-12 stick on floor tiles on the floor i got a full tub online and used frp On the shower walls got everything at home depot i glued the walls up with tub adheasive
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image-1441948829.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	250.2 KB
ID:	19177   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2588261229.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	278.5 KB
ID:	19178  

Name:	image-2215661906.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	220.4 KB
ID:	19179   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2073513319.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	175.7 KB
ID:	19180  

Name:	image-617524960.jpg
Size:	115.2 KB
ID:	19181   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3773553043.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	187.1 KB
ID:	19182  

Old 03-23-2012, 04:14 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 85antique View Post
I redid our bath we used the 12-12 stick on floor tiles on the floor i got a full tub online and used frp On the shower walls got everything at home depot i glued the walls up with tub adheasive
Nice job, do you have any pictures of the floor tansition from the hall into the bathroom. What is FRP?
Old 03-23-2012, 04:58 PM   #5

Frp is fiberglass reinforced panel it is used in some commercial bathrooms it is almost indestructible we removed the yuckey carpet and did the whole floor with the tile and we use throw rugs in the living area you can cut the fiberglass with a rotozip tool or tin snips
Old 03-23-2012, 07:59 PM   #6

I have remodeled our whole motorhome and remodeled some select areas in my in-laws motorhome. Both floors were covered with 12"x12" granite tiles that where 3/8" thick. I glued them to the floor using a flexible latex adhesive that will have some give as the motorhome floor flexes. The grout is a sanded latex grout that will flex if there is any movement between the tile without splitting or cracking. As for weight there are so few tiles used to cover the floor that the additional weight is minimal. As for comfort on your feet; we have a heater duct that keeps the tiles warm when it's cold outside and the tiles are naturally cool when it is hot. We have also traveled about 5000 miles since the remodel and have had zero issues with the floor or counter top that we did. Here are a few photos of the floors in each of them.

The photos of the dark granite is from our motorhome and the lighter color is from the in-laws. The photos of the in-laws is before the toilet was reinstalled. The lighter color floor would resemble your particular situation better. For the transition we laid the laminate flooring throughout the whole motorhome first, then we laid the tile so that it was over lapping the laminate. For the small gap between the two floors we used a darker caulk. The photos were taken before the caulking was added, but if you would like to see the finished product I could probably get them to take some more photos.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image-1744278509.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	439.3 KB
ID:	19201   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3045305607.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	451.2 KB
ID:	19202  

Name:	image-681603837.jpg
Size:	476.8 KB
ID:	19203   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-608516998.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	267.8 KB
ID:	19204  

Name:	image-3475426793.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	193.1 KB
ID:	19205  
Old 03-23-2012, 08:41 PM   #7

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Bilito- was that step up from the hall original to your Winnie bathroom?

I guarantee I would trip on that and smash my skull open during some 3 a.m. my-eyes-are-still-closed potty call...

Senior Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 09:48 PM   #8

Which photos are you referring to, the dark floor or the light one?
Old 03-23-2012, 09:59 PM   #9

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
The dark floor really looks nice, I may do my bath same way.
Old 03-23-2012, 10:26 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by toadog
The dark floor really looks nice, I may do my bath same way.
My wife wanted the darker granite really bad and I had doubts, but we are both very happy with the end result. We also did the kitchen counter top and the end cabinets in the bedroom with the same granite. The darker granite is harder to polish than the lighter granite after it's been bull nosed, but looks great.
Old 03-24-2012, 01:41 PM   #11

toadog- what kind of motor home do you have? what does your current bathroom look like?

Bilito- have you made any progress since you took the pictures in the original post?
Old 03-24-2012, 04:58 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senior Chief View Post
Bilito- was that step up from the hall original to your Winnie bathroom?

I guarantee I would trip on that and smash my skull open during some 3 a.m. my-eyes-are-still-closed potty call...
Yea that step up was original, the drain line from the tub ran across the floor to join with the stack from the vanity sink, I did move the step up to the potty back about one inch to get some extra room to stand and dry
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	rotted floor 001.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	342.3 KB
ID:	19236  
Old 03-30-2012, 07:49 AM   #13

Quote:
Yea that step up was original, the drain line from the tub ran across the floor to join with the stack from the vanity sink, I did move the step up to the potty back about one inch to get some extra room to stand and dry
Thanks for all the pics, we decided to use vinyl tiles, self stick, but the folks at the HD said they will not stick very good to bare wood and suggested that I used tile cement to glue them down. I decided without wifely consent to tile the risers one color and the tread area a diff color. The wife actually likes it, she said says they are earth friendly neutral colors. I say they are Tan and brown
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	tile start and pump solonoid 002.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	192.0 KB
ID:	19437  
Old 05-04-2012, 08:36 PM   #14

Quote:
Thanks for all the pics, we decided to use vinyl tiles, self stick, but the folks at the HD said they will not stick very good to bare wood and suggested that I used tile cement to glue them down. I decided without wifely consent to tile the risers one color and the tread area a diff color. The wife actually likes it, she said says they are earth friendly neutral colors. I say they are Tan and brown
Got our new vanity today, It is just mocked up in the pics, gotta make a few adjustments to the rear support frame for plumbing and what not, but I think it is gonna look great, we also have a new Bravura Toilet in parchment on order, gotta make a run to the RV store to get new fixtures for the sink and shower, install the ceiling, vanair electric ceiling bathroom vent, get a new curved shower rod and curtains, window blinds and window curtain, medicine cabinet and decide where to install those shelves in the last picture. We are getting close, we almost have the dinette rebuilt too, another year or so should do it.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	002.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	198.4 KB
ID:	20691   Click image for larger version

Name:	005.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	188.1 KB
ID:	20692  

Name:	007.jpg