Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 06-07-2012, 02:29 PM   #29

We head up to the motorhome on saturday (to hopefully buy it if everything goes right). I will be sure to pay close attention to which direction the floor is laid.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-08-2012, 01:25 AM   #30

Send a message via Skype™ to LandKinaMoho
Smile

Hi LandKinaMppoho,

My apologies for not getting back sooner with the specific model number of the propane heater in my RV. Here ya go:

"Medallion" Propane Heater
Model # MBP10TLA

Take care! :-)[/QUOTE]..........

Thanks........

LandKinaMoho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 05:51 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat_nda_sand View Post
We head up to the motorhome on saturday (to hopefully buy it if everything goes right). I will be sure to pay close attention to which direction the floor is laid.
The Painting and floor repairs are done and we started the flooring. This allure is so easy to install providing your back and knees are up to bending over and squatting down a lot. We plan to finish the second half tomorrow.

The only mistakes we made were cutting the wrong end of one plank and making a hole for a thru floor bolt about 1/4 inch off, luckily that hole is behind the couch and unseen.

We chose the teak floor and installed it from side to side, I was afraid it would be too dark but my wife was right it is a good color choice
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Installing new flooring 002.JPG
Views:	106
Size:	296.2 KB
ID:	22056   Click image for larger version

Name:	Installing new flooring 003.JPG
Views:	96
Size:	271.9 KB
ID:	22057  

Name:	Installing new flooring 013.JPG
Views:	110
Size:	287.5 KB
ID:	22058  
Old 06-08-2012, 07:47 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilito

The Painting and floor repairs are done and we started the flooring. This allure is so easy to install providing your back and knees are up to bending over and squatting down a lot. We plan to finish the second half tomorrow.

The only mistakes we made were cutting the wrong end of one plank and making a hole for a thru floor bolt about 1/4 inch off, luckily that hole is behind the couch and unseen.

We chose the teak floor and installed it from side to side, I was afraid it would be too dark but my wife was right it is a good color choice

That looks great! You and your wife did a nice job. You should have no problem whipping through the second day. :-)
Old 06-08-2012, 08:15 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by BichonLover View Post
That looks great! You and your wife did a nice job. You should have no problem whipping through the second day. :-)
Thank you, It looks better then we expected, we are up to the dinette and then the hallway and every piece fron there on must be cut and fitted. When we start on the actual hallway part we were wondering about the staggering of joints.

Should we make every other row the same (one row a full sheet the next joned in the middle, then a full sheet and so on) or just randomly stagger them as we go??????????? the hall is seven feet long.

Or make every row a single sheet with no joints
Old 06-08-2012, 10:12 PM   #34

Quote:
Thank you, It looks better then we expected, we are up to the dinette and then the hallway and every piece fron there on must be cut and fitted. When we start on the actual hallway part we were wondering about the staggering of joints.

Should we make every other row the same (one row a full sheet the next joned in the middle, then a full sheet and so on) or just randomly stagger them as we go??????????? the hall is seven feet long.

Or make every row a single sheet with no joints

I'd suggest continuing with your staggered pattern. IMO it'll look "funny" if the pattern changes (or disappears). I know it's more work with measuring and cutting, but this way the look will remain consistent throughout your coach. :-)
Old 06-08-2012, 10:27 PM   #35

Home depot sells a floating vinyl. Plank called allure , really nice and it is thick to float

I installed it in our bathrooms at home , like the. Feel of it

It does not glue down , has side and end strips
Old 06-09-2012, 07:28 PM   #36

Quote:
I'd suggest continuing with your staggered pattern. IMO it'll look "funny" if the pattern changes (or disappears). I know it's more work with measuring and cutting, but this way the look will remain consistent throughout your coach. :-)
We took your advice and continued with the staggered pattern, It was easier to cut the little notches here and there around corners and door ways.
This Allure flooring is super easy to install and cut the ends with a razor knife score and a decent pair of scissors for the notches.

Here is a few pics of the job and the final product, it changed the whole appearance of our RV. We chose the Teak Pattern oif Allure
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Finished floor 001.JPG
Views:	110
Size:	286.4 KB
ID:	22090   Click image for larger version

Name:	Finished floor 002.JPG
Views:	94
Size:	278.6 KB
ID:	22091  

Name:	Finished floor 019.JPG
Views:	100
Size:	282.2 KB
ID:	22092   Click image for larger version

Name:	Finished floor 020.JPG
Views:	96
Size:	291.2 KB
ID:	22093  

Old 06-09-2012, 08:26 PM   #37

That looks absolutely wonderful! You did good work there. :-)

Your pics should help others decide which way to install a new floor. Thanks for taking time to snap the pics and sharing them here.
Old 06-09-2012, 09:16 PM   #38

Quote:
That looks absolutely wonderful! You did good work there. :-)

Your pics should help others decide which way to install a new floor. Thanks for taking time to snap the pics and sharing them here.
It was so easy to make almost perfect cuts every time going sideways that we do not need to put down quarter round trim.
My wife wants it anyway, she said it will make it look finished, Now I gotta get the tim, stain it, cut it, install it etc etc etc, she thinks up new jobs for me faster then I can breath, guess she hates the idea of me out fishing.
Old 06-09-2012, 11:30 PM   #39

Quote:

It was so easy to make almost perfect cuts every time going sideways that we do not need to put down quarter round trim.
My wife wants it anyway, she said it will make it look finished, Now I gotta get the tim, stain it, cut it, install it etc etc etc, she thinks up new jobs for me faster then I can breath, guess she hates the idea of me out fishing.

What if you paint the trim instead of staining it? That would save some time, and would be easier to touch-up (and keep clean) over the months/years. A muted eggshell or satin finish for the paint would likely match the small shine on the floor quite nicely. The floor's wood pattern has different shades and "colors," but If you took a piece of the floor to the paint place they could probably still create a good match for the trim.

Well, whatever you decide, it'll look good. Choosing quality materials, and making the effort to install them properly, almost always equals excellent results.

Keep us posted on your progress with the quarter-round! :-)
Old 06-09-2012, 11:48 PM   #40

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Location: MotherLoad foothills approx.60 m.s east of Sacramento
You can buy simulated woodgrain quarter round at Lowes. No muss no fuss....
Full time since Nov 2012 RVM#41 Gary and Marian Hill 2001 Monaco Dynasty Jack 38' 370 hp ....If it ain't broke I can still fix it.
Like putting shoes on an octopuss, so are the days of our lives....
adamfolger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 11:51 PM   #41

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I went side to side on my non slide coach. I removed the dinette, couch, old carpet and chair to make it easy.
When I passed by the entry stairs... I used a jig saw and drill to trim the area in.
Old 06-10-2012, 03:44 AM   #42

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilito View Post
We took your advice and continued with the staggered pattern, It was easier to cut the little notches here and there around corners and door ways.
This Allure flooring is super easy to install and cut the ends with a razor knife score and a decent pair of scissors for the notches.

Here is a few pics of the job and the final product, it changed the whole appearance of our RV. We chose the Teak Pattern oif Allure

I think how really nice it is to see your number of threads and you getting the work done.I look forward to reading them and looking at the pictures.Well done.