Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 03-04-2016, 12:57 AM   #15

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
I have Progressive, 537 a year, for full coverage, on my 96 Monaco Windsor. Would be 450 a year, but that speeding ticket in Wy. back in 2013 is still haunting me! I have the stated value insurance, so no surprises if it gets totaled! Comes with roadside asst., towing, content's 5000.00, trip insurance, trailer/car, disappearing deductible! Had it on the last MH as well! Rail!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-05-2016, 01:01 PM   #16

This is a great thread. I have progressive, but rates are much higher. I need to go shopping.

KSagal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 01:11 PM   #17

Damon Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by KSagal View Post
This is a great thread. I have progressive, but rates are much higher. I need to go shopping.
Let us not forget that the rate depends a lot on the state you are living in. I am in the country 10 miles from a small town.
Old 03-05-2016, 01:19 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifemember View Post
Let us not forget that the rate depends a lot on the state you are living in. I am in the country 10 miles from a small town.
That is of course, a great point. I live in the Boston Suburbs, and while there are 15 million people within 50 miles of my home, it seems that only about 14 know how to drive properly.
KSagal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 02:40 PM   #19

Damon Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by KSagal View Post
That is of course, a great point. I live in the Boston Suburbs, and while there are 15 million people within 50 miles of my home, it seems that only about 14 know how to drive properly.
I lived in Pepperell MA and worked in Lowell MA for several years before leaving the area to live in NC. Driving into and out of Boston was a hoot. Then the roundabouts enter at 60 MPH and hope your in the right lane to leave it.
Old 03-05-2016, 03:14 PM   #20

Nationwide here... house/auto/rv all bundled together. The RV portion of that for full coverage is $230 per year with a $250 deductible. Not sure what they value our 22 year old RV at if we totaled it now, but 4 years ago when we bought it, they declared the replacement value to be $17,500. At the time, we didn't have near that much into it... but we certainly do now...

-cheers
Old 03-05-2016, 05:42 PM   #21

Be very cautious, I had an "Actual Value" policy on my GMC. It was damaged in a very bad collision that was not my fault. This is Michigan with the "My Fault" insurance. The company tried to settle as a write-off at book value for an unrestored and pretty shot coach. I did somewhat better than that after my good friend lawyer beat them up, but it still was no nearly enough for another GMC that I could take on the road 12k+ a year.

So, I have to start over with what I can: A - Find that is worth working on and B - Can actually afford. (I won't discuss that.)

I should have gotten a real appraisal and an "Agreed Value" policy.
I will when the Cayo is done.

Frank

Tags
motorhome, vintage