Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 05-31-2014, 08:08 PM   #1
Fleetwood Owners Club
Interior roof replacement

I tried everything I knew how to keep the place on the top of my 88 fleetwood bounder from leaking but was not successful in doing so. The cap where the fiberglass meets the metal roof, so now its time to rip out the inside of the roof from the front to almost where the 1st a/c is. I have since pressured washed all the old puddy, tape, spray crap I could and now that part is finally sealed. Now comes the task of demoltion of my ceiling and repair. Anybody try doing this themselves? I got a hold of fleetwood and they emailed me the pics of the inside scamatics but its of the skelton or framing. I don't believe it to be to traumatic but non the less a job. I will take pics of it tomorrow and paiste on here. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance..

1988 Fleetwood 34ft
Way to many toys to list
1 Angry Fawn male chihuahua
vman60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-01-2014, 09:32 AM   #2
Fleetwood Owners Club
Here are the pics of the cielling now.http://http://http://http://

1988 Fleetwood 34ft
Way to many toys to list
1 Angry Fawn male chihuahua
vman60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 08:58 PM   #3
Please do come back and update us on this. I too am dealing with some water damage issues. I used 3M interior upholstery spray adhesive. I am concerned about the toxicity of that product, though. Let us know how you repair this. Thanks for sharing.
MaJiKTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 02:29 PM   #4
When you go to put the new paneling up, build some prop rods from wood with little 'pads' on the ends that you can brace between the floor and ceiling to hold it all up while you staple it with the air gun.

That gives you stability to place the panel where you want it and not have it flopping around while you try to fasten it.

And you know space is tight so you won't be able to get extra people in there to help you hold it up.
Bill Lynch
wblynch is offline   Reply With Quote

replace, replacement, roof