Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-26-2016, 09:35 PM   #1

Introducing Stubby (& me, I suppose)

Thought I'd introduce myself & Stubby here in the Vintage area since the old gal is getting on in years, but still has plenty left in her! The motorhome is cool, too

Stubby is a 22' 1991 Fleetwood Flair class A, Ford E33 chassis & 460 power plant that we picked up a couple weeks ago for a song. I'm a smallish 40-something childfree by choice athlete, car freak, and racer (& HS teacher by day) & my husband is a mechanic (luckily). Our 80 lb 14 year old pit bull rounds out the immediate family.

We wanted a cheap rig for race weekends & regional getaways & this is our 1st RV. My brother has a late-2000s Isata 26' class C that we borrowed for a while & we liked it but felt it had very poor natural ventilation & we didn't like the layout (or the price he paid for it). We adore Stubby's airy interior, with lots of windows that open wide, and the permanent bed in the back "bedroom" & dinette up front layout is great for us.

Much of it is original, 106k miles on it. Almost everything works, & the fridge is only a few years old. Furnace blower is busted (we may go with blue flame heater, anyway), dash a/c doesn't work, headlights are super dim, rear clearance lights stopped working, steering/front suspension is pretty bad, numerous areas on the roof leaked in the last big rainstorm, & the list of remodeling & upgrading is loooong. But that's part of the fun! And really, for the price we paid, we're very pleased.

Last weekend was the maiden voyage, a race weekend w/great weather. Stubby was great! Looking forward to this forum for info & camaraderie!

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot.png
Views:	156
Size:	477.0 KB
ID:	142762  
srogers is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-26-2016, 09:53 PM   #2

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Welcome to IRV2,

MH looks real nice.

I'm sure your husband will get Stubby in top shape. Lots of knowledgeable folks here if you have any questions.

Rich
__03 15' Klamath SS w/30hp
r___r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 10:01 PM   #3
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner

It looks cute and ready to go, enjoy it.
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 10:07 PM   #4
New to the RV World

Vintage RV Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Welcome, nice project, what do you race?

Do you pull a trailer?

Glenn

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
GlennLever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 07:38 AM   #5

Glenn, I race an '88 E30 in 24 Hours of LeMons. It's currently the only racing I can afford! The car looks terrible but is quick by LeMons standards.

My brother has the $$ (works for big tech company), time, & talent & he races a LS-swapped FD RX-7.

Haven't pulled a trailer yet with the MH. Want to get the front end sorted, first. I don't often have to trailer b/c others on the team have trucks, but I suspect Stubby will pull a 20' box trailer no problem.

I keep trying to add a a photo like I did before bit it won't appear...weird.

srogers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 10:36 AM   #6
New to the RV World

Vintage RV Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by srogers View Post
Glenn, I race an '88 E30 in 24 Hours of LeMons. It's currently the only racing I can afford! The car looks terrible but is quick by LeMons standards.

My brother has the $$ (works for big tech company), time, & talent & he races a LS-swapped FD RX-7.

Haven't pulled a trailer yet with the MH. Want to get the front end sorted, first. I don't often have to trailer b/c others on the team have trucks, but I suspect Stubby will pull a 20' box trailer no problem.

I keep trying to add a a photo like I did before bit it won't appear...weird.

I'm a straight line racer, I do not think I have the reflexes for a road course any more.

I created this post How to post pictures it may help, if not let me know.

Glenn

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
GlennLever is offline   Reply With Quote