Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-06-2016, 09:00 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSagal View Post

Since I am being told a skylight in a motorhome shower will increase the head room, I must presume it is some sort of hole in the roof, thru which tall people stick their heads.
A skylight is not the same as your roof vent. Click on the 39 second video in this link.
RV Skylight Domes | Replacement Lexan Domes | ICON Technologies Limited
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-06-2016, 09:02 PM   #30

Damon Owners Club
It is nearly 30 years old, find something newer if you
have the means.
Mac99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 09:58 PM   #31

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by KSagal

Since I am being told a skylight in a motorhome shower will increase the head room, I must presume it is some sort of hole in the roof, thru which tall people stick their heads.

A skylight is not the same as your roof vent. Click on the 39 second video in this link.

Karl, you gave me a very good laugh! The thought of the guys head sticking out the roof, while his wife is driving the MH down the road, wondering why everyone is waving at her!! LMBO! Watch the video!
Rail!
Old 02-07-2016, 07:43 AM   #32

National RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by demon1018 View Post
i paid $5000 for my 1995 winnebago brave and its in much better shape than that.You can find them ,just keep looking. i seen a bunch when i was looking. Some times repairing things half ass is worse than just leaving them. until you've replaced everything on that rv, things can and will go wrong. even with 10000 miles the hose and anything else rubber will have disintegrated some and there is alot of that stuff on these. I love fixing things on mine but im also capable if i get stuck some where .
X2
Another thing to conceder is the old Eyebrow Winnies are well built and tough. Still a lot of them around for reasonable prices. Plus they are in my mind anyway a Classic Design. The 95 wasn't an eyebrow but still in the same tradition of good solid basic "A" class RV's.

Dick
Old 02-07-2016, 11:24 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mich F View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by guardrail53 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KSagal

Karl, you gave me a very good laugh! The thought of the guys head sticking out the roof, while his wife is driving the MH down the road, wondering why everyone is waving at her!! LMBO! Watch the video!
Rail!
I am glad you guys took my post in the good nature it was offered. I have learned something new, thank you. My MH is 28 years old (1988) and does not have a skylight. Now that I have knowledge of them, I like the idea. I wonder how hard it would be to add that to my shower?

I do not want to take this thread off topic.

I already offered my view on the value of this MH as a first buy, and feel it is too personal to make a final decision on what we know here, but it does need at least 2 things before the OP should give any of her money to the seller, that being a good inspection from a knowledgeable person who is not trying to sell her anything, and some more comparison shopping.

I wish the OP good luck.
KSagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 10:29 PM   #34

just bought 1991 holiday rambler 1000(31ft) for 7995.00.the cabin was truly like new with a new fridge and new awning.the dealer claimed to have "checked it out" before we took delivery,but you can't believe everything. after a few repairs(some major, some minor) by a local ,well known semi/rv shop, we will be able to take our maiden voyage with no worries.i asked them to check the whole chassis. repairs were 4700.00. that puts us in our original range, we were looking .
dozerboy01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 03:42 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theberrys View Post
X2
Another thing to conceder is the old Eyebrow Winnies are well built and tough. Still a lot of them around for reasonable prices. Plus they are in my mind anyway a Classic Design. The 95 wasn't an eyebrow but still in the same tradition of good solid basic "A" class RV's.

Dick
At the risk of sounding like a total goober, can you tell me what eyebrow means? Assuming Winnie is winabego.

Oh, ps, I don't mind being hijacked! Especially for a good chuckle!
ErinWasHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 07:49 PM   #36

I spent the last year looking at RVs in this price range and this one looks about average for what they're asking. I ended up buying a 1986 Winnebago 27RT Class A and have been restoring/renovating/redecorating it and will have about as much invested in it when I'm done. To me this one is an okay deal, not a great once in a blue moon deal, but not a bad deal if it checks out mechanically and things seem to work as they should.

If you don't get it, there are quite a few others in the same price range. Craigslist may find some locally to you.
alvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 11:36 PM   #37

National RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErinWasHere View Post
At the risk of sounding like a total goober, can you tell me what eyebrow means? Assuming Winnie is winabego.

Oh, ps, I don't mind being hijacked! Especially for a good chuckle!
This is an Eyebrow Winnie "Brave" it was the distinctive shape above the windshields that spawned the moniker. Not many on lots these days but several for sale by owner. Winnebago has even started making the shape again in 2015 I believe. Brave Overview | Winnebago RVs

Dick
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Eyebrow Winnie.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	57.4 KB
ID:	118633  
Old 02-08-2016, 11:42 PM   #38

National RV Owners Club
And this.

They may not be a good choice for a first coach, but they are a true classic.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Eyebrow Winnie 1.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	41.9 KB
ID:	118634  
Old 02-09-2016, 05:46 AM   #39

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Hello,
OP posted that its too old, but mine is a 82 just drove her 2,000 miles with no problems. Had her for going on 6 years, new battery's, new rubber, a tune up, new fuel filters, a few wax jobs. Besides the 1st trip haven't had to pull over yet. There are good "old" MH out there.
Currently in Quartzside AZ, That's me waxing her.
Keep looking you'll find one.
Tim
ps I paid $4500.00, 44,000 miles and just under 300 hours on the genie.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20160108_125000.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	219.9 KB
ID:	118641   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160108_125137.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	223.3 KB
ID:	118642  

spritz is offline   Reply With Quote