Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 06-22-2013, 05:58 PM   #15
Replace all rubber hoses in that area (engine supply, engine vapor return, generator supply). Will save you lots of hassle in the future.

Dave in Virginia
1978 Winnebago Chieftain
Dodge M400 - 440-3
Classic Winnebago Site: http://www.classicwinnebagos.com/forum/index.php
Dave78Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-23-2013, 05:15 PM   #16
I got the new pump assembled and installed in the tank, connected the hoses and electrical harness, raised the tank and attached the straps with a few turns of the bolts just to hold it in place. Iíve done these sorts of things enough times to know not to install something all the way until you make sure it works. Anyway, I put in 8 gallons of gas, connected a pressure gauge to the hose that goes to the mechanical pump and then powered it up. Held at a steady 4 psi. Guess thatís normal, Iíll have to check the manual. Went to check for leaks at the tank and fuel was coming out of the pressure regulator, the thing in my first picture. Guess Iíll have to drop the tank back down. No way to get to it otherwise.

atikovi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 01:02 PM   #17
Finished today. Put in a new electric pump:

new strainer:

new fuel inlet hose:

new mechanical fuel pump:

new in-line filter:

new carb filter:

and rebuilt the pressure regulator for which I didn't have to drop the tank again:
Old 06-28-2013, 02:11 AM   #18
Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Looks good!! I take it that your MH is now running. Am I right?
1968-1980 USN Seabees CE1
1980-2007 Chief Engineer/Electrician offshore drilling
geno39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 05:58 AM   #19
It starts right up. Will take it for a drive soon.
Old 09-23-2013, 03:48 PM   #20
Damon Owners Club
fuel pump problems

I had the same exact problem with my P30 chassis 454. Dropped the tank and found that hose connecting the pump to the engine supply line has turned to mush...I suspect that the ethanol that is put in our fuel is to blame as well as father time. The replacement hose supplied with my new pump is neoprene and should resist ethanol fuel. Glad you found the problem which I was going though about the same time.

kayaknkamp is offline   Reply With Quote

fuel, southwind