Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 01-07-2012, 03:29 PM   #85

Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Washing and polishing exterior. And with the heat I won't complain!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-08-2012, 10:53 AM   #86

Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
I spent a few hours and more then a few dollars today getting tools and other things together for my Pace Arrow to head on down the road when we're all finished. But I ran into a problem, Small compartments and not alot of storage. For those times when the weather makes going outside a pita it would make sense to me to have a way to mount/carry for easy access to tools most often needed. #2 phillips screwdriver, flat head screw driver, cresent wrench etc. DW has most all cabinets taken. small pouch behind drivers seat is to small. Since weight is something we all think about when loading up I'm sure someone out there has figured out a easy way to load a few tools inside within easy reach. I'm looking for something light but yet not taking up DW's space and won't require me to have to go outside during inclimate weather. Ideas?

Old 01-08-2012, 11:29 AM   #87

Gulf Streamers Club
Maybe one of the small plastic tool boxes from Sears or such. Large enough to hold a few tools and can be moved around when needed. Can you put under driver's seat?

ronspradley
Life's too short to drink cheap beer.
ronspradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 11:34 AM   #88

I just keep those handy tool items in a small plastic container and put it in the compartment under a bench seat of the dinette. Other tools I have in an outside storage in a regular tool box.
John H... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 01:59 PM   #89

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Mine goes in the stairs compartment...
Old 03-01-2012, 08:01 PM   #90

Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
I haven't updated in awhile so here goes. DW and I moved into this large box on Dec 3rd 2011. I still have the occasional leak in the roof. Paychecks have been far and few between so eating has taken up most of those. However things are looking up! DW has done things to the inside over the period of time we've lived in "IT" but nothing worth taking photos of. She's changed out cabinet door hinges and latches, Small things like that. She's very handy when I'm at work and "The hell out of her way" Seriously she can't stand me being at home more then a couple days at a time. Since the last job ended for me on Sunday I've not done much due to just not caring but DW had other plans today. So it was time to get back to work. Sometime ago I asked about changing out the steering wheel. The one in the 79 Pace Arrow was cracked and sticky and couldn't be cleaned good enough. However the one in the 84 Winnebago was in perfect shape and just needed rinsing off. It also is slightly larger and more modern looking. Yippee no more sticky steering wheel. Clearance lights on the Pace Arrow were cracked, Leaky and worked on occasion. Winnebago clearance lights were just like new! Got them all removed today and cleaned up. Tomorrow they go on the Pace Arrow. So far so good! No out of pocket cost! Picked up so,me perfectly matching carpet to finish out the step well for free! On a roll here now! Replaced two screens! Screen again was Free!! Now we can open all windows to allow nice ventilation and West Texas dust in! DW isn't really thrilled about the dust part for some reason. Cleaned dirt dauber nests from Heater, Hot water heater, Back of refer and I don't know how I missed those! Blew out coils on Refer and previously mentioned appliances! Repaired ripped siding from PO. Other then DW and my labor no out of pocket costs! DW is already working on her list for tomorrow. Actually two of them. One for groceries and one for me. Oh also figured problem with loose wiper assy. Rotten wood spacer behind wiper shafts under front shell. Pace used press wood! Making mine out of treated plywood tomorrow. Gonna seal them well before installation. Still no out of pocket costs. Now I'f I could come up with tires, lube, tune up kit, fuel line, etc etc for no out of pocket costs?
Old 03-02-2012, 08:03 PM   #91

Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Well it has been one of those days, Changed out all front clearance lights, Nice and sealed. Lens washed out and everything working great. Ok sounds good right? Left front clearance light changed out. Works great. Head over to right front side clearance light. Remove screws. Clip wires get replacement ready and whoa!!!! Hmm all previous wires are black and white. On this huge box black is positive and white negative. Ok no problem right? Except the right side! Hmmm I clipped them and did not pay attention to which went where. Ok no problem just replace the fuse and reverse the wires right? Nope blown fuse again. BTW these old glass type 15 amp fuses are not readily available everywhere anymore. Ok remove wires and tape for protection. Replace fuse again. Pull light switch for clearance lights. *$^$!(#^#* and &@($)@) Another blown fuse. So I backtrack my steps. Last light removed and I pulled on the wires a bit. Coming through aluminum siding maybe I skinned the insulation. Get under the MH and pull wires back out and check them. Nope everything looks good. Ok getting dark and supper is ready. Tomorrow is another day right
Old 03-02-2012, 08:20 PM   #92

Vintage RV Owners Club
I remember those days! Mine had a piece of bad wire that made mine go nutzy!! Had a very hard time getting to it outside but i lucked out. Above the windshield there was a padded panel that when i pulled it off, There was all my wiring for the clearance lights! Don't know if you may have the same or not. Sure helped me to fix my wiring.
Wallaby Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 09:14 PM   #93
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
They do sell circuit breakers with round studs to plug into the old style glass holder type. Makes it easier when working with this type problem.
See My RV Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 10:16 PM   #94

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
You know it doesnt matter which way those lights are wired, correct? 12vdc bulbs dont care. You must have either a direct short, or too many watts.
Old 03-02-2012, 11:48 PM   #95

Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Problem Solved!

Decided after supper when it as nice and dark outside to retrace my steps once again. Right side clearance light. Not up top but about waist level was where I'd left off. Messed with wires and whoa! Spark and another blown fuse. As I'd said before wires were black and white. Except these two were both black. Figured I'd crossed them. And usually it wouldn't make a difference but Fleetwood used the aluminum siding as a ground! Harness heading to the rear pulled forward when I tugged gently (Gently mind you) on the wires. Well a very well placed screw from the forward (main in this case) fuel door happened to be right in the way, problem solved! Clearance lights now working and very very bright!
Old 03-02-2012, 11:59 PM   #96
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
See My RV Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 12:14 PM   #97

Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Wiper Assembly.

I don't know what those guys smoked when they built this thing but I just rebuilt what was there using plywood instead of the chip board. These are spacers that go between the wiper shafts and front fiberglass cap.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo0657.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	480.6 KB
ID:	18832   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo0658.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	241.1 KB
ID:	18833  

Name:	photo0659.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	290.4 KB
ID:	18834  
Old 03-14-2012, 08:02 PM   #98

Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Wiper Assembly. Back Together!

There is a flange on the wiper shaft assy that was never screwed down to the angle iron support. It allowed the shaft assy to twist and lean without the support blocks. I drilled the angle iron and used stainless screws, lock washers and nuts to make it good and rigid. Here are a few more photos.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	photo0660.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	505.1 KB
ID:	18852   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo0661.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	451.2 KB
ID:	18853  

Name:	photo0662.jpg