Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-18-2017, 12:10 AM   #1

Jack light will not turn off or the beeper

Recently I was flapping about my jack lights not going off and my LOUD beeper continually beeping. For the time being I unplugged the light and beeper from the jack controls. Then after reading some great advice I checked the fluid level in the ATF tank system on my old Fleet-wood Southwind 32V. Let me first say that the engineers who designed the the reservoir tank location were smoking something funny. The reservoir is located at the top next to the right front jack. The fill cap is located at the top of the tank on a slight angle that allows one to remove the cap but trying to get some ATF took some thinking on my part. I purchased one of the little pumps that pumps from a one quart bottle of oil or atf. Attached a clear piece of tubing to the pump nozzle zip tied it and promptly added over one quart of ATF to the fill mark. I extended my jacks then retracted them and waited for what seemed like a minute and the light went off and no beeper. YAHOO

I then exercised the jack two more times and everything is working great.
Magnafique is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-18-2017, 07:29 AM   #2
New to the RV World

Vintage RV Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Did you know you are supposed to change the fluid?

You might want to read through this thread Manual Leveling Jack Procedure / How to raise? After the second page it turned into a very knowledgeable threat on everything you would want to know about the Power Gear Leveling system.

Merry Christmas.

Glenn Lever

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
GlennLever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 12:09 PM   #3

I did. All of the fluid leaked out of the right from jack leg that had a major leak to the point there wasn't enough fluid left to extend any of the other legs. I removed it and had a new ram made for it and placed new seals on it. So when it was filled, it was not filled to full. So now the system is made whole. :-) Thanks
Old 12-19-2017, 03:32 PM   #4

Sometimes we see the same problem (light on and buzzer if I turn "on" the key). In my case it is caused by a lazy jack that won't lift up (store) all the way and needs a little help with a shovel.
Yesterday I tried something different. I figured I'd experience lazy jack syndrome since the coach has been on the jacks for a while so this time I raised the front jacks 5 or 6" and then lowered them and repeated this a few times, then did the same to the rear. Then I pressed store and all the jacks came up but the travel light did not come on. I took the shovel around and tried to lift the jacks and all were up, turned the key on and no buzzer, so I guess all is good. For anyone experiencing lazy jack, try this.
'08 Jeep GC Overland.
RKins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 03:57 PM   #5

Good for you, nice to win one once in awhile. Thanks for sharing with all of us.

Merry Christmas
Old 01-01-2018, 08:31 PM   #6

Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
You too maybe low on fluid, but by retracting 1-2 first, you return some fluid to the reservoir; check fluid level in reservoir?
THenne1713 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light