RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 02-17-2019, 07:12 PM   #1

Just bought a 1998 Pace Arrow Vision 37

My wife and I just bought this coach from the original owner. It is immaculate. Does anyone out there have experience with Pace Arrow around this year. Any reviews or information would be awesome. Thank you

hionjazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-17-2019, 07:27 PM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
I have the same unit w/460 Ford V-8. Did you receive all of the instruction books with the unit. I have had mine for 3 years. I replaced batteries, tires, water heater tank, inverter/converter, microwave, mirror, slide cover, shower skylight, furnace motor, roof a/c motor, headlights. This is normal with a 20 year old unit. Let me know if I can help. Eddie Elk.

1998 Pace Arrow Vision 36' w/460, '03 Honda CRV, FMCA #388823, Gateway Getaways RV Club
eddieelk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 04:53 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
congrats!
Radacravitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 06:36 PM   #4

Thanks for replying. I see you remodeled your coach. Is that correct? The inside of ours is beautiful the outside needs a little TLC. Have you taken your coach on any long trips? We can’t wait to get on the road. We have a 30 ft Storm. Great coach never left us hanging. Are the Pace Arrows the same. Mine is the Chevy Your is the Ford. Do you like the ride and comfort. I’m wondering if 37ft is two long.
Old 02-18-2019, 07:10 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radacravitz View Post
congrats!
Thank you
Old 02-18-2019, 08:34 PM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
Another 1998 PA Vision owner here. Mine has the V10 Ford. Fleetwood has all the old wiring, plumbing & etc. diagrams available, ask them for a set (downloaded PDF's). Like Eddie said, PM either or both of us with any questions about the unit, we'll help if we can. There's also a Pace Arrow Owners thread on here somewhere (Fleetwood Owners area maybe). Check in there and say 'Hi'. These were the top-of-the-line units for that year but, again, they are 20 years old now (eligible for the Vintage Units thread) and stuff wears out. If you haven't found it yet, there should be a spec sheet (mine was inside the bedroom closet) with color & décor information, load ratings, capacities, etc. Enjoy.
Dave RVM#66 and Carol
1998 Pace Arrow Vision
Seeing the USA - 200 miles at a time
daveandcarol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 07:39 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveandcarol View Post
Another 1998 PA Vision owner here. Mine has the V10 Ford. Fleetwood has all the old wiring, plumbing & etc. diagrams available, ask them for a set (downloaded PDF's). Like Eddie said, PM either or both of us with any questions about the unit, we'll help if we can. There's also a Pace Arrow Owners thread on here somewhere (Fleetwood Owners area maybe). Check in there and say 'Hi'. These were the top-of-the-line units for that year but, again, they are 20 years old now (eligible for the Vintage Units thread) and stuff wears out. If you haven't found it yet, there should be a spec sheet (mine was inside the bedroom closet) with color & décor information, load ratings, capacities, etc. Enjoy.
Thank you for the information. Have you taken it out on any long runs and or mountain grades? We have a Southwind 30ft Chevy 454 P30 and a Jeep Wrangler as a toad. Took it to Yellowstone Mt. Rushmore Zion Bryce and it did GREAT. How do you think this 7ft longer coach will do with the same set up?
Old 02-19-2019, 11:31 PM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
Came over the Rockies to Oregon in August 2017. Pulling 5000# of trailer and auto. Did not like the long grades, down to 2nd gear half the time, down to 1st and crawling once or twice (never overheated though). No real problems in lower hills but it does downshift more than I'd like. Saving up for a Banks or 5 Star tune to see if that helps.
Dave RVM#66 and Carol
1998 Pace Arrow Vision
Old 02-21-2019, 07:21 AM   #9

Quote:
Came over the Rockies to Oregon in August 2017. Pulling 5000# of trailer and auto. Did not like the long grades, down to 2nd gear half the time, down to 1st and crawling once or twice (never overheated though). No real problems in lower hills but it does downshift more than I'd like. Saving up for a Banks or 5 Star tune to see if that helps.
Thank you for your response. That's a lot of trailer and auto. GREAT NEWS on no overheating. Slow up the steeps is ok. We are looking forward to taking an extended road trip. Have a great day
Old 02-21-2019, 11:09 PM   #10

Fleetwood Owners Club
Closest we came to overheating - the plastic coolant reservoir cracked (from age?) and I had to leave the cap loose (no pressure). I could watch the temp gauge creep up a little ways then hear the electric fan come on and watch it go back down again.
Dave RVM#66 and Carol
1998 Pace Arrow Vision
Old 02-23-2019, 04:20 AM   #11

Quote:
Closest we came to overheating - the plastic coolant reservoir cracked (from age?) and I had to leave the cap loose (no pressure). I could watch the temp gauge creep up a little ways then hear the electric fan come on and watch it go back down again.
Great news. I always worry about motor temperature. How does the coach ride. I’ve read that the tag axle makes a huge difference with comfort and stability. We feel very blessed to have this coach. The inside reminds us of a Marriott Hotel. Everything feels like top shelf.
Old 02-23-2019, 10:52 PM   #12

Fleetwood Owners Club
Assume you have Ford engine & F53 chassis. It rides like...well, a truck, really. Several things can be done to improve but it will never ride like an air-suspension diesel coach.

Drive it some and see what you think as far as side sway from passing trucks or cross winds. You probably have front and rear sway bars. The rubber bushings on the rear bar are frequently deteriorated (or sometimes the clamps holding them are loose or gone). Urethane replacements are available. The front sway bar bushings are usually already urethane by this model year and should be intact. Check the F53 chassis threads for more information about suspension and ride improvements. Depending on the mileage, the original Ford shocks (if still on there) may be worn out. People swear by their favorite shock manufacturer - it's as bad as the Ford vs. Chevy folks sometimes. Tire pressure seems to make a lot of difference in ride & handling on these coaches too.
Dave RVM#66 and Carol
1998 Pace Arrow Vision
Old 03-11-2019, 02:26 PM   #13

Driver Side Wing Mirror

Good Afternoon,
This is hionjazz with the 98 Pace Arrow Vision 37. My driver side wing mirror rotates around. The glass is not broken the mirror itself moves. Do you know of a replacement part that holds the mirror in place. The Arm and everything else is fine. Just the mirror moves around. If I have to I can duct tape it I think. Do you have any ideas? Thank you
Old 03-13-2019, 01:50 AM   #14

Fleetwood Owners Club
The mirror moves inside the housing or the whole housing moves? The housing has some Allen bolts below it. If those are loose, the housing can rotate for more adjustment. If the mirror is moving inside the housing, check to see if the remote control on the armrest can move it. If not, it must be disconnected inside somehow. This just happen or was it like this when you bought it?

Dave RVM#66 and Carol
1998 Pace Arrow Vision

Tags
ace, pace arrow