Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-08-2015, 07:16 PM   #1

King's Highway HELP Please!

Just got home during a storm and looks like our power reset. But now our built in lights won't come on and our Norcold refrigerator won't come on. We pushed the reset button on the power plug in the bathroom and that works. I know there's a reset procedure that we might have to go through (been there, done that) for the Norcold but thinking there might be another reset somewhere in the motorhome we don't know about that would be causing the refrig and lights to not be coming on?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
davara64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-08-2015, 07:36 PM   #2

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Power los

Check the fuse and/or circuit breaker on your Converter. It may have tripped from a power surge.

Darryl
desobelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 07:56 PM   #3

We checked the fuses and flipped on the circuit breakers. Everything is working(even the electrical plugs) except for the lights and refrigerator. The microwave on top of the refrig has power; we tried switching the power from the microwave to the refrig and still nothing.

If it wasn't for the lights being off, I'd think maybe the refrig died (Norcold)

Seems to be anything on 12 volts isn't working...

Any other ideas?
davara64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 03:21 PM   #4

Vintage RV Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I think you missed his wording or maybe you did this already - there should be a seperate fuse on your power converter (could be a blade fuse or a resettable fuse c/b). If that's ok, it's multimeter time. Does your coach/trailer have a switch to go between shore power/generator/batteries or is it automatic? Year/Make and what we're talking about would help.
dmurdock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 06:47 PM   #5

You also might want to start the generator, if you have one. There are sometimes parallel circuits. If it works with the generator, but not on shore power, that at least gives you more to compare and consider...
KSagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 06:56 PM   #6

Check your 12v battery disconnect, lights are 12v and you MUST have 12v for fridge to work.
Old 09-12-2015, 07:53 PM   #7

Just a thought, but have you checked the GFI? I've been having trouble with my fridge and couldn't get it to work on 110. All fuses and breakers were OK. Then I started looking and the receptacle on mine where the refrigerator plugs in is GFI protected. Once I reset that everything was good.
dix39 is offline   Reply With Quote