Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-07-2019, 05:44 PM   #1919

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Harvey, you might try a half dose of the arthritis med and see if you can reach a happy medium between feeling better and being dizzy. I'm not saying your Dr is wrong for taking you off it, but sometimes they react to something you say, like being dizzy, and don’t know the complete picture. Glenda on the other hand sees the day to day changes of you taking and not taking it. I'm sure that’s why she snuck it in.

Also, there is an arthritis strength Tylenol that lasts for 8 hours that will at least make a good night's sleep more probable. Walmart sells a generic version.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-08-2019, 07:47 AM   #1920

I’m going to try to get with my VA doctor to see what my options are. Right now the most attractive option appears to be CBD oil!

Jane hasn’t been started since May. I hit the starter, she turned over about three times, lit off and purred like a Cummins Kitten. Happy Cummins make our world a much better place.

Coming home last March we had an incident where the exhaust pipe between the down pipe from turbo to the muffler decided to go its own way, Prescott Arizona. We wired up the muffler to prevent a serious accident behind us if it came loose too. One of the first things we did when we got back to Thereabouts was buy some parts to replace the muffler with a straight pipe.

Yesterday we did the muffler replacement. After that is when we started Jane up to see how the straight pipe sounded. If you are sitting on the hood of a towed you would hear more mechanical noise from the Cummins (pistons doing their darnedest to swap holes) than you would the exhaust sound. I think this is going to work out just fine. I hope to fabricate the hanger brackets and call this project done today.

We received some health news this week that might require us to winter in place here at Thereabouts. Hopefully this week we’ll get the follow up tests that can clarify the situation. We’ll let you know more when we know more. We’re working on leaving for Yuma sooner than later but will be ready to change those plans if required.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	B8C344E4-930B-4DC9-A5EC-CDCE1CCC30EB.jpeg
Views:	40
Size:	140.3 KB
ID:	268892   Click image for larger version

Name:	23A0CE7D-4E15-43FC-A161-9AED568E1478.jpeg
Views:	40
Size:	137.3 KB
ID:	268893  

Name:	BE0894D5-B65A-4CA4-AF18-C75B01DDD18C.jpeg
Views:	35
Size:	571.4 KB
ID:	268894  
Old 12-08-2019, 08:33 AM   #1921

I hope the news you get is good enough to allow your travels to continue.

The CBD will likely help with the aches and pains. I would also recommend adding turmeric to your diet, either eating lots of it, or taking it in capsule form. If you are going to cook with it, it requires black pepper to activate the health benefits. I really enjoy warm turmeric milk (we use almond milk). The curcumin in turmeric is a natural anti-inflammatory in addition to it's anti-cancer properties. We cook with it often, and I take 4 capsules daily; I definitely notice a difference.
Brob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 09:08 PM   #1922

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Harvey, make sure the exhaust tip is above the trailer hitch height, so you don't flatten the bottom of it coming out of the fuel stops! (Think a string from the bottom of the tire to the bottom of the trailer hitch)
Mona has a halfmoon cutout for the exhaust tip in the back cap, on the passenger side, and it still has scrapes on the bottom of it!
Good thoughts and prayers coming your way! Rail!
Old 12-12-2019, 07:33 AM   #1923

A little heads up. We’re back!!!!!

We’ve been dealing with a cancer recurrence scare and that was cleared up yesterday. We lost a week in preparing for Yuma because of some clouds on an X-Ray. It looked like we were back in full cancer fighting situation once again. Then yesterday a CT scan revealed NED. No Evidence of Disease, the best words in cancer world.

We have a list to get done and the weather looks like it is cooperating, highs, fifties lows thirties. So the Tracker gets new running lights for towing, an exhaust manifold repair, and hopefully an oil leak stopped. Jane gets stripped and reloaded for winter in Yuma. We don’t need those solar panels because no boon docking this year.

Hug someone close, hope you don’t get slapped, and appreciate the love in your life.
Old 12-12-2019, 08:05 AM   #1924

Gulf Streamers Club
Such great news for you and Glenda. It is a beautiful day in the neighborhood.

Trackers are known for leaking oil around O-ring for distributor. Have you checked on that?

Looking forward to seeing y'all soon.

ron and pebbles
ronspradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 08:10 PM   #1925

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Thanks for sharing the GREAT news! I feared that Glenda had gotten a bad test result. Now you can really enjoy your winter down here! Can’t wait to see you! We usually come to Yuma at least once a week for supplies. We'll stop by to say Hi! in a few weeks when you’re settled in.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 04:11 AM   #1926

Get things ready. You are on your way to Yuma.
Old 12-13-2019, 05:08 AM   #1927

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Yes hug those you love. I pray you guys will have healthy and safe travels
kwittintime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 07:03 AM   #1928

Glenda’s doing GREAT! She had an online chart where she can login and see the latest information. The CT scan hasn’t been logged in yet and we’re waiting on pins and needles for it. Hopefully we’ll get a call from the new oncologist’s nurse today or they will log in the CT scan results so we can see it.

The good report we got Tuesday was from the old oncologist’s nurse. We’ve developed a relationship over the years.

The lift is back home until we need it next spring. Today is Tracker day. I’m still not sure if I’m going to park it on the new slab for work or not. We have a chance for rain and I would hate to get oil on the new slab. And even if I lay out some plastic there’s a chance oil could get washed to where we don’t want it. I’ll work out something.

Yesterday Glenda had a very productive day. Yumaination maybe?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	E7E23EF6-4609-4B93-969D-214AC9EE53C2.jpeg
Views:	30
Size:	540.7 KB
ID:	269339   Click image for larger version

Name:	4F9BB608-A39E-4D35-B5A7-8A76A955D4ED.jpeg
Views:	27
Size:	391.9 KB
ID:	269340  

Old 12-13-2019, 11:00 AM   #1929

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Happy to hear the good news Harvey, safe travels to Yuma.
Roadmaster Nighthawk II, 2011 Lincoln MKX.
2012 Newmar Canyon Star (first coach) FMCA F428511.
Electra 225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 06:36 AM   #1930

Keep the good news coming! Go Glenda!!!

Going to take the group on a trail ride Jan. 29th Harvey. On this route there is a few optional A rated side routes, I think Ron is going to put his tracker to the test. Should be fun. I think he's got this.

L.
Old 12-15-2019, 07:04 AM   #1931

Right now the weather window and our schedule align for leaving for Yuma Friday the 20th. That should put us in Yuma Monday if everything goes right.

Yesterday was about working on Blue mostly. The broken exhaust manifold is out and I was able to weld it back together, hope to install it today. I got the holes drilled for the new toad lights. I’m installing a set of tail/brake lights permanently on the back of Blue that are powered by the tow vehicle. I hope to get them finish installed today too.

Hopefully I’ll be able to find the oil leak and get it fixed before we head out.

Y’alls trail rides sound like fun. I bet Ron is going to love it.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	72F25F1E-68FD-4632-9D60-2A9C7C4F9524.jpeg
Views:	34
Size:	88.8 KB
ID:	269501   Click image for larger version

Name:	8A6E3601-D5B1-44EB-AE94-9B97C8AF85A8.jpeg
Views:	32
Size:	119.7 KB
ID:	269502  

Name:	E50592F4-F608-46E4-A560-70C92DDA13BB.jpeg
Views:	29
Size:	509.0 KB
ID:	269503  
Old 12-15-2019, 07:25 PM   #1932

Tomorrow will be taking care of some house keeping in the welding shop more than anything else. We’re heading for high thirties tonight with a low forties high tomorrow. I’m so close to Yuma I’m not sure I can take this kind of weather.

The manifold welded up fine. Nothing but a thing. But one of the issues we’ve had from day one with Blue was a heat shield rattle. 2 of the four studs that held it in place were broken off and I never made the time to drill them out and replace them.

So I bought some header tape wrapped the exhaust manifold with it. It’s more efficient than the heat shield and it gives me easier access to stuff around it. I still haven’t found the oil leak. There’s a plug that likes to leak at the back of the block on these motors that are notorious for leaking. The fix involves pulling the motor. I really don’t want to go there this week.

We picked up a power washer so after I get Blue back running I’m going to power wash the motor and see if I can find the leak one place or another. I had heck sealing the cam cover, about three tries last time. But I can’t tell yet if that’s where it’s leaking now. Power washing will help locate if it’s there.

It’s getting warmer every day next week and Friday will be about like it was today, great day to head to Yuma.

I’m doing an edit to update the pain thingy. It started yesterday where I’m back to hurting like crazy. I guess the diclofonac is out of the system. We received the CBD oil Saturday and I’m starting off with 50 mg dose every evening. I appreciate that for pain relief I’m looking at a month or more before I see any help if I do at all. No crazy dreams yet but I think I felt the bruised ribs a little more than I thought i would. Hope this stuff doesn’t do that!!!! Just the opposite of what we want.

Yeah yesterday I was bent over the hood of Blue reaching down for a nut and my bucket I was standing on fell over. Left ribs took the brunt of the fall. Had one of those “oh crap this is going to hurt for a week or more moments.”
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	146591C4-86F3-46C3-8305-408305EAE94C.jpeg
Views:	30
Size:	541.9 KB
ID:	269568   Click image for larger version

Name:	87BD0001-E184-454C-BE6F-2EA1B227D35C.jpeg
Views:	31
Size:	359.7 KB
ID:	269569