Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-30-2017, 07:10 AM   #239

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
I had to ask Harvey what was so rotten about him that he uses Wroughtnharv as his user name. He explained that the wrought part is for the wrought iron work he does. Well, DUH! Now it makes since. There's nothing rotten about Harvey or Glenda. They are just 2 good ol' down home folks. Just like most Texans. Did I mention that I was born and raised in Texas?

Rotten, Oh my. 😇
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-31-2017, 07:33 PM   #240

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronjhall View Post
Rotten, Oh my. 😇
I know WRon, you thought wreally wreally wroughtn.

We're at the River's Edge RV park in California with the Good Morning gang. It's literally spittin' distance from Arizona if you're just a little above average with your distance spittin' skills. We are going back across the river to Arizona tomorrow where we've rented a pad in a neighborhood in the foothills of Yuma. Cuz and her husband are there for a couple of months and the other space became available and we're going to take it. We've got dad with us and the Casita Independence trailer that is his father in law apartment.

I'll have a couple of weeks to tidy up some of the unfinished business on Jane. I still have to install the EGT gauge in the dash and run the wires back to the exhaust manifold. The same thing for the misting system. The reservoir has to be located and an electrical connection needs to be on the dash for operating the pump. I haven't even attempted to chase down the electrical issue with the levelers yet either. So the next week between naps I should be pretty busy, wreally wreally busy.
Old 02-01-2017, 08:34 AM   #241

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Harvey,
It seems to be a never ending battle to keep everything working and in order. By the time you get one or two things up and running, a couple more things pop up.
Franl
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 09:42 AM   #242

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wroughtnharv View Post
I know WRon, you thought wreally wreally wroughtn.

We're at the River's Edge RV park in California with the Good Morning gang. It's literally spittin' distance from Arizona if you're just a little above average with your distance spittin' skills. We are going back across the river to Arizona tomorrow where we've rented a pad in a neighborhood in the foothills of Yuma. Cuz and her husband are there for a couple of months and the other space became available and we're going to take it. We've got dad with us and the Casita Independence trailer that is his father in law apartment.

I'll have a couple of weeks to tidy up some of the unfinished business on Jane. I still have to install the EGT gauge in the dash and run the wires back to the exhaust manifold. The same thing for the misting system. The reservoir has to be located and an electrical connection needs to be on the dash for operating the pump. I haven't even attempted to chase down the electrical issue with the levelers yet either. So the next week between naps I should be pretty busy, wreally wreally busy.

I cannot read this. I get tongue tied.
Old 02-01-2017, 11:06 AM   #243

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franka548 View Post
Harvey,
It seems to be a never ending battle to keep everything working and in order. By the time you get one or two things up and running, a couple more things pop up.
Franl
If we did not have RV to work on we would have to get a hobby!!!
Old 02-01-2017, 02:05 PM   #244

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Dewald View Post
If we did not have RV to work on we would have to get a hobby!!!
The only thing more masochistic than owning an RV would be owning an RV and, big and, huge even, being an avid golfer. That would be like being a marshmallow with the dream of living in a cactus garden.
Old 02-02-2017, 07:01 AM   #245

Quote:
Harvey,
Franl
It does seem that way some times, but remember Harvey is still new as Jane's man servant! After a while, you get a handle on things and either the alligators become tame, or they leave the swamp. The LIST becomes shorter over time and moves from the "have to fix before we can use" to the "nice to have upgrades" column.

I've been following this thread for some time, and realize how lucky we were with our coach. We haven't had to tear into the engine and/or tranny, and most of our work has been in the 2nd column. Of course the previous owner was CDO (kind of like OCD, but the letters are in the correct order), maintained the coach to the 9's and kept meticulous records as well.
Hit_the_Rhod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 07:46 AM   #246

Quote:
Harvey,
Franl
Having owned out MH for more the 10 years. I have been able to stay ahead of the repairs. Now a days it's wash & wax, wash & wax, wash & wax, wash & wax.
Old 02-05-2017, 10:52 AM   #247

Friday we had a propane leak kind of smell that was a little nastier start. Yesterday it evolved to full dead mouse smell going full bore in the kitchen area.

I can't smell, haven't been able to do so for years. Best thing was at wits end. It seemed to be around the stove so I pulled it, we have the oven kind of stove. Odor was stronger but nothing as far as something we could do last rites over. I went outside and pulled everything around the furnace and odor was strong but what I discovered is there is this chase (channel) between the floor in the coach and the ceiling of the basement. We used lights and mirrors and opened other access points without success to locating foul one.

I went online and there are some great products for fixing this, two days away on a Saturday. I went to a Starbucks where they give away coffee grounds in bulk for gardening purposes. And I picked up a big bag of Arm & Hammer baking soda, and a pair of the cheapest tube socks I could find.

Baking soda is known for absorbing odors. So is coffee grounds. Socks? Not so much unless of course they are full of a concoction of baking soda and coffee grounds. I placed one of the colorful odor grabbers where the oven area meets the chase. The other one will go in where the chase opens into the furnace space. With just the oven one in place this morning has us dealing with the faintest of irritation in the foul smell department.

The price was three dollars plus for the Arm & Hammer and two bucks for the socks. And we got to sleep in peace last night. Something we wouldn't have been able to do with ordering something overnight, $40.00 bucks with shipping and getting it tomorrow.

Oh, note to the so inclined. If you're just over the mature boundary age wise and carry brightly colored socks through a Walmart, it's not unlike a woman walking through showing 90% of her cleavage. The opposite sex will stare and comment. Old women are a lot like old men............
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0245.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	371.1 KB
ID:	151020  
Old 02-05-2017, 03:41 PM   #248

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Harvey, if you just said the socks are for "my Jane" you could have really had some tongues a waggin' or rendered them speechless. Either way, I do believe your stock would have gone up a few points.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 06:26 PM   #249

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Harvey,
We had that same smell in Goldie, found that the hookups for the washer were open, capped the drain pipe and put a plug in the vacuum break after removing it, voila, no more smell. Check and see if you have a grey water pipe open somewhere, could be where your smell is coming from. Smells the same as a deceased critter.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 09:04 PM   #250

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Wouldn't some bleach poured down a sink help your gray tank odor? Kill whatever is causing the stink?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 05:49 AM   #251

I would be looking for a cheater vent under kitchen cabinets that has failed. Usually installed on a pipe that extends towards inside top of cabinets. Good luck finding the smell.
Old 02-08-2017, 09:39 AM   #252

The odor is coming back, not bad as before, but reasserting its power to irritate. I'm going to change out the coffee ground baking soda mixture because when it was fresh it seemed to be very efficient.