RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 11-02-2017, 01:25 PM   #673
cwk

American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by olcarguy View Post
When I tried to light the stove in "no name" ...
Now I have the tune of "A Horse with No Name" running through my head!

Fortunately, I like the song.

cwk is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-02-2017, 02:08 PM   #674

Sorry CKW ...didn't meen to put an ear worm in your head. Even though it's a darn good song from a man from my home town... Just didn't make the connection till you mentioned it.....

“Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment.”93 Coachmen Pusher 38' 8.3Cummings, 6sp Alison. "Roy"
olcarguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 04:18 PM   #675
cwk

Spartan Chassis
Not a problem. Good memories. Might make for a long campfire story. It involves driving school buses in the early 1970's and driving in the snow. All good.
Old 11-02-2017, 04:38 PM   #676
cwk

Spartan Chassis
Now, you could call your rig "A Coach With No Name" but that doesn't exactly roll of the tongue easily, does it.

Well, my TT doesn't have name either. Maybe if/when we get a Class A, DW will name that? We'll see.
Old 11-02-2017, 05:42 PM   #677

I think "ol no name" might be what she gets hung with. Kind of reminds me of this guy I used to work with called him "no brains" man dumb as a stump, but strong.....

“Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment.”93 Coachmen Pusher 38' 8.3Cummings, 6sp Alison. "Roy"
Old 11-02-2017, 06:40 PM   #678

Not sure you can "make up" a name. Ours is a Mandalay Presidio that we purchased as a fixer upper... Well, turns out the thing is very touchie,,,, lots a little things need to be just right...... next thing ya know she was crowned "Ms Prissy".
Lloyd in S.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 07:58 PM   #679
RVM 18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I have friends that had a Winnebago DP that was always in the shop. They named her Citrus, because it sounded better than Lemon. Citrus died a watery death when Harvey flooded Houston. I suggested they name their new coach, Lemonade.
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 08:41 PM   #680

That's a good one.

Old 11-02-2017, 10:44 PM   #681

Today was oven day.

First thing was to stop at Amerigas to see if they had anyone who could offer me some expertise. Manager explained it wasn’t the regulator, “clean out the lines, all of them” he said. He also promised that if it was the regulator he would replace it with a new one for free.

Then good bud called to tell me that I could remove the stove regulator because most ovens don’t have them. The difference between 11” and 9.5” water lift is minimal.

I blew out the lines. Nothing changed.

I eliminated the stove regulator. Nothing changed.

Stumbling around in the dark online I ended up in Canada with a knowledgeable tech who explained that it was the thermopile bad, not the thermocoupler, the thermopile. He suggested cleaning it before I did anything else.

I cleaned the thermopile that I now knew as the safety valve here in the States, nothing changed.

I got home fully intending or order a new safety valve from Amazon. Then I did a search on IRV2 and found this:
“”
Thanks for the ideas. You will not believe the fix. I finally had a tech come out. He took one look at my stove, and asked if I had a piece of paper. I gave him a small piece of paper and he took the oven knob off and wadded the paper up and stuck it inside the knob. He then lit the oven and waa laaa it worked. He said this particular year of this model they made the knob too deep and it pushed on the "safety valve?" and shut the gas off. I'm not sure, what it was called,but it worked.
“”

No way I can order a new safety valve without trying the paper trick.

As for the coach names, most of the older coaches would answer to dammit on any given day.

I forgot to mention the fire, imagine that. I had blown out the lines and thought I had it all back together. Well, almost, fuel rail that has the knobs on it wasn’t totally secured.

I turned on the gas and then went back in to check out the oven. I thought I smelled some propane. Hit the igniter and Kaboom! Reached back for the extinguisher and looked back, nice little fire like a fireplace log set going. So I stepped outside and turned off the gas, end of excitement. For a microsecond I had visions of Jane Feyre.
Old 11-02-2017, 11:08 PM   #682

Oven problems

Gllad you got the oven problem sorted out. A few years ago DH changed out the propane regulator and the propane hoses. He didn't want to get caught with problems while out camping. We use our oven and cook on the stove top. The other day it was 43* and Dh went to get the toothpaste ect. out. He cracked the vent and lit up the stove so he wouldn't be quite so cold. Dh needs extensive dental work and we couldn't afford thousands for the work. We are about 1&1/2 hr. round trip from UB dental school. He is retired and has no time clock to punch. He needs three dental implants. Glad you have the option for dental work in Mexico. Safe travels to Yuma.
sam-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 11:20 PM   #683

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
OoooooMyyyyyy! So did the wad of paper in the oven knob work?

Back when I lived in the 110 year old Victorian farm house, it had a "no name" propane furnace, and every year, I have to go down in the basement and clean out the burner assy. as it would clog up with this white powdery stuff, rust, and dust! I would take it all apart, shop vac it all out, and it would work just fine for the season! If I forgot to do it, it would let me know with a loud "Wooffff" when the furnace would light, and it would get steadily worse, till I would go down and clean it out!

Deck is looking good, Harvey! Rail!
Old 11-03-2017, 09:02 AM   #684

I haven’t done the paper wad trick yet. I will do it this morning and if it doesn’t work then I will order the new safety valve. That would be a toot if it did work tho.......

We’re taking the bicycles to Yuma. We’re also taking Doser’s ride.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DA3A5AEA-07B6-41C5-A569-7FE7139A4470.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	310.4 KB
ID:	181821  
Old 11-03-2017, 11:33 AM   #685

Winnebago Owners Club
See you shortly.
Old 11-03-2017, 01:30 PM   #686

Paper wad didn’t work, double doggone darn.