Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-13-2017, 06:13 PM   #631

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Harvey,
Glad to see that you made it and that the trailer is up and working for Dad.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-13-2017, 10:19 PM   #632

That looks like an awesome place to be! How did Lil Blue pull? We have an older Suzuki Sidekick that is my DD, but we slapped a bar on it for Toad duty.
Old 09-14-2017, 05:01 AM   #633

Good fit with awning between trees. Looks like a great area to camp.
Where are the solar panels?
Old 09-14-2017, 10:17 AM   #634

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Harvey, one my favorite places to sleep was a little TS/ Rest./bar, on 89 north just on the outskirts of Flag. So nice and quiet, and the smell of the pines, WOW! Enjoy! Rail!
Old 09-20-2017, 01:24 PM   #635

Life is tough on the mountain. Yesterday we had a pair of havelinas came by to test the dog alarm system. Worked, but they, the pigs, weren't too impressed, not near as much as us.

We're in Flag picking up stuff and doing laundry.

One more week to go. If it got any better I'd be black and blue head to tail from pinching myself.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1338.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	556.1 KB
ID:	177251   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1115.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	382.5 KB
ID:	177252  

Name:	IMG_1342.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	587.3 KB
ID:	177253  
Old 09-20-2017, 08:32 PM   #636

Late to the party, but when I heard the name Jane it made me think of Bare Naked Ladies. The band, not the real ones. Cheers
Old 09-21-2017, 08:51 AM   #637

Winnebago Owners Club
Harvey - glad you are taking care of the all important "nap" task. Obvious that you have a dedicated follower. Always nicer to have assistance when performing repetitive projects.

Sorry to hear it will end in a week. There certainly was not enough time this year but next year you will be able to get out sooner.

Looking forward to seeing you all in Yuma this winter.
Old 09-21-2017, 06:48 PM   #638

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Harvey, great shot, i love the fresh air up there in the piney woods! Enjoy the cool! Rail!
Old 09-28-2017, 11:17 AM   #639

Just a quick update until when I can get wifi and the photos on the IMac synced.

We're down from the three weeks in the woods. While up there we got the solar system working good enough for what we needed. The new windshields were installed, yup, in the woods, squirrels couldn't believe it, thought they had seen everything until they saw something else, kinda like rv'rs. One of the things on the honey do list was a new faucet for the kitchen sink. Done, but I could write a book about that one.

We're off to our house Texas this morning from Camp Verde AZ. 260 to 60 to I25 to 380 to 78, left on Eubanks, left on Fairview, left on Eastridge Ct, stop.

Pics and stories to follow, book too, maybe, involving elk at night and plumbing in the kitchen.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_1374.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	396.9 KB
ID:	178107  
Old 09-28-2017, 12:52 PM   #640

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Harvey,
Sounds like you had a real productive 3 weeks up in the hills. Also some relaxation time, from the looks of a couple of those pics that you posted. lol.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 10:21 PM   #641

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Harvey, I also replaced the kitchen faucet on Mona, mine was a easy swap, other than having to take a sawsall to the one bolt in removing the old one! But the first new one that we unpacked from a banded factory sealed box, was missing two main parts, so had to make the trip back to the store, and replace with another brand, totally lost faith in the first brand after having to make a trip back and forth! (12 miles one way) I also replaced the bathroom vanity faucet, and had bought the braided extensions, and did not need them, but did need them on the kitchen faucet, so it all worked out!
Also had to have my windshields reset as they had both slipped down, causing a gap at the top at the passenger side top, and was making a loud wind noise going down the road! The old urethane had gave up it's grip, holding them in tight, from the rough Pa. roads! The glass repair guy came to the CG in NJ. and reset them both, and put on new urethane, and they are good as new!

Glad you had a great time, and how did your dad's new shower work for him?
Ok, I'm sure! Rail!
Old 09-29-2017, 07:21 PM   #642

Okay guys, trying to answer some of the questions as I recall them from scanning the thread. Keep in mind short term memory issues......

Blu worked like a champ!!! All the work and frustration on/with her was justified with dad saying, "I always wanted a four wheel drive to do just this." We were running some of the forest roads, well, crawling really. We did some trails with loose rocks and grades and she never spun a wheel. I'm pretty sure the rearend has a locker. And the best bonus of all, Glenda loves her.

Dad's trailer worked out great. He is very happy with it. And as for the shower, don't mention it but dad at his age doesn't like showers as much as we would like him to. He's taking more showers and that's a good thing. I think he sees it as his and his alone, modified just for him.

Solar panels. They are on stands that are set out to catch sun even though the coach is in the shade most of the day. I'm very happy with my additional batteries and the inverter helping out. It's not finalized yet but this is a good thing that will be fully implemented soon.

The sink installation was complicated by HD being located fifty miles away. I made two round trips Wednesday for fittings because of their limited inventory and my rudimentary knowledge of plumbing. Basically if I was going to install a new Delta kitchen faucet in a 93 Winnebago I would grab two Sharkbite 3/8" to 1/4" couplings eliminating fittings. The hiccup for me was that HD didn't have those fittings in stock. So I tried first to use two 3/8" Pex push to fit plastic fittings for 3/8" compression couplings because that's what were on the ends of the Delta lines. That didn't work. Leaked like a garden sprayer. I ended up with two Sharkbite 3/8" Pex to half inch pipen male fittings and two Sharkbite 1/4" Pex to half inch pipe females. The great thing is the new faucet looks good, works perfect, and Glenda loves it.

Did I mention that the last trip to HD involved coming back to camp after dark and meeting three different elk cows on the highway? They are huge in headlights!!!!
Old 09-29-2017, 09:02 PM   #643

Here are some photos to help with the questions.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_1333.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	170.7 KB
ID:	178266   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1335.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	202.9 KB
ID:	178267  

Name:	IMG_1334.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	223.1 KB
ID:	178268   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1336.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	210.6 KB
ID:	178269  

Name:	IMG_1337.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	195.9 KB
ID:	178270   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1372.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	646.9 KB
ID:	178271  

Old 09-29-2017, 09:24 PM   #644

Good to hear Blue is holding his own! We have a Sidekick that is my daily driver and I love it. Been to a couple different off road park areas with it and they are very capable. Just a thought...i wouldn't be the least bit scared to pop it in 4 lo and use it to move or position the travel trailer. I have been impressed with what my little Suzuki will do as far as short distance pulling or dragging...the advice my buddy who sold it to me gave was to use the gearing. It doesn't have a world of power in tap...so just use the gears.