Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-31-2018, 11:25 PM   #1037

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloyd in S.C. View Post
Rail, funny story. My ROP's folds, however twice I have hit the opening of our door to the shed as I forget to fold it down. I now only back the tractor in, therefore backing up it is in my field of view. It is easy to forget.

Sometimes my tractor sits for a month, other times I use it a lot. It has had a buch of use this year helping to build my daughters new house just dowwn the road from ours.

L.
Yeah, Lloyd, this one folded down too, and that is how we kept it after the garage door incident! We had about 2 acers that we mowed, so with me on the Kubota, and Vicky on the Zero-turn Woods, we knocked that job out quickly! It was all flat mowing, so really did not need the roll bar! I made a spot for the tractor in the lean-to behind the "Cord-wood" shed. It was originally built (the lean-to) for square bale hay storage for the 2 horses that we used to have! It turned out to be the perfect size for the tractor!

Rail!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-04-2018, 08:21 PM   #1038

The Verizon MIFI went back to Verizon today. I was one day over the fourteen day return and the young man at the call center went hardcore about that with me.

There was a discussing. He got dissed and I did use some language we can’t use here. The eight gig I used will cost me about $80.00 net after we get all done. It just wouldn’t work here for me. And I imagine I will use Verizon when we go to new service when the two year lock out is up this Christmas. The nice young man was just doing his job and there are rules.

The best deal so far I’ve found is the one from FMCA using Sprint. But I have to find out if Sprint has a viable signal here. If they do then we’ll go with them for the hot spot and then for phone service when we change carriers.

Things are going great. The house painter will be done by Friday. Hopefully the house will be listed as a coming soon Friday and be listed officially next week. It appears right now that we might hit the market at a good time. There are few homes that match us on the market so we might get lucky with a buyer early and with a premium. That’s the hope/plan.

The insulation plan has changed. Originally I was going to lay the bats between the joists. Now we’re looking at doing it the smarter way, place the between the rafters. I’m still doing some research but it looks like the best method is the rafter option.

One of our neighbors has been here 24 years and they’ve had issues over the property line with the previous owner. He told me that the surveyor wanted $500.00 to locate the pins for him. I told him to be cool for a bit and I would locate mine/ours when I could. The other day I nailed them easy peasy. So this morning his wife mowed our whole place with her Gravely zero turn. When I expressed our appreciation and desire to pay her she let me know they felt it was the least they could do after finding the pins. Hopefully we’ll have a new mower in the next couple of weeks, The Gravely is pretty impressive. I can get a good deal on a Scag but I’m really impressed with the Gravely after it made the high grass and weeds look like easy work without the motor screaming doing it.

I thought we had the old house pretty well emptied of stuff with what was left just about out of the garage. Then yesterday we cleaned out the attic over the garage. Oh My Gawd, the garage is now full again. Most of it is Christmas stuff but then there’s also a lot of stuff passed down from family. That complicates things.

One of the things that makes stuff interesting is old house paint. We had a bunch going back to when we bought the house and painted it before moving in and all the projects since. Landfills won’t take paint. But only if it’s liquid, if it’s hardened up then it’s okay. And the key to hardening it is kitty litter. Kind of amazing, half gallon of house paint in a gallon can mixed with kitty litter becomes a solid very quickly.

Sunday I made us pancakes, sausage, and eggs for breakfast. This morning I used the left over pancakes, sausage, eggs, and added jalopenas for pancake breakfast sandwiches. The response to pancakes with jalopenas is always negative. But when the painters saw me eating one they hinted they might like it. So in the morning I’m making pancakes with jalopenas, eggs, and sausage for breakfast for us and the house painters. It’s one of those things that I wished I could load up photos.
Old 06-04-2018, 08:38 PM   #1039

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Harvey,

Have you looked at the T Mobile 55 Plus plan? It worked GREAT for me in AZ and is pretty good up here near Seattle.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 05:53 AM   #1040

Harvey, tough finding a good data provider. Have you looked into a cell phone booster for your AT&T plan. If you have one line signal now. You should be able to boost signal up to 3 lines. Question. Do you have LTE signal?

Our friend in Lexington sold his place and is moving to Georgetown today.
Old 06-11-2018, 05:56 AM   #1041

Barb we’re probably going to end up with T Mobile the hard way. We’re going with the Sprint/FMCA connects us but the Sprint tech told us that they’re hoping Jared can get the merger through and T Mobile will buy Sprint. (Jk)

It’s been a tough time, two hours windshield time plus taking care of the little things that will make the old place more attractive when it hits the market this weekend. We’re tired of the drive and fast food caused by long days.

The good thing is I’m honing the skills. And I’ve got a lot better at doing things with the broken wing (rotator cuff tear). Yesterday was repairing the sheet rock in the garage and today I paint it.

Dozer the dawg gave miss Glenda heck the other night because she didn’t bring me home with her. I had to stay in town and take the kids to the airport at 4 am. He wants to stay here where home is and not have to go back to where home used to be.

Next week hopefully it will be the new place all the time.
Old 06-17-2018, 08:16 PM   #1042

It’s been a week now. In the morning I’m out of here (Denison) at 3:30 to pick up the kids from the airport.

Today I turned the house over to the real estate agent and it will be on the market late morning tomorrow. We’re hoping for a fast sale but you can’t ever tell. We want top dollar because we believe the house is unique and move in ready.

Now comes the fun part, making Thereabouts a reality.
Old 06-18-2018, 03:25 AM   #1043

Good luck with house sale.
Old 06-18-2018, 05:15 AM   #1044

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Harvey,
I agree with Ron, good luck with the house sale.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 05:28 AM   #1045

Good luck with the sale Harvey!!!

It sounds like it will go fast.

L.
Old 06-18-2018, 05:53 AM   #1046

I'm sure it will be a quick sale. Hook luck.

“Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment.”93 Coachmen Pusher 38' 8.3Cummings, 6sp Alison. "Roy"
olcarguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 05:27 AM   #1047

Things are moving along very well here at Thereabouts. We purchased a used aluminum 12’ X 24’ canopy that had been taken down and let set for many years. It made all of the difference on the front of the little house and looks awesome.

House isn’t getting much traffic, probably because we’re overpriced, not concerned right now.

We killed two copperheads the other day when I moved the burn pile to where the mobile home used to be. Then yesterday neighbor killed another in our common fence line. Sandy soil you get copperheads, ticks, and easier digging than you get with the clay soils.

Our internet is the FMCA/Verizon package, we love it. We don’t turn on the MIFI on unless we have to but it works just fine for us, highly recommend it. Things are moving along fine.
Old 07-08-2018, 08:28 AM   #1048

Yesterday morning Facebook greeted me with a photo taken two years ago on July 7th. Miss Glenda’s hair was about 1/4” long recovering from the chemo adventure. She had a smile you couldn’t take off with a jackhammer. And we were on our first jaunt with Jane. She was in the passenger seat and all was well with our world.

We had purchased Jane with cash, brown bag full because B of A didn’t have much cash on hand so we got mostly twenties. And then we did a couple of hundred mile round trip as a maiden voyage. The picture was taken in Bells Texas, ten miles from Thereabouts.

So much has happened in the last two years. We’ve moved from our home of 26 years in Wylie to Thereabouts. And Jane has had so many changes and challenges. Right now she provides us an air conditioned place to sleep, shower, and chill down in the evenings. We get seven local channels and that’s enough for us. Our internet is LTE, and once again enough for us.

Some things don’t change. Yesterday I dug three post holes 3 1/2’ deep twelve inches across and filled them with concrete mixed in the wheel barrow, one wheel barrow load per post hole. It’s forty yards from the remix (sand and gravel for mixing concrete) to the post holes. But it is down hill a bit and that helped. Today I start laying stuff out for making a 40’ X 16’ lean to off of the container so I can set up blacksmith shop and welding area until the new home/shop is built.

The burn pile now fits in a thirty gallon trash can. The copperhead count is now four, two ours, and one each for the two of the neighbors right next to our shared property lines. Our war against the poison ivy is going our way. I’m still not allergic to it and Glenda is doing better at protecting herself from it. We’ve got it down to a couple of areas, still substantial, but not everywhere.

The attic insulation is moving along fine. Day before yesterday it came to a screaching hault when the insulation I was placing back into the wallplate sent a shower of sparks my way. Squirrels had chewed off the insulation of an area almost a foot long. I got that fixed yesterday before I started the post hole exercises.

Doser is happier than if he had two tails. He’s lost some weight and acts a lot happier. He knows the property lines and stays inside them. Glenda is doing wonderful. She’s busy with the yard stuff.

Two weeks ago a bud sold me an aluminum awning that he had bought used. It went up easy and really makes the little house easier to live with because we now have a place to cook outside. The so cute apartment stove that came with the little house had an issue with the oxygen regulators, all four of them were rusted and broken. But they are the very same ones that Jane’s Atwood burners use. I haven’t found a source for them yet but am sure they are available.

Life is better than good here in Thereabouts.
Old 07-08-2018, 08:36 AM   #1049

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Great to hear, Harvy! I figured you all were busy! Take care, enjoy! Rail!
Old 07-08-2018, 10:04 AM   #1050

Gulf Streamers Club
Thanks for the update Harvy. So glad you are getting set up at the new place. You and Glenda got this.

ronspradley
ronspradley is offline   Reply With Quote