Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-31-2018, 02:23 PM   #1065

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wroughtnharv View Post
Hmmmm, Ron is a whiz kid for sure. But evidently the lemon has to be the size of a watermelon for him to see it. Top photo.

But I was looking for a Yellow Lemon [emoji522] [emoji3]
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-31-2018, 08:15 PM   #1066

Give it time Ron.

The well has power and nothing happened. First impression is the capacitor is wasted so I picked up another one this afternoon. We’ll see if that makes a difference.

It was an awesome day here in Thereabouts Texas.
Old 08-01-2018, 11:02 AM   #1067

Quote:
Give it time Ron.

The well has power and nothing happened. First impression is the capacitor is wasted so I picked up another one this afternoon. We’ll see if that makes a difference.

It was an awesome day here in Thereabouts Texas.

Harvey got water.
Just not sure where it’s coming from.
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2026.JPG
Views:	68
Size:	684.5 KB
ID:	213441
Old 08-01-2018, 05:16 PM   #1068

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronjhall View Post
But I was looking for a Yellow Lemon [emoji522] [emoji3]
I missed it too, Ron. You're sure that's not a lime tree, Harvey?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 07:18 PM   #1069

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
I missed it too, Ron. You're sure that's not a lime tree, Harvey?
Lemons start out as limes. Then they take a vow of abstinence from alcohol and life of service. And that folks is how we came to have lemonade.
Old 08-01-2018, 07:28 PM   #1070

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronjhall View Post
Harvey got water.
Just not sure where it’s coming from.
Attachment 213441
That was a broken and buried spigot. I dug it out and capped the line to find other leaks. I didn’t find any leaks but I have been digging holes looking for the line where it fed the old mobile home. I haven’t found the line and have darn near wore out the IPad Pro searching for the photos for clues to the location of the line. Right now the sandy clay soil is dry and harder than a bad girl’s heart. Plus the line is about two feet deep.

If I can find the line at the old trailer location, and, huge and, it is viable, tht will save me about 120’ of trenching for new line. It will also give us well water for watering all of the plants and preparing the new flower bed north of where Jane is parked.

I can’t find a leak even though I recall abandoning the water line when I did the tractor work after the trailer/mobile home went bye bye. The new meter is showing no electrical use and the pressure gauge in the well house is constant at 50 psi.

When I find the line I will install another frost free faucet there and at the previous location by the well house where we had the bubbling excitement this morning.
Old 09-02-2018, 06:29 AM   #1071

Wow! It’s been a month so it might take an hour or so to bring y’all up to speed.

Last night we signed a contract on the house. It’s not for the price we wanted but it seems we put it on the market at the perfectly wrong time. If we had put it on the market two weeks earlier it would have went quick. But we didn’t so that’s how it is.

This is the second contract. First one was a couple of weeks ago but the kids of the eighty somethings wanting our house had a fit about mom and dad leaving the condo in Dallas. So instead of closing for cash on 8-28 we’re scheduled for a 9-28 closing FHA.

Thereabouts is coming together. We’re greener than the neighbors because we water from the well every day. Glenda stays busy going after weeds and doing flower beds. I’ve been hard at it after the addition on the container that will be the welding shop

I’ve got two months to finish up the welding area, 16’ X 40’. Roof is on and worked as it was supposed to when we got 4.1” of rain in 36 hours. We’re modifying our plans as we go. Now we’re looking at keeping the container and welding area where is and my area.

Since we’re in tornado alley I decided to supplement gravity in keeping the container in place during a storm. I picked up four powerline expandable down guy anchors and anchor rods. Then I dug a hole at each corner six feet deep and then installed the anchors and rods. The rods were then welded to the corners of the container. I’ve never seen a down guy anchor pulled out of the ground.

We’re still living in Jane. And the combination of the belly a/c unit and the portable a/c she’s been comfortable during even the hottest days. We have a to do list for Jane before the trip to Yuma in November. All of it is normal maintenance stuff except for the installation of a replacement toilet. Cost of repair kit is about 60% of a new one so we’re going with a new one.

I’ve got about 650’ of pipe fence to build before we leave. We’re going to be gone about four months and even though we’ve got wonderful neighbors I will feel better with a secure fence across the front and down one side.

The shoulder is a constant aggravation these days. But since the genies didn’t make the move with us if I want it done I have to figure out ways of doing it.

We still haven’t came up with a final floor plan on the barndominium. So the plan now is get the additional dirt brought in for the pad and let it sit over the winter and start the construction when we return next spring.

The kids think we’re too old to tackle this kind of project. But they’re smart enough to know not to say anything. We laugh sometimes at how much fun we’re having and at this age. Life really is good. And part of that goodness is being busy and chasing a dream.
Old 09-02-2018, 06:54 AM   #1072

Quote:
Wow! It’s been a month so it might take an hour or so to bring y’all up to speed.

Last night we signed a contract on the house. It’s not for the price we wanted but it seems we put it on the market at the perfectly wrong time. If we had put it on the market two weeks earlier it would have went quick. But we didn’t so that’s how it is.

This is the second contract. First one was a couple of weeks ago but the kids of the eighty somethings wanting our house had a fit about mom and dad leaving the condo in Dallas. So instead of closing for cash on 8-28 we’re scheduled for a 9-28 closing FHA.

Thereabouts is coming together. We’re greener than the neighbors because we water from the well every day. Glenda stays busy going after weeds and doing flower beds. I’ve been hard at it after the addition on the container that will be the welding shop

I’ve got two months to finish up the welding area, 16’ X 40’. Roof is on and worked as it was supposed to when we got 4.1” of rain in 36 hours. We’re modifying our plans as we go. Now we’re looking at keeping the container and welding area where is and my area.

Since we’re in tornado alley I decided to supplement gravity in keeping the container in place during a storm. I picked up four powerline expandable down guy anchors and anchor rods. Then I dug a hole at each corner six feet deep and then installed the anchors and rods. The rods were then welded to the corners of the container. I’ve never seen a down guy anchor pulled out of the ground.

We’re still living in Jane. And the combination of the belly a/c unit and the portable a/c she’s been comfortable during even the hottest days. We have a to do list for Jane before the trip to Yuma in November. All of it is normal maintenance stuff except for the installation of a replacement toilet. Cost of repair kit is about 60% of a new one so we’re going with a new one.

I’ve got about 650’ of pipe fence to build before we leave. We’re going to be gone about four months and even though we’ve got wonderful neighbors I will feel better with a secure fence across the front and down one side.

The shoulder is a constant aggravation these days. But since the genies didn’t make the move with us if I want it done I have to figure out ways of doing it.

We still haven’t came up with a final floor plan on the barndominium. So the plan now is get the additional dirt brought in for the pad and let it sit over the winter and start the construction when we return next spring.

The kids think we’re too old to tackle this kind of project. But they’re smart enough to know not to say anything. We laugh sometimes at how much fun we’re having and at this age. Life really is good. And part of that goodness is being busy and chasing a dream.

Busy busy. Good to here you have found a buyer for house.
Old 09-03-2018, 06:12 AM   #1073

Harvey sent me a bunch of pictures yesterday. Here are some of themClick image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0029.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	567.0 KB
ID:	217425Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0029.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	567.0 KB
ID:	217425Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0032.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	581.8 KB
ID:	217426Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0035.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	434.8 KB
ID:	217427Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0040.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	517.1 KB
ID:	217428Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0034.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	524.6 KB
ID:	217430
Old 09-03-2018, 06:14 AM   #1074

Some more. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0041.JPG
Size:	675.6 KB
ID:	217431Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0045.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	321.0 KB
ID:	217432Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0047.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	553.7 KB
ID:	217433Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0046.jpg
Size:	401.8 KB
ID:	217434Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0048.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	451.5 KB
ID:	217435
Old 09-03-2018, 06:15 AM   #1075

Last group. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0049.jpg
Size:	345.3 KB
ID:	217436Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0050.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	297.9 KB
ID:	217437Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0051.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	389.5 KB
ID:	217438Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0052.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	444.3 KB
ID:	217439Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0053.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	403.8 KB
ID:	217440
Old 09-03-2018, 07:59 AM   #1076

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Harvey, very nice front porch! Looks like great progress is being made! Glad you got the other house sold! Rail!
Old 09-03-2018, 07:59 AM   #1077

Harvey, you are working too hard!!!!
Old 09-03-2018, 08:03 AM   #1078

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Harvey,
I agree with Lloyd,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote