Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-19-2019, 10:59 AM   #1359

A real concern with the storm shelter is getting light when its needed. I settled on this security light at Lowes.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	569132A0-825C-4C55-904B-3DEFC0F32FF7.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	384.4 KB
ID:	246521  
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-19-2019, 11:16 AM   #1360

The solar panel is attached to the vent cover. One of my worries was about the battery being part of the solar panel and losing the battery in a storm. The unit has the battery with the lamp so the solar panel can go away in a storm and the light will still work.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	64815365-662F-4553-9D89-7ECE3F496CB7.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	394.1 KB
ID:	246522  
Old 05-19-2019, 11:19 AM   #1361

The light is activated by darkness and motion.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	46A1780A-B4C8-470D-89EE-DAEB97173D74.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	143.2 KB
ID:	246523   Click image for larger version

Name:	C0B279BA-C3A4-45DD-9591-214BBDF950E7.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	191.5 KB
ID:	246524  

Old 05-19-2019, 11:22 AM   #1362

We’re ready if the storm comes tomorrow, tonight even.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	5D2B9F7B-CDB5-47D8-8CD5-EB6302DB2887.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	393.9 KB
ID:	246526  
Old 05-19-2019, 10:43 PM   #1363

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Good job Harvey! Rail!
Old 05-20-2019, 08:43 PM   #1364

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Harvey,

You might want to invest in a hand crank light just in case. That could be a REALLY scary tomb without light. This one is on sale

https://www.amazon.com/b/ref=SE04U?n...4-65842f76e6ff
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 08:28 AM   #1365

Barb I’m sure Glenda will be buying one of those. Right now we keep the phones charged and have some boost packs that can recharge them. Plus we have the solar powered light system.

Cuz was outside of Big Spring last night. The sirens went off and the management of the park ferried them to the basement of the local Baptist church once. Sleep was tough after that.

The storm blew through here this morning dumping 3/8” in minutes. It was loud and bright too. Just north of us in Oklahoma there were some tornados, 30 miles away.

Right now it’s spectacular. Our road runner couple has sent one of them out to forage. The brown headed blackbirds are joining the cardinals, doves, and blue jays gleaning seeds on the ground and in the feeders. And yes, the hummingbirds are enjoying the nectar in the feeders.

The two pan feeder has become a hit, especially with the cardinals. They don’t like feeders and prefer seeds on the ground. But they’ve taken to the two pan feeder like it was made just for them. I made it for the seed block over the winter and now put in black sunflower seeds in it.

The welding shop has my basic wiring installed. I have a light switch by the door now and 20 amp outlets by each side of the door for exterior and interior use. Today I’m going to concentrate on building the extension bar for the auger and installing the new winch on the gin pole. We’ve got dry weather for the next week forecast and I need to get the power pole moved so I can start on forming the concrete for the barndominium.
Old 05-23-2019, 07:02 AM   #1366

It’s another beautiful day here at Thereabouts. The violent weather is following a path that bends around us. Yesterday Glenda mentioned that we hadn’t registered the storm shelter with the county. All storm shelters are supposed to be registered so first responders can check on them to insure no one is trapped inside.

I will do that this morning.

Last night I opened the shelter to check out the lighting system. It worked as planned. Today I hope to weld up the extensions for the auger so I can get the holes as close to ten feet deep as I can. Right now it looks like will entail a two step dig, eight feet and then another extension to get it to ten. It is complicated by doing it by myself.

Glenda has been after me to get the stop sign out front. So Tuesday evening I hand dug a hole 30” deep and picked up some quick setting concrete. The assembly was too heavy for me to handle so we had to use the skid steer and install it from the ditch in front of the property. She operated the skid steer and I handled the business end. I had to dig it down to 4’ deep to get the height I wanted. 3’ I hit a rock, a very special rock. It wanted to remain undisturbed forever. It didn’t work out well for the rock.

I just tried to upload some photos and that didn’t work.

The heart monitor I wore two weeks ago for three days didn’t work. So Tuesday morning I got to go in and get another installed. We’ll turn it back in tomorrow morning. That way the cardiologist can explain to me that my heart is fine, neurologist time.
Old 05-23-2019, 08:08 PM   #1367

I was able to load a photo this evening, go figure.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	50368B82-0EB9-4ECA-904A-5DD317AA640C.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	588.1 KB
ID:	247015  
Old 05-23-2019, 09:35 PM   #1368

Gulf Streamers Club
I like.

ron and pebbles
ronspradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 03:24 AM   #1369

Neat.
Old 05-24-2019, 09:36 AM   #1370

Heart monitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wroughtnharv View Post
It’s another beautiful day here at Thereabouts. The violent weather is following a path that bends around us. Yesterday Glenda mentioned that we hadn’t registered the storm shelter with the county. All storm shelters are supposed to be registered so first responders can check on them to insure no one is trapped inside.

I will do that this morning.

Last night I opened the shelter to check out the lighting system. It worked as planned. Today I hope to weld up the extensions for the auger so I can get the holes as close to ten feet deep as I can. Right now it looks like will entail a two step dig, eight feet and then another extension to get it to ten. It is complicated by doing it by myself.

Glenda has been after me to get the stop sign out front. So Tuesday evening I hand dug a hole 30” deep and picked up some quick setting concrete. The assembly was too heavy for me to handle so we had to use the skid steer and install it from the ditch in front of the property. She operated the skid steer and I handled the business end. I had to dig it down to 4’ deep to get the height I wanted. 3’ I hit a rock, a very special rock. It wanted to remain undisturbed forever. It didn’t work out well for the rock.

I just tried to upload some photos and that didn’t work.

The heart monitor I wore two weeks ago for three days didn’t work. So Tuesday morning I got to go in and get another installed. We’ll turn it back in tomorrow morning. That way the cardiologist can explain to me that my heart is fine, neurologist time.
KARDIA has a nice app, I have installed on my iphone, that can perform a pretty accurate EKG strip you can share with your doctor.
eddndee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 10:22 AM   #1371

Lightbulb

Hi. I'm late to the party but saw mention of pacemakers and welding. I'm just a hobby weldor but have a Syncrowave 250 because there weren't any hobby TIGs in 1993 and I wanted to learn aluminum, so I stepped up.

A buddy was using the TIG, welding his damaged aluminum prop. I went in to the downstairs bathroom and the sprinkler system valves were hammering away resulting in water hammering throughout the basement. WTH It's my guess that the HF was traveling 40' across the garage to the sprinkler clock and wreaking havoc. (for the non weldors - high frequency is used for AC welding alum, it keeps the arc lit as the sine wave passes through Zero)

Now I have a note hanging over the welder's On switch: "Unplug Sprinkler Clock."

I'm not trying to scare or discourage you, just sharing my experience. Although I rarely weld anymore, at 71, I'm pretty sure quitting isn't something I'd be happy about. I still have my O/A set though.
CIDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 06:28 AM   #1372

I appreciate the information on the TIG and the app. Yesterday I gave the doc’s office the new monitor and Tuesday we have an appointment to see what his diagnosis is. I really don’t like the idea of the pacemaker because welding aluminum is such a pleasure. It’s just cleaner and prettier than steel welding. And a heckuva a lot more challenging for a steel weldor who manipulates the puddle. Aluminum for me has been about seeing the puddle means you’re late for the party.

Yesterday it was about adding three feet to the 12” auger and digging an 8’ deep hole with the skid steer. I now have the hole for the new power pole, just need to pull it out of the fence line and then install it in the new hole. Never a dull moment here.