Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-07-2019, 06:26 AM   #1387

I dropped the pole into the new hole and then got the best thing about me to hold it in place while I back filled the hole.

Now I just have to install the meter base and load center, call the power company and then remove the old pole that fed the mobile home and served as a temp pole service.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	6FFB3B54-1607-4283-B68C-24F23790C5A0.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	328.9 KB
ID:	248906   Click image for larger version

Name:	699E4637-6036-4B63-8B98-25602CABE849.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	296.8 KB
ID:	248907  

Name:	CB98B314-91ED-4284-A58D-104F77E8A823.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	541.8 KB
ID:	248908  
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-07-2019, 02:36 PM   #1388

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Harvey,

It looks like you and Glenda are making great progress in every department except the weather. Are those storm clouds I see? Again? Or still? We've made it to Washington where the skies are finally sunny.

Looks like you’re making great progress despite the weather.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 03:51 AM   #1389

Good progress Harvey.
Old 06-08-2019, 06:07 AM   #1390

Yesterday we had a death at Thereabouts. As you know I’ve been peppering the squirrels with BB’s when I catch them teasing the dawg. We now have rifle trained squirrels and dawg. Dozer gets all excited when I grab the rifle and the squirrels haul butt.

I was in the little house and a squirrel was teasing Dozer. I pumped up the BB gun and stuck the barrel out the door and had a clear shot. Squirrel jumped, like, well he had been hit with a bumble bee, stinger first. And then he tried to outrun Dozer for the treeline thirty feet away. I would have put my money on the squirrel. I would have lost.

Snap. Crackle. Pop. It was a full stride one chomp end of story for squirrel event.

Funny part was Glenda and me chasing Dozer for the photo. He’s buried it somewhere on the property. I hope the neighbor’s foo foo dogs find it well seasoned before Dozer and they take it to their house.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1EEE5907-6108-4C5F-905D-862378611A53.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	707.9 KB
ID:	249057  
Old 06-08-2019, 06:13 AM   #1391

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronjhall View Post
Good progress Harvey.
I went to Madill and picked up 328 pieces of 1/2” rebar yesterday, saved a dollar per piece. I did the math, scarey stuff, and we’ll have about 8,000’ of 1/2” rebar in the slab.

I called the power company yesterday to schedule the moving of the power drop to the new pole.

“Grayson Collin County Co Op, how can I help you?”

“This is Harvey Lacey, one of your better looking clients.”

She lost it. Never heard that one before.

She has to send out an engineer first. I’ll have the slab done by then.
Old 06-08-2019, 08:05 AM   #1392

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Old, "Grey Beard" Aka, Dozer has a look of satisfaction, and I am guessing a strut to his stride! Good Boy! Rail! [emoji266]
Old 06-08-2019, 10:39 AM   #1393

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Good job on the squirrel Harvey and Dozer! Y'all make a good team. Do you really think the neighbor dogs know how to dig? That would be hilarious.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 12:11 PM   #1394

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Good job on the squirrel Harvey and Dozer! Y'all make a good team. Do you really think the neighbor dogs know how to dig? That would be hilarious.
Foo Foo dawgs and some funk
Old 06-08-2019, 08:23 PM   #1395

It must be a dachshund thing, being really bad at math.

Dozer is mourning his squirrel buddy’s demise.

I can’t find the words to make it better for him. But then math has always been easy for me.

Old 06-09-2019, 04:17 AM   #1396

Poor Dozer. Having a heritage of a wolf and the loving care of Glenda and you has him in a sad mood. You need to get Dozer a new friend to chase. Maybe a gray squirrel that may be faster than the buried one.
Old 06-09-2019, 06:58 AM   #1397

There are two more squirrels hereabouts that I know of and their absence suggests they are also in mourning. Dozer did his hauling out of the coach for the trees and just stood there looking around this morning. Before he would be screaming at squirrels. He came back inside in record time. It’s sad.

Glenda’s doing maintenance on the yard, mowing, watering plants etc. I’m getting ready for the concrete laborers, hoping to have some real progress to report by the end of the week. Our rain chances are small so this thing might happen sooner than later.
Old 06-09-2019, 11:57 PM   #1398

Squirls are a nusience.

Something has been munching on the cucumber plants. Told DH we may have to put another trail camera pointed at the garden to figure out what animal is munching on the garden plants. We were away camping this weekend. Couldn't have asked for better weather. Only two trailers. Seven people came to join in the birthday celebration. Our RV salesman had his 88th birthday. Nothing like charcoal grilled hot dogs and great side salads. Topped off with Funfetti cake and Moosetracks icecream. That Pillsbury Do Boy sure is a good cook!! Brought my camera and forgot to take pictures. Got home to the "Ghetto." Quite a bit of trash on my front lawn. Two neighbors blasting sole music full blast. The one neighbor had a bounce house and another blow up structure. Had the compressor/generator drowning all day. Lots of cars parked on the street,both sides. Only parking allowed on one side. Today it was 83*. Going to get some rain and be 60*. Enough to make you sick. DD has had a sinus infection and a congested cough for two weeks.
sam-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 05:04 AM   #1399

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wroughtnharv View Post
Glenda’s doing maintenance on the yard, mowing, watering plants etc. I’m getting ready for the concrete laborers, hoping to have some real progress to report by the end of the week. Our rain chances are small so this thing might happen sooner than later.

Harv,

Seriously? I've been following your thread since it's inception, and you don't think that you're showing "real progress" all the time?!? Heck, you and Glenda are wearing me out just reading your thread!
Hit_the_Rhod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 08:09 AM   #1400

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hit_the_Rhod View Post
Harv,

Seriously? I've been following your thread since it's inception, and you don't think that you're showing "real progress" all the time?!? Heck, you and Glenda are wearing me out just reading your thread!
That's just Spatial Thinkers for you.
We get several projects going and switch from one to the other with ease. Mostly because we find working on jusr one project at a time, from start to finish BORING!
We can juggle man tasks at once, so why linit your mind to one thought for days.

For example, I'm typing this , listening to the news on TV about the crane collaspe in Dallas yesterday and watching a video on YouTube. Plus thinking about what I want to cook myself for breakfast.

(PEcan Waffles with bacon and coffee. )
Curtis in TX is offline   Reply With Quote