Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-30-2019, 05:51 AM   #1457

Wow Harvey! Dad looks great!!

He's ready for more fun.

L.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-30-2019, 06:00 AM   #1458

Glad he is doing good.
My mothers side of the family has the same problems with each other. Mostly from trying to be way too helpful. They get over it. Sometimes with their children's help. Hope your dad and his sister solve theirs easily.
Old 06-30-2019, 06:23 AM   #1459

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronjhall View Post
Glad he is doing good.
My mothers side of the family has the same problems with each other. Mostly from trying to be way too helpful. They get over it. Sometimes with their children's help. Hope your dad and his sister solve theirs easily.
I’m hoping that extracting the sister from the fiduciary duties will allow them to return to their brother sister relationship. Dad gets a substantial amount from the VA for his care. The VA has some serious and necessary controls on the dispensation of those funds. We’ve all heard the nightmare stories of old veterans being neglected and even abused by care givers. It is not the situation with dad but the controls are a necessary constraint, it’s our tax dollars after all. Dad sees the rules as unnecessary and instrusive initiated by his sister. That’s not the case. But for the last twenty years she has tried to control him in a motherly way and he has resented it. This became the last straw. We’re looking at months of work getting it resolved but dad has his heart and mind set on seeing a hundred so this is just a drop in the bucket time wise.

We’re all making jokes about him outliving his care givers, reality strikes.
Old 06-30-2019, 11:29 AM   #1460

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Harvey Sr and I both have the same goal. I plan to make it to 100 and still be an active contributor, not a burden to my daughter. He looks GREAT! I’ll have to ask him for his longevity secrets.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 03:41 PM   #1461

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Right on Harvey Sr, you go man! Fantastic.
Roadmaster Nighthawk II, 2011 Lincoln MKX.
2012 Newmar Canyon Star (first coach) FMCA F428511.
Electra 225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 05:24 AM   #1462

The other day I went to Lowes and spent a couple of hundred dollars on plumbing materials for the rough in plumbing that goes in before the rebar and concrete. I thought I had an idea on what I was doing.

Man was I ever wrong, I didn’t know squat or its sister, brother, or even uncle. So day before yesterday I spent a couple of hundred dollars getting what I really needed a plumbing wholesale house getting instructions and what I really needed. Plus, huge plus, I got an employee that was willing and capable to lay it out for me materials and theory. The downside of that was his boss looked like he had bad gas plus a stomach ache watching us. I understand what he was so upset about. If a real plumber came in and saw what was going on then he would have felt his job was threatened and threw a fit with management. Yesterday I went in for two fittings and got the impression from the boss that my patronage wasn’t wanted. So they won’t get it. Pain in the butt for me because they’re a couple of miles closer but that’s life in the old guy lane.

I can only take about thirty minutes at a time with a shovel digging trench on the pad in the sun. So progress is slow but hopefully I will have the plumbing done by Friday and can concentrate on setting up for the rebar installation next week.

We’re looking at two and 3/4 baths in a 1050-1100 sf apartment in a 3000 sf barndominium. My wife is insisting on me having a private work rest room with a toilet, sink, urinal, and shower. Plus we’ll have the master and guest bathrooms. An aunt of hers many years ago had urinals in her house for uncle and my wife still thinks that’s the cat’s meow.

Our red bird flock is diminishing/migrating I guess. We still have the road runners working on controlling the frog numbers and our Bob White quail still make us smile every time they whistle. The squirrels are staying at the front of the property. Dozer has lost a ton of weight and we suspect it’s because he has to run so far to begin the chase. He used to come out of the coach in the morning at a dead run barking like crazy. Now he doesn’t bark until he’s much closer to them, old dog, new trick theory in action. He’ll be thirteen in a couple of months, darn, we’re all getting old er er er er.
Old 07-03-2019, 05:54 AM   #1463

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wroughtnharv View Post
The other day I went to Lowes and spent a couple of hundred dollars on plumbing materials for the rough in plumbing that goes in before the rebar and concrete. I thought I had an idea on what I was doing.

Man was I ever wrong, I didn’t know squat or its sister, brother, or even uncle. So day before yesterday I spent a couple of hundred dollars getting what I really needed a plumbing wholesale house getting instructions and what I really needed. Plus, huge plus, I got an employee that was willing and capable to lay it out for me materials and theory. The downside of that was his boss looked like he had bad gas plus a stomach ache watching us. I understand what he was so upset about. If a real plumber came in and saw what was going on then he would have felt his job was threatened and threw a fit with management. Yesterday I went in for two fittings and got the impression from the boss that my patronage wasn’t wanted. So they won’t get it. Pain in the butt for me because they’re a couple of miles closer but that’s life in the old guy lane.

I can only take about thirty minutes at a time with a shovel digging trench on the pad in the sun. So progress is slow but hopefully I will have the plumbing done by Friday and can concentrate on setting up for the rebar installation next week.

We’re looking at two and 3/4 baths in a 1050-1100 sf apartment in a 3000 sf barndominium. My wife is insisting on me having a private work rest room with a toilet, sink, urinal, and shower. Plus we’ll have the master and guest bathrooms. An aunt of hers many years ago had urinals in her house for uncle and my wife still thinks that’s the cat’s meow.

Our red bird flock is diminishing/migrating I guess. We still have the road runners working on controlling the frog numbers and our Bob White quail still make us smile every time they whistle. The squirrels are staying at the front of the property. Dozer has lost a ton of weight and we suspect it’s because he has to run so far to begin the chase. He used to come out of the coach in the morning at a dead run barking like crazy. Now he doesn’t bark until he’s much closer to them, old dog, new trick theory in action. He’ll be thirteen in a couple of months, darn, we’re all getting old er er er er.

You can take a break today.
Happy Birthday. [emoji512][emoji512][emoji512][emoji512][emoji322] 🤠
Old 07-03-2019, 06:05 AM   #1464

Quote:
You can take a break today.
Happy Birthday. [emoji512][emoji512][emoji512][emoji512][emoji322] 🤠
Thanks Ron, I’ve been able to vote and legally drink for fifty years now. Do the first and not the second for the best of reasons, (good sense).
Old 07-03-2019, 08:21 AM   #1465

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Happy Birthday, Harvey! Hope your day is a great one! Rail! 🌵
Old 07-03-2019, 08:21 AM   #1466

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Happy birthday, Harvey! I bet Glenda has something special planned for you. Enjoy! And like Ron says, take a break from toiling in the heat. You deserve it!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 09:03 AM   #1467

Gulf Streamers Club
Happy birthday Harvey. Glad you young guys are still having them.

First guess is I will be up by your place on July 24th. Notice I said first guess.

Don't work too hard today.

ron and pebbles
ronspradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 07:25 PM   #1468

Make the picture bigger.
He woke me out of a nap with his clothes pin holding a playing card against bicycle spokes call. Then he rattled the empty dog water bowl.
Not everyone has a beep beep bleeping boss.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	863BD93B-9F3B-4AFE-9B74-F6218397AA03.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	636.9 KB
ID:	252206  
Old 07-05-2019, 05:08 AM   #1469

When we stayed at Falcon State Park. The treat for Road Runners was mini hot dogs. They would come up to you to get pieces of them. Not sure if pieces of regular hot dogs will work.
Old 07-05-2019, 07:45 AM   #1470

Quote:
When we stayed at Falcon State Park. The treat for Road Runners was mini hot dogs. They would come up to you to get pieces of them. Not sure if pieces of regular hot dogs will work.
We will have to try some of hot dogs for treats. One of the attendees at a bud’s celebration yesterday is a teaching research prof at A & M. When I told him we had Bob Whites he was surprised, supposedly they’re almost extinct in East Texas. He’s part of program to introduce some quail that are more human friendly to Texas. Very interesting.

Last night we had quite a celebration in the neighborhood. I’ve got to get up on the roof of the coach to see how much fireworks ash we accumulated, sounded like a ton last night. Someone has a lot more cash than sense as far as I’m concerned, but then I come from the west where fire threats are taken very seriously.

I’m still working on the waste system that is under the slab to be. There’s a lot of stuff to keep in mind, repair and or alteration after the pour doesn’t sound like fun.

Dozer is thinner than he’s been in years. It’s amazing what repeated fifty yard sprints can do for weight loss programs. The squirrels seem to have abandoned the area close to the coach so he has to run further to engage them.