Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-11-2019, 07:03 AM   #1583

Gulf Streamers Club
Love the portable, moveable sun shade. Maybe your barndominium will need an eyebrow also.

ron and pebbles
ronspradley is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-13-2019, 05:09 AM   #1584

Talking

We’re moving right along. In fact, today might be the last day on this project if the weather holds off today. 30’-9” sheets can be deadly in the wind so if the wind comes up we shut it down.

I’ve been having to post on the Iphone but this morning I updated the IPad Pro and am using it, world of difference. It looks like immediately after bud’s project is in the books we have a potty party scheduled with Jane. Last week Glenda was able to perform the impossible. While flushing the toilet she landed a “nothing but air” shot with an errant can of Tinactin into the toilet.

Nothing but a thing, remove all of the plumbing from the black tank and hopefully the can will be at the exit, put everything back together.

Bud suggested using muriatic acid since the tank and fittings all all plastic, can it metal. Then I pointed out can is under pressure.

Yesterday was almost 12 hours at bud’s in the sun welding, 71 is a little old for this stuff.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	824F93C9-CE49-4271-87CD-09D7629B5D97.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	499.3 KB
ID:	256730  
Old 08-13-2019, 05:17 AM   #1585

Gulf Streamers Club
That cover is going to be great. Sorry about the can in the can.

ron and pebbles
Old 08-13-2019, 06:22 AM   #1586

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Looking great Harvey! I am tired just following you around on here! Hats off to you buddy! Rail!
Old 08-14-2019, 06:01 AM   #1587

Hey, look at it this way, if the can explodes, you'll cut way down on any fungus in the black tank!
Hit_the_Rhod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 06:40 AM   #1588

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wroughtnharv View Post
We’re moving right along. In fact, today might be the last day on this project if the weather holds off today. 30’-9” sheets can be deadly in the wind so if the wind comes up we shut it down.
So what Ports of Call are you guys planning on visiting once you get that sail built?
Seen ship blowns cross the ocean will less sail area.
I hear the OZ needs a new Wizzard!

Looks good from here Bud!

On a serious note: Is the can in the can metal?
If so why not just use a welding magnet to fish it out.
JUST Be sure to have a bucket handy for the Honey that comes with it.
Old 08-14-2019, 08:23 PM   #1589

One more partial sheet and the trim to do.

I’ve been banned from the roof, aged out.

Young man on top weighs 285 and says it feels good and strong out on the edges.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	FF9AEA17-DFC0-40B8-A5FD-ABCCBE8A3DAA.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	450.9 KB
ID:	256948   Click image for larger version

Name:	F8A40B8F-93F3-4C57-AF1D-5A5B33455D00.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	404.7 KB
ID:	256949  

Name:	E9C0F994-CA0B-43C8-A4EC-0E1B6815C25D.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	353.5 KB
ID:	256950  
Old 08-14-2019, 08:28 PM   #1590

Curtis the exit for the tank is behind the toilet inlet. No way to manipulate a magnet. I’ll have photos when we do it. We’ll make Popeye’s day with his punassity.
Old 08-15-2019, 04:58 AM   #1591

Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wroughtnharv View Post
One more partial sheet and the trim to do.

I’ve been banned from the roof, aged out.

Young man on top weighs 285 and says it feels good and strong out on the edges.

That eyebrow looks substantial. How long is it? Sure wish I had one or three.

ron and pebbles
Old 08-15-2019, 05:27 AM   #1592

Harvey, great project. Much safer on the ground welding.
Hows the arm holding up?
Old 08-16-2019, 05:25 AM   #1593

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronjhall View Post
Harvey, great project. Much safer on the ground welding.
Hows the arm holding up?
The arm is what it is. It is weak and it doesn’t like the welding much. Today will be about collecting tools and getting the mind set for our project. Bud is off on two week plus cruise and his guys are doing the trim and finish out.

Today we’re getting line of sight internet installed. 10 down and 2 up beats LTE with usage restrictions. I have the compressor working so lubing the skid steer will be a lot easier. We’ve got work to do.
Old 08-16-2019, 06:19 AM   #1594

285 lbs installing last sheet
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	7FC03828-7F80-4C7B-AC68-E7B1BAA7265A.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	189.8 KB
ID:	257046  
Old 08-17-2019, 04:45 AM   #1595

I think “hot dignity Doolittle!” Says it best. We have internet!

Yesterday they installed, with my help of course, the line of sight broadband internet. We have 10.8 down and 2.4 up and it isn’t fiber to the house but it is a lot better than LTE cellular service. This morning I got up and yesterday’s photos are on the IPad Pro. Before I would have to upload the photos from the phone and then do the verbage on the IPad if I didn’t want to do the hunt, bad words, peck, more bad words etc and so on on the phone to tell the story.

We aren’t there yet but we can see there on the horizon.

Yesterday I grabbed just about all of my stuff from bud’s, ladders, welder, grinders, etc. As we were loading up the truck I fell off. I can’t explain what happened because I don’t know. I only remember putting my hand out and doing a tuck as I hit the ground. I knew I hurt my left and and my left foot.

I could tell the left foot was swollen in the boot and walking wasn’t fun. I suspected and observation last night when the boot came off confirmed that the bones above the arch are a little sensitive. We’ve been there before so I know the treatment, rest. We’ll see.

Yesterday I was on the roof of the little house looking for the internet antenna in the distance. It wasn’t as much fun as it used to be. I get dizzy more often and the thought of falling off the roof was just a little less intimidating than the curiosity, truck fall was just an hour or so earlier. I never could see their tower. They had a newer receiver that “blasts through the trees” as the young man said. He was in a hurry, concert in Ft Worth with dinner and bull riding. So I did the ladder work while he strung out the cable etc. The antenna is on the little house instead of on a 3’ pole by the front of the coach.

As soon as the installer left and we had internet we called Verizon to kill the MIFI. We being Glenda, I was unloading the truck after lubing the tractor and dieseling it up. When she got off the phone with Verizon she informed me I had to get to the Verizon store so they could verify I’m a veteran and get us $25.00 off per month on the bill. So I crawled into the truck headed into town, I had stops at Verizon, Aldis, and Harbor Freight to do.

I knew I had hurt the left hand in the fall, it was tender. But when I turned the wheel with the left hand at the first intersection I almost wrecked the truck. The left hand and wrist have one of those fractures that don’t hurt much in most movements. But when you move it just wrong it’s like someone is driving nails through the wrist from the hand into the arm. Left hand is also swollen.

Life is good, we have internet. I just have to take it easy for a bit.

Attached is a photo of the trim the guys are doing on the shade we made. Bud’s happier than if he had good sense. He told me day before yesterday “you know Roger offered me that 2” X 12” material and I couldn’t think of a use for it. I just don’t think like you do. This thing exceeds my wildest expectations by miles.”

Today will be about cleaning up and organizing the welding shop and area so we can start the barndominium. Late last year I bought two strings of LED work lights at Lowes. About half of them are working now. One of my reasons for visiting Lowes last nigh was to check on the warranty. It’s lifetime so all I have to do is take the old ones down for returning, oh joy.

Did I mention we have internet at Thereabouts?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1869BBB8-1C85-42E2-9B55-17E5A2CE5D18.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	292.0 KB
ID:	257144   Click image for larger version

Name:	9670DE94-D5B5-498C-A81A-1E8C5E60FAFB.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	189.0 KB
ID:	257145  

Old 08-17-2019, 05:09 AM   #1596

Oh boy Harvey!!! Sounds like you have some healing to do. Sorry about the fall.

The brow looks great!

Congrats on the internet!

L.