Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-17-2019, 06:46 AM   #1597

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Harvey, take care of your injuries, and go see the Dr. if they don't get better in a few days!
The sun shade looks fantastic!
Good deal on the internet service!

Rail!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-17-2019, 07:00 AM   #1598

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Harvey,
Eyebrow looks great, good on internet, very bad on fall. Hope you heal quickly and feel better soon.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2019, 07:29 AM   #1599

We’re going to Urgent Care this morning for some xrays on the wrist, maybe foot. It’s taking all the fun out of doing some stuff waiting for that nail driver to attack the arm again.

If they put a cast on it then I can probably do better production wise than without.

We’ll see, life in the fast lane means you get ran over if you slow down.

Thanks for the concern and advice, we’ve got this.
Old 08-17-2019, 08:50 AM   #1600

I feel for you, as a doer myself it bums me out when I have to nurse an injury while trying to get stuff done. As many things as I know how to do, I'm not the best at asking for help... Take good care of those bumps and bruises!

Tell me more about this line-of-sight internet. We have abysmal service here in the North Florida woods and the one-and-only service provider knows they are the one-and-only and sure act like it!
Brob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2019, 10:36 AM   #1601

Okay, doc says I’m going to live until I die. Nothing broken, allegedly really strong bones for a man my age and disposition. He prescribed some Prednisone and agreed to take us on as patients. We haven’t got a doctor since moving up here and Glenda recognized his as having an office next to the hospital. She asked him if he would take us on as Medicare patients. He said he wasn’t taking any new Medicare patients but then relented when he saw I was ex military, we’re in. He’s in the Reserves so he has a weak spot for old vets.

We’re off and running, well, limping along.

We’re using Texoma Broadband. There’s probably some service similar to it in your area. If not Exede is a satellite service some of our neighbors love. Basically they’re small companies that set up broadcasters on water towers etc and send service to antennas.
Old 08-17-2019, 05:29 PM   #1602

Wow Harvey. You and others did a great job.
Another WOW for not breaking anything when you fell. [emoji849]
I need to remind you to be more careful. [emoji848]
I can imagine what Glenda to had say about it. [emoji33]
Old 08-17-2019, 07:58 PM   #1603

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronjhall View Post
Wow Harvey. You and others did a great job.
Another WOW for not breaking anything when you fell. [emoji849]
I need to remind you to be more careful. [emoji848]
I can imagine what Glenda to had say about it. [emoji33]
I have two options when it comes to the step ladders, 6’ and 10’. I’m replacing the lighting in the welding shop. 6’ I have to stand on the top, 10’ I can’t always get into where I need it. I’m using self tapping screws. Needless to say we’re working through the occasional sharp pains when we do something the sore wrist does’t like. We’re getting it done in spite of ourself.

The guys are really stoked on the shade. Next week they will be setting up two shapers, a joiner, two table saws, and a dust collection system for processing oak timbers into flooring. This is what the shade is all about. I’ll have some photos next week of the program.

Glenda is excited about the new doctor. She went to Walgreens this afternoon to pickup the Prednisone prescription. Normally docs prescribe a Z pak and they’re about $40.00 bucks. He prescribed just the pills with a suggested regimen for taking them, $1.45.
Old 08-18-2019, 01:54 AM   #1604

Gulf Streamers Club
Harvey, you need to take care of yourself like the others have said. Go slow enough so that you can heal properly.

If they are producing oak flooring maybe you could get enough for your barndominium.

ron and pebbles
ronspradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 05:43 AM   #1605

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronspradley View Post
Harvey, you need to take care of yourself like the others have said. Go slow enough so that you can heal properly.

If they are producing oak flooring maybe you could get enough for your barndominium.

ron and pebbles
Ron you’re a little late with the advice. But I am going slower. The string of LED lights that I was so proud of from Lowes has puked in the welding shop. I pulled them yesterday and bought six LED shop lights. Half of the new lights are up, and they were the tough ones.

I have one duplex (electrical plug) that is wired to the light switch just inside the door. So I picked up the six lights, three eight foot extension cords, and three three way two foot adaptors. First extension cord goes from the duplex over to the middle purlin that runs front to back of the shed. Plugged in the adaptor, one of the holes feeds the east light, one for the west light, and the middle hole gets the next extension cord. I have the east lights in. I can get those and the middle purlin power run from the top of the six foot extension ladder using clips and impact drivering TEK screws. I got lucky in the lengths of the cords make it a nice installation, no extra wire to have coiled up there. The west three lights will have to be done from the ten foot step ladder. I’m not stable enough at this age to work on tippy toes way over my head on a step ladder, maybe next year.

The pear tree started the trimming on its own the other day. I guess it heard me discussing how I wanted to take it completely out to make getting Jane into her bedroom easier and liked Glenda’s suggestion that a trim would be better long term. That or the load of pears is a little more than it can bear, grin and bare it defined.

Bud’s pecan crop was nil last year, whole north east Texas crop was a disaster. This year he’s having limbs breaking under the load of this year’s crop. We might be bringing a bunch of pecans for the IRV2 crowd to shell during the cold days this winter in Yuma. Few things finer than a bucket of pecans to shell on a cold winter’s day in front of the fireplace.
Old 08-18-2019, 07:04 AM   #1606

Here in North Florida the pecans seem to produce every other year. Where I live there are a number of quite mature pecan trees. I am thinking they have what is referred to as "pecan scab disease"; which causes them to drop their nuts about 2 weeks prior to ripening. They are such beautiful old trees, I hope to learn how to help them bear ripe nuts.
Brob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 06:56 PM   #1607

Today was a lazy day but even with that we got the old pump off of the compressor and the new pump sitting in place ready for plumbing, hold down holes and bolts, and bigger pulley for motor to match the desired speed for the pump.

I also got the lighting finished. It is so much better than even when the old lights were new. As I get older I find too much light an illusion.

Attached is the lights and a close up of the electrical connection. This way changing out a light will not be a huge issue, plug and play as the kids say.

Weather channel is suggesting that we only have two more days of low one hundreds to deal with for awhile. Mid nineties with increased humidity means it will feel the same, just not look as bad if you look at the thermometer.

We’re already thinking about this winter in Yuma and taking a break.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	170986F5-A5C0-4AA1-91CF-112B3BC691E5.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	290.7 KB
ID:	257336   Click image for larger version

Name:	914348C5-C7BE-45C7-B743-1D3B0D3721DD.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	281.4 KB
ID:	257337  

Old 08-20-2019, 05:27 AM   #1608

Yesterday I had something happen that was so unusual that I have to share it. I have some issues and try my best to work thru them. I get dizzy spells. I can go months without them and then occasions happen where I have them a couple of times a day. I’m going through one of those right now. So I avoid potential falls, ladders, climbing on truck, etc when I can. I also get confused easily and have learned to slow down and catch up when it happens.

Yesterday I grabbed Glenda’s Bravada and went to town for some stuff. Compressor store for parts for the air compressor in the shop rebuild, Bi-Low for oil and bolts, bank for some quick cash, and then Albertsons for some water. Glenda likes the Glacier Water from the five gallon dispenser by the front door of the store. We have two five gallon bottles that we refill as needed.

Last stop was Albertsons. If you use dollar bills and push the five gallon button it costs $1.50 to fill up. But if you use quarters and get it one gallon at a time you pay $1.25. Their game. Their rules. I’ll play. We have a sandwich baggy that we keep quarters. I grab a cart, put the empties in the cart, grab the quarters, get to the machine, no quarters. Check pockets, check car, check path from car to machine, no quarters. I’m doing the slow down and take it slow double doggone darn this getting old isn’t for sissies thing, no quarters.

I go inside, stand in line for a checker, ask for change. Checker says he can’t give me change. I said a couple of bad words, comments, not about him, about the no change at the checkstand policy. He takes it personal. I almost joined him but caught myself before getting louder and real personal.

I go to the service booth where there’s another line taking overflow. I stand in line and doing my be cool and not get too excited thing. My turn lady says she can’t give me change at that register and moves to another one.

“I need quarters for the water machine” and handed her the five dollar bill. “I had a bag of quarters and lost them”.

She opens the cash register and hands me my bag of quarters.

SOMEONE HAD PICKED THEM UP AND TURNED THEM IN!!!!

It’s the curves that make the road of life so interesting.
Old 08-20-2019, 06:43 AM   #1609

Gulf Streamers Club
Sorta restores my faith in mankind.
Take it easy there Harvey. Let this spell pass without doing anything to agrivate it.

ron and pebbles
ronspradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 02:49 PM   #1610

Took more than one person to get your quarts back to you. Makes me smile when I see kind people do the right thing.
Patiently waiting for first steel to be erected on your building.