Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-02-2019, 07:32 AM   #1905
cwk

American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wroughtnharv View Post
6 ga four conductor power cord, good. Plug cut off and twist on connectors used, bad. Metal outlet box in wall, good. No four conductor 50 amp receptacle, bad. 2 #8 stranded coming in with a #10 solid for ground, ok but not the best. Considering the house was built in 1957 it’s as good as it’s going to get for now. We found the circuit breakers and threw them. I tugged on the cord similar to someone pulling the stove full out and instantly had two of the connections come apart, poor twist connections done badly. $35.00 later we had a new cord and the proper receptacle installed, good life got better.
Wow!

You may have just saved some lives.

Looking back, I think every used house that we bought, a prior owner had done something really stupid with the wiring. It's always scary.
cwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-02-2019, 08:34 AM   #1906

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Low thirties outside so I have some time inside before venturing out fo the day.

I looked back to a year ago to see if there was a difference.
And there’s the cargo container that started me on my current project. We cut the door opening yesterday so there’s no going back. The roof that you so generously painted is now covered by a galvanized metal roof. It will shade Connie and collect water. And just think, Harvey... it’s all because you planted an idea in my brain. Safe travels. Can’t wait to see y’all.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 09:14 AM   #1907

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
And there’s the cargo container that started me on my current project. We cut the door opening yesterday so there’s no going back. The roof that you so generously painted is now covered by a galvanized metal roof. It will shade Connie and collect water. And just think, Harvey... it’s all because you planted an idea in my brain. Safe travels. Can’t wait to see y’all.
THis is Glenda,also known as the slow typist
Wow, Barb!! You have really done a lot of work since you got to Yuma. I can’t wait to see you and your place. It is really coming together. You will be in your container before I’m in my house! We’ll see you sometime after we get to Yuma. Stopping by on our way is really hard because we are so ready to cross that mountain and be there. Think of all the plants you can have with the water collection. I’m glad we had a small part in your decision. See you soon!!
Old 12-03-2019, 06:57 AM   #1908

We do a lot of screwing around with the barn.

And we have some spectacular sunsets this time of year.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	B9E04B7D-F6BF-48F2-8B43-61D01167DC3D.jpeg
Views:	29
Size:	248.5 KB
ID:	268519   Click image for larger version

Name:	E962570D-7C1D-4A1D-8515-82D03794EECB.jpeg
Views:	39
Size:	359.0 KB
ID:	268520  

Old 12-05-2019, 07:20 AM   #1909

Glenda had some fun yesterday painting the container to match the welding shop.

She had already scraped and cleaned the decals and stickers off and primed it with Kilz. She’s on the downhill side. Well, north downhill side.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DBE60C80-A009-4FC3-9E0C-AD12AE9F1500.jpeg
Views:	43
Size:	444.4 KB
ID:	268675   Click image for larger version

Name:	9A317114-1EAA-4CFD-8930-1A34C63CC514.jpeg
Views:	30
Size:	486.7 KB
ID:	268676  

Old 12-05-2019, 07:37 PM   #1910

Great job Glenda!!!!!
Old 12-06-2019, 04:13 AM   #1911

Good paint job Glenda.
Old 12-06-2019, 01:56 PM   #1912

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronjhall View Post
Good paint job Glenda.
Check it out
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	E00ECD23-AA8E-4839-8D50-6AC914E3066B.jpeg
Views:	38
Size:	469.1 KB
ID:	268780  
Old 12-06-2019, 02:04 PM   #1913

Quote:
Check it out

Excellent.
Old 12-06-2019, 02:06 PM   #1914

I just had a pleasant experience with Winnebago parts. I called in, got in que, 30 min wait and then Chris picked me up. “Is this Harvey?”

“This is Harvey, ready for the VIN?”

“Looking at if we’re talking about theW35MRQ.” What can I help you with?”

I had called because the rocker switches that control the bathroom overhead light were bad, one in bedroom was dead, one in the kitchen was intermittent at best.

They don’t have them in stock or way to get them. But he found the name of the manufacturer and their part number. I went to Amazon Smile, little plug for Putnam City Schools OKC, and found them. They’ll be here next week.

Basically these switches are like the three ways in your home if you can turn a light on at one switch in the room and turn it off or on at another switch. It’s set up so you can turn on the bathroom overhead in the kitchen as you’re entering the bathroom and then turn it off when you go into the bedroom or vice versa.

The part that put the smile on my face of course was going through the hated automated hold forever and getting a cheerful voice that knows your name without being told.

Priceless.
Old 12-06-2019, 03:32 PM   #1915

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Glenda had some fun yesterday painting the container to match the welding shop.

She had already scraped and cleaned the decals and stickers off and primed it with Kilz. She’s on the downhill side. Well, north downhill side.
<groan> The doors are the hardest part to paint. You have my sympathy. If you are using elastomeric paint like Harvey put on the roof of yours and mine, you can use a spray gun on the sides after mixing the paint with equal parts of water.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 08:33 PM   #1916

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
I just had a pleasant experience with Winnebago parts. I called in, got in que, 30 min wait and then Chris picked me up. “Is this Harvey?”

“This is Harvey, ready for the VIN?”

“Looking at if we’re talking about theW35MRQ.” What can I help you with?”

I had called because the rocker switches that control the bathroom overhead light were bad, one in bedroom was dead, one in the kitchen was intermittent at best.

They don’t have them in stock or way to get them. But he found the name of the manufacturer and their part number. I went to Amazon Smile, little plug for Putnam City Schools OKC, and found them. They’ll be here next week.

Basically these switches are like the three ways in your home if you can turn a light on at one switch in the room and turn it off or on at another switch. It’s set up so you can turn on the bathroom overhead in the kitchen as you’re entering the bathroom and then turn it off when you go into the bedroom or vice versa.

The part that put the smile on my face of course was going through the hated automated hold forever and getting a cheerful voice that knows your name without being told.

Priceless.
I hear ya Harvey, that has happened to me too. Indeed, it's a great feeling to be greeted personally like that. Feels like you have a friend who's glad to hear from you on the other end of the line.
Roadmaster Nighthawk II, 2011 Lincoln MKX.
2012 Newmar Canyon Star (first coach) FMCA F428511.
Electra 225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 07:15 AM   #1917

Night before last during a discussion with cuz in Yuma I mentioned that I couldn’t explain it but man I was feeling so much better. It was almost like the good old days, feet didn’t hurt, same with hands and back. I didn’t know what caused the difference but it was sure good to feel like I did just a month or so ago.

The last visit to the VA the doc eliminated my maintenance drug for arthritis, Diclofenac. I was on a regimen of 100 mg per day. Instead she prescribed Tylenol as needed, 325 mg, two at a time as needed.

Glenda fessed up that she had found some Diclofenac she had found that we had purchased in Algondonez last year and added it to my daily pills. We haven’t been able to get with the VA doc but have to assume she had stopped it because of blood work. We went on tear online to see the side effects and one of the side effects is dizziness and I’ve been dealing with that since Glenda added it to the pills.

So we’re off of that for now. I should be back on the hurts like heck all over more than anywhere else until we find something else to help. I’m allergic to Celebrex, will take pain over what that puts me through.

Any ideas?
Old 12-07-2019, 05:06 PM   #1918

Thor Owners Club
Epsom salt bath right after a day of work. HOT water, soak for 15 minutes, then stretch while still in the hot wet air.
Quote:
Night before last during a discussion with cuz in Yuma I mentioned that I couldn’t explain it but man I was feeling so much better. It was almost like the good old days, feet didn’t hurt, same with hands and back. I didn’t know what caused the difference but it was sure good to feel like I did just a month or so ago.

The last visit to the VA the doc eliminated my maintenance drug for arthritis, Diclofenac. I was on a regimen of 100 mg per day. Instead she prescribed Tylenol as needed, 325 mg, two at a time as needed.

Glenda fessed up that she had found some Diclofenac she had found that we had purchased in Algondonez last year and added it to my daily pills. We haven’t been able to get with the VA doc but have to assume she had stopped it because of blood work. We went on tear online to see the side effects and one of the side effects is dizziness and I’ve been dealing with that since Glenda added it to the pills.

So we’re off of that for now. I should be back on the hurts like heck all over more than anywhere else until we find something else to help. I’m allergic to Celebrex, will take pain over what that puts me through.

Any ideas?