Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-12-2010, 07:25 PM   #1

Question Looking for FIN number?

I need to replace the windshield, On the driver side of my 1986, Bounder.
I talked with two different glass replacement, places and both said they need the FIN number. (Not VIN) Does any one have a clue where this is found?
Thanks ED
troedw44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-12-2010, 07:44 PM   #2
KIX

What's a FIN number????
KIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 07:55 PM   #3

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
FIN #

Your fleetwood Identification # should be found on you side fleetwood metal plate.
Old 11-12-2010, 10:55 PM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
The original glass was more than likely made by "GUARDIAN", if so look on the bottom of the glass where the two (2) windshields come together, which are seperated by the rubber gasket. There is a # located within the glass, that's all they need to get the correct glass. How do I know this, I had to replace both windshields on my previous 1982 Fleetwood Pace Arrow several years ago. The glass company I used came to my home and installed them.
Good luck, happy trails & travel safe. BTW, the FIN is a small aluminum plate possibly to the left of driver seat about head high, or on the outside of the driver area.
David G.
justimagination is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 08:21 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by justimagination View Post
The original glass was more than likely made by "GUARDIAN", if so look on the bottom of the glass where the two (2) windshields come together, which are seperated by the rubber gasket. There is a # located within the glass, that's all they need to get the correct glass. How do I know this, I had to replace both windshields on my previous 1982 Fleetwood Pace Arrow several years ago. The glass company I used came to my home and installed them.
Good luck, happy trails & travel safe. BTW, the FIN is a small aluminum plate possibly to the left of driver seat about head high, or on the outside of the driver area.
David G.
Thanks for your help gang! I never found the FIN number but David, I did get the number off the windshield and that will work.
Thanks again Ed
troedw44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 09:46 AM   #6

If you are traveling you can call Duncan Systems in Elkhart and they will ship the windsield to a qualified replacement shop or to a shop of your choosing which will cut the installation and waiting time. The driver side windshield number is J85-011 and the passenger side number is J85-001
duncan1 is offline   Reply With Quote