Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-14-2018, 03:06 PM   #1

Missing Window & Regulator in 1993 Pace Arrow

I purchased a 1993 Pace Arrow and the driver's window doesn't work. I removed the door panel and everything in the door is missing. Motor, Regulator and mounting brackets. I don't know what goes in there because there is nothing to look at. Tried to get the information from Fleetwood but no luck. Does anyone have a picture or diagram of the missing parts. Part numbers would be helpful if possible. Thanks
Frank 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-14-2018, 04:54 PM   #2

Gulf Streamers Club

You might call or email some RV salvage yards, they might have a door or could photograph the inside of a door for you. The mechanism is most likely an auto industry part, Fleetwood wouldn't have parts custom made, they are off the shelf parts that are available, if you can find out who supplied them.

RV Salvage/Surplus Yards (List) Updated 6/1/18 - RV Forums - myRVparks.com

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 05:04 PM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Welcome. Sorry I can't help with that one. Good luck
momdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 03:55 AM   #4

I've uploaded a couple pages from my 1991 pace arrow's parts manual here - Not sure if this will help or not, but I think the Pace Arrows stayed the same body-wise through 94 or 95. Otherwise I think Freightliner may be able to help you look up the part numbers. A quick google search seemed to suggest as much. I can grab some measuremeants of the door frame / window opening to compare if you'd like.
davidv851 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 08:38 AM   #5

Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidv851 View Post
I've uploaded a couple pages from my 1991 pace arrow's parts manual here - Not sure if this will help or not, but I think the Pace Arrows stayed the same body-wise through 94 or 95. Otherwise I think Freightliner may be able to help you look up the part numbers. A quick google search seemed to suggest as much. I can grab some measuremeants of the door frame / window opening to compare if you'd like.
I doubt if the chassis is a Freighliner product, '93 PA were on Ford, Chevy, or OshKosh chassis. The chassis manufacturer builds the bare chassis and drivetrain, they certainly don't build the body components like a driver's door.

Bob & Donna
Old 07-25-2018, 07:45 AM   #6

I was a bit ahead of myself, my 91 is on an oshkosh chassis. The rights to build / maintain that chassis (which were originally owned by John Deere) were later sold to / absorbed into Freightliner - my local Dealership was able to help with getting the right brake booster pump a couple years back. Much more a "chassis" part than a window regulator, but a shot in the dark is still a shot.
Old 07-25-2018, 10:32 AM   #7

Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidv851 View Post
I was a bit ahead of myself, my 91 is on an oshkosh chassis. The rights to build / maintain that chassis (which were originally owned by John Deere) were later sold to / absorbed into Freightliner - my local Dealership was able to help with getting the right brake booster pump a couple years back. Much more a "chassis" part than a window regulator, but a shot in the dark is still a shot.
I find no real evidence that Oshkosh was 'bought out' by Freightliner. Many various RV owner websites seem to repeat this, but Oshkosh is still in business, although not building RV chassis. John Deere also built chassis, but often used Ford engines. Again, no evidence that they were 'bought out' by anyone, just stopped producing chassis. Using the VIN is the only way to tell the real source of the chassis builder and then that builder can identify the components they used.

I think that unless someone can supply a photo of the door internal setup, or the OP finds one in a salvage yard, they might have to fabricate their own window mechanism from evidence in their door and a bit of skill.

Bob & Donna
Old 07-26-2018, 03:01 AM   #8

It's pretty clearly listed on the Freightliner (now part of Daimler Trucks North America) website (https://daimler-trucksnorthamerica.c...uence/history/). Happened in 1995. And even if they're not, their parts line helped me in the past and may help in the future.

In any case, if OP is still searching, let me know if the images I put on imgur match your door. If they do, and if the parts list doesn't turn anything up I will take some pics next time I'm working on it. I'm sure it was an off the shelf part, probably ford (My 91 uses F250 headlights and mustang tail-lights, among a plethora of others parts).
Old 07-26-2018, 03:44 AM   #9

Do you have your Fleetwood number? I work for RRV and we have prints that far back. I can take a look and see if we have one for your driver door. Email me the info and i can look today. whitneyzemail@yahoo.com
Whitterz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 03:46 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitterz View Post
Do you have your Fleetwood number? I work for RRV and we have prints that far back. I can take a look and see if we have one for your driver door. Email me the info and i can look today. whitneyzemail@yahoo.com
REV RV, sorry. Thats who owns Fleetwood now.

*Side note - it is Osh Kosh > John Deere > Freightliner, but the driver door isnt a chassis part so they wont be able to help anyways.
Old 07-26-2018, 08:57 AM   #11

FWIW my Oshkosh chassis was built in Gaffney (now Freightliner Custom Chassis) in 1993 as an XC-RD and just this week giving a Freigtliner dealer the VIN got me the proper top radiator hose
Old 07-26-2018, 09:03 AM   #12

Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnhicks View Post
FWIW my Oshkosh chassis was built in Gaffney (now Freightliner Custom Chassis) in 1993 as an XC-RD and just this week giving a Freigtliner dealer the VIN got me the proper top radiator hose
But the OP wants a body part, the internals of the driver's door. Not. A. Chassis. Part.

I researched 1993 Pace Arrows, they were identified as being built on Ford, Chevy, or Oshkosh chassis. Just as Chevy sold their chassis business to Workhorse, and perhaps(?) Oshkosh sold their chassis line to Freightliner, it still doesn't have anything to do with the window mechanism of the driver's door.

Bob & Donna
Old 07-27-2018, 06:34 AM   #13

Driver door breakdown

I located the driver door breakdown for a 93 PA. The regulator is 044647 which is no longer available and substitutes to P#10122527 ($359.95 in stock with REV Parts). You can call 800-322-8216 to order the part.

I attached a copy of the breakdown and a picture of the regulator. The brackets are most likely not still available and will need to be fabricated locally, but any of the part numbers can be checked to be sure.

Hope this helps
Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: pdf J03-0103 91-94 PA DRIVER DOOR.pdf (124.0 KB, 78 views)
Old 07-27-2018, 09:17 AM   #14

Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitterz View Post
I located the driver door breakdown for a 93 PA. The regulator is 044647 which is no longer available and substitutes to P#10122527 ($359.95 in stock with REV Parts). You can call 800-322-8216 to order the part.

I attached a copy of the breakdown and a picture of the regulator. The brackets are most likely not still available and will need to be fabricated locally, but any of the part numbers can be checked to be sure.

Hope this helps
Great detective work! I see many parts sources from Excel Industries, Elkhart, IN. I would imagine Excel sold parts to Pace Arrow but didn't manufacture the actual parts because PA would need so few of them. It's common for such parts to have been part of much larger volume for major auto manufacturers. The window regulator could likely be the same as found in a Ford, GM, or Chrysler vehicle. Buying one from an auto parts store would cost a small fraction of the part from Fleetwood. If you're lucky, maybe some of the same part numbers match those from other sources.

Bob & Donna

Tags
ace, pace arrow, window