Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-21-2018, 01:48 PM   #15

Motor homes after a certain age have issues with slide outs and other things that make it difficult to move should a problem occur. If the rig cannot be moved and the park is full, it could cause a problem because the space will be filled within a few hours.

The rules are set based upon statistics and odds are high for some weird problem after 10 or 15 years. The Oregon coast is a very high use area in the summer thus more enforcement of the rules will occur.
lundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-21-2018, 02:03 PM   #16

I've run into this several times before, except it was at a restaurant..... (?)

yep, ordered my nice steak, and when they eventually brought it to the table, I asked for some Heinz57 sauce, my favorite. "No sir, I'm sorry, we only have 'A1'..."

what?? It's MY steak. It's MY money. Why can't I have MY sauce??

It was still a really great steak, though, at least after I got over my bitterness of their 'nose thumbing' attitude that I would even 'ask' for such a thing!

yes, some rv parks are going to employ rules that some of us, from time to time, will not like, will not know about until we arrive, and will not want to adhere to, but it's true.... it's 'their' business to do as they choose, and I would rather have that than the other way around, even sometimes at my own aggravation.
MisterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 02:31 PM   #17

My issue with this is that it seems the vast major of owners of coaches that are not effected (those with 9 year old coaches, etc.) simply don't care. They fail to think ahead on how these policies will effect them in a year or two, or simply plan to buy a new coach by then and don't care or fail to think how these policies will effect the resell value of their current coach.
Isaac-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 02:38 PM   #18

hmmmm.... not sure how that would ever 'effect' the resale value of a coach.

and remember, this discussion is about a very, very few rv parks in this nation... don't take this conversation to mean that this has anything to do with the vast majority that obviously do not have any type of 'age' restriction...
MisterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 04:03 PM   #19

I've checked into parks w age restrictions w a greater than 10 yr old MH. I have been asked but never refused when they saw the condition.
I value parks that try to keep it attractive for their guests.

I am not a snob and have no problem w owners of older MHs.... just those that look like a junk yard find and take no pride of ownership.
Winemaker2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 06:32 PM   #20

This is one of those vent topics. First thing is this is in "Vintage RV's" which means the interest in in older RVS. And then there is the reality that most of us use the internet to find RV parks and check out the reviews. The reviews tell us if the park is age restrictive and even if it is one of those that have a bunch of older RV's with permanent residents and a poor maintenance program.

The first time I heard of snooty parks was from a bud with a new premium fifth wheel. They had called a park in Florida for reservations. He proudly declared "new" when asked the age of the RV. They got there and discovered that not only was the park age conscious, it was motorhomes only.
Old 01-21-2018, 06:52 PM   #21

I clicked on the Lane County Parks link. Checked out all the parks. All RED spaces. I guess they are full. I guess, but this time of year in Eugene.
edge68474 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 08:41 PM   #22

We tried to make a reservation at a park in southern Indiana last summer and were turned away, "too old."

In their promotional photos of the park on their website appeared the exact same make, model and year of our MH.....23 years old.

Idiots.
Old 01-21-2018, 09:04 PM   #23

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Huh!! Ya can't make this stuff up right? Ridiculous.

Should have pointed to their web page and told them that was your actual coach in the picture. "Yeah don't you remember us? We let you photograph our rig for your website!" [emoji1] [emoji106]
Roadmaster Nighthawk II, 2011 Lincoln MKX.
2012 Newmar Canyon Star (first coach) FMCA F428511.
Electra 225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 09:41 PM   #24

My rig gets one year younger every year lol lol lol

Heinz 57 vs A1. Have you ever been to a restaurant that only has Pepsi and no Coke. I ask them if they have ever heard of a Capt and Pepsi or a Jack and Pepsi or a Bacardi and Pepsi lol
TXTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 04:26 AM   #25

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
We are in a CG in Florida right now with the 10 yr rule. When I called for reservations they asked the age of the coach and I said 2004. They asked for a picture, which I sent, and they then made the reservation. No issue.

The rig parked next to me is another 8 yrs older than ours and there is one just down 10 sites that is even older. These rigs have been well maintained and show the owner's care and pride. I like the older well maintained rigs.

Some people do not take care of their rigs. We have all seen those neighbors who let their houses go to crap and their yards look like a junkyard. I think this is why this rule exists and as close as these sites are, do you really want "that rig or neighbor" sitting that close to you? I don't!

If they are firm on this rule then I just move on.
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 05:57 AM   #26

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
34 years old have not been refused yet Beamisl has it right. Have had to send pictures a few times but that's not a problem.
One day it will happen but then on too the next park.
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 06:02 AM   #27

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
I am at the same park as Beamisl. Have a 2005 MH that looks like new. Having stayed at this park for 5 winters, the 10 year rule is in place to help keep out those older rigs that have not been taken care of. There are quite a few rigs here that are older, but you wouldn't know iit by the condition. You shouldn't be offended if they ask you for a picture of your rig .
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 11:55 AM   #28

I'd much rather be parked beside an older model insert name type here with the nicest, courteous people inside than a new fancy glossy rig with total snob/a holes acting like they own the place.
6x16inside is offline   Reply With Quote