Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 07-04-2013, 10:54 AM   #183

LOL - Now you know why I try to always provide ref data.

Classic Winnebago Site: http://www.classicwinnebagos.com/forum/index.php
Dave78Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-09-2013, 07:47 PM   #184

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave78Chief View Post
LOL - Now you know why I try to always provide ref data.
We removed the squirter and cleaned it out, I found a small needle that just fit smoothly into one jet and would not quite go thru the the other, so I played around with some carb cleaner and finally got the needle to pass thru smoothly We reinstalled it and sure enough it still sprays fuel instead of squirting a small stream.
I don't know If I should order a new nozzle from Holley or open the idle jet another 1/4 turn or both??
Waddyathink????

Old 07-10-2013, 06:56 AM   #185

The block looking one (should be like yours) should produce more of a spray, to help atomization at slower engine speeds. The other one with tubes should produce a stream, used on high performance engines.
Attached Images

monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 10:41 AM   #186

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey View Post
The block looking one (should be like yours) should produce more of a spray, to help atomization at slower engine speeds. The other one with tubes should produce a stream, used on high performance engines.
Mine is just like the top one and the hole size is 28 stamped into it. One squirts a stream like a water pistol and the other a spray.
Old 07-10-2013, 11:41 AM   #187

All I have ever owned it was like a water pistol may be try soaking in carb cleaner then use air
Old 11-27-2013, 06:56 PM   #188

I seen the header for this thread and just had to read all 14 of them. I bought a '88 HR in April that was hard to start and when it did the belt squealed like you say here. Quit after about 2 seconds. But the thing that made me read all post was the carb. My 460 would not start unless the gas pedal was depressed half way down, it also had the same miss you spoke of and put out a wet black mixture from the exhaust. Took it on a 267 mile one way trip and back while it was running like this. Back home I started checking with friends about the condition and was told by at least three people to check the power valve, Holley Carb. Went to O'Rilley's to get the PV and was told that I really needed to order one for that motor instead of just getting one off the wall, they had several. I replaced it and the engine ran smooth, didn't have to touch the acc. pedal and after warming up it ran really smooth. Took it for a 80 mile test drive and go 2 more miles per gallon. Like you, I changed the wires, plugs and disturber cap, poured Sea Foam in the tank and ran all the old gas out before I found out about the power valve. I don't know if the new one has the anti backfire thing but if it doesn't I have an extra one with me. My engine has had all the emissions parts removed and plugged. Hoping to take it to Fla. I Jan for three weeks. I'm new here so am looking for a lot of things to help restore this unit. Love it so far.
Old 11-28-2013, 01:12 PM   #189

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
My Ford 7.5 carburated motor is running rough

Fred,

Anti backfire isn't built into the valve it is a separate modification available from Holley. Kit consists of a small spring, check ball, plug and drill bit with depth control. You drill the base plate power valve vacuum port and insert the spring check ball and plug and your done. I just did this on my 87 4180 Holley while I was doing a carburetor rebuild.

Tags
ford