Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-28-2017, 02:04 AM   #43

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by garys 68 View Post
Yeah, I've ran into finicky aftermarket sensors on several cars. But you should be fine on injectors if they're the same flow rate.
Btw, I only have the upstream sensor, no cat, on my 97 (non-CA, emission exempt).
And another interesting note, the air injection does virtually nothing on this rig without the cat. Might have to go when I add headers.
Couple of things, I don't see AIR injectors on your exhaust manifold pix, do they inject directly into the exhaust pipe???

I replaced all my fuel injectors, but have been watching Utube and they show how to test and clean fuel injectors rather than replace them. My old caddy is beginning to show signs of this, have any experience with just pulling them and cleaning them?

By the way, the couch looks really nice!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-28-2017, 06:13 AM   #44

The air injection is a single tube at the back of the manifold. Pic of passenger side below.
I've never cleaned injectors, but have seen a few threads on it over at LS1tech.com

garys 68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 03:54 AM   #45

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I see it now. See what you mean about just pulling the pump and tubes. Makes sense. Any experience with Delphi products?
Old 01-29-2017, 08:24 AM   #46

On GM motors, I've used Delphi stuff without issues. Typically not one of the crap ebay Chinese products. I don't have an issue with Drlphi or AC Delco....even if most of their parts are from china now.
Old 01-30-2017, 07:22 PM   #47

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
On GM motors, I've used Delphi stuff without issues. Typically not one of the crap ebay Chinese products. I don't have an issue with Drlphi or AC Delco....even if most of their parts are from china now.

Thanks, I've talked to mechanics that charge $180 to force some carb cleaner with compressed air through the fuel rail while starting the engine. They claim it works great, but with 144k on the original engine, I'm thinking time for some new ones. Sure pepped up my moho!
Old 02-01-2017, 08:07 AM   #48

If you don't need fast turnaround time (not a daily driver) you might check out youtube for simple injector cleaning with carb cleaner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonfu View Post
Thanks, I've talked to mechanics that charge $180 to force some carb cleaner with compressed air through the fuel rail while starting the engine. They claim it works great, but with 144k on the original engine, I'm thinking time for some new ones. Sure pepped up my moho!
Old 02-02-2017, 12:46 AM   #49

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
If you don't need fast turnaround time (not a daily driver) you might check out youtube for simple injector cleaning with carb cleaner.
yeah, I did that. made one and fooled around with the old moho ones. Just not sure how effective the cleaner is. When I rebuild a carb, 95% of the time all is good, but once in a while you get one of those carbs that has an internal plug or leak that I can't get to so just can't be rebuilt. Just not sure how effective just cleaning an injector with 150k miles would be.
Old 02-02-2017, 01:22 AM   #50

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club

thought you might like something this to replace the bathroom door knob. MIL who is short, kept hitting her arms in the narrow hallway on original door knob. Not cheap and must be modified slightly to fit the thinner door.
Old 02-02-2017, 01:23 AM   #51

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Old 02-02-2017, 08:27 AM   #52

Good idea. Some of the simplest, cheapest add ons make it much more functional.
On my layout the bedroom goes to a short hall with tub on one side, toilet/sink in a bath on the other. If you swing the bath door open and attach it to the end of that hall with a $1 cabinet magnet, it separates the bedroom/hall/bath/shower from the rest of the RV. Makes showering, changing cloths, etc much more comfortable with the extra room.
Surprised Winnebago didn't do that originally.
Old 02-03-2017, 03:51 AM   #53

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I'm a bit shorter, so my bath has all in the same little room. Door opens up to the frig and bumps the drawer handle below it. We just drop a towel in front of the door, it is amazing at how much warmer the bedroom stays at night on very cold winter nights. Hall is so narrow that the door knob is always getting hit by someone or something.
Old 02-12-2017, 09:04 AM   #54

New upholstery installed. Couch, dinette sears and valances recovered in microfiber.
Old material:

And new:

Old 02-13-2017, 05:46 AM   #55

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
New upholstery installed. Couch, dinette sears and valances recovered in microfiber.
Old material:

And new:

Pretty snaaazzy!!!!
Old 02-13-2017, 04:01 PM   #56

Quote:
Get a product called " Sea Foam " best stuff in the world. It will clean your top end and injectors. Nothing beats it,, look up on you tube how to do your top end,,, you'll suck some through a vacuum line into your engine. I use it in all my gas engines.

Tags
remodel, winnebago