Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-27-2012, 09:49 PM   #29

ok here's the latest, i got the carpet in the hall way kitchen and dinette area down (not glued waiting to see if i should put plastic sheeting down for a vapor/moisture barrier) and got the bathroom/bunk bed wall in and the beds temporally in place and the door for bath hung. next week will be carpet for cab area and the stairs, along with some hoovering around the furnace and rebuilding the fridge area, and if i remember measure the bathroom area so i can see what shower bases i can get, thinking of making the toilet into the shower base that way i have more room in the shower and also i have a bench to clean my self on. so what you guys think? any ideas on the bathroom?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20121027_192441.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	244.3 KB
ID:	28371   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20121027_192522.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	238.2 KB
ID:	28372  

Name:	IMG_20121027_192532.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	211.2 KB
ID:	28373  
greendragons is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-28-2012, 07:55 AM   #30

Laying down the carpet.

Call a flooring place and ask them any install questions. I never heard of putting plastic under carpet. I know if you are rebuilding walls plastic is a no,no as it will make the walls rot out. Use scotch guard on your carpet for ease of cleaning and the repellent properties for spills.
sam-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 09:31 PM   #31

What an undertaking, This will be a great thread!
Funrover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 08:52 PM   #32

low on money this week so i just tore out the cab carpet, cleaned the dog house of all carpet and insulation( wish i could make it smaller, pain in butt to swivel around with it in place), and made an access to storage under lower bunk for inside,cleaned the roof/sides with a power washer (pics on request, me and my dad "fixed" his broken one to were it can work) and rebuilt the electrical box area were i broke it before. measured the bath room and thinking about making a large shower basin from linoleum like this one from good old rvs http://api.ning.com/files/6WySOEXMzh...737&height=552

what you think? any ideas about the bathroom area, the guy on good ol rv i liked what he did with the bathroom and was thinking bout doing the same with this one his
this is the gallery for that rv Kurth Family's Photos - Good Old RVs
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_20121103_174404.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	199.8 KB
ID:	28690   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20121103_174414.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	199.2 KB
ID:	28691