Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 09-07-2013, 03:51 PM   #15
Tiffin Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I would have a certified propane mechanic look at all of the propane plumbing, before you start lighting up the different system. The leak around the toilet needs to be fixed before you start having floor rot. Get bid on doing repairs, you can save a lot of money if you take the time. Have them educate you to what maintance needs to be done on each system. Set goals and repair a little at a time and As soon as you get these problems worked out you should be go to go.

WBBB1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-09-2013, 08:37 PM   #16
Vintage RV Owners Club
Send a message via AIM to potmo Send a message via Yahoo to potmo
Originally Posted by Paulers View Post
Yes I have seen a Vogue class C on Craigslist within the past 6 months. My Little 26' Class A is on San Diego CL right now if you want to see pics. 1979 26' Vogue motorhome
Sorry I didn't get back in time to see the CL pics (actually I checked a long time ago but haven't gotten around to catching up on forumy stuff). Did you sell it? Do you still have pics? Thanks!

potmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 12:15 AM   #17
National RV Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Hopefully it is going well

Originally Posted by potmo View Post
Sorry I didn't get back in time to see the CL pics (actually I checked a long time ago but haven't gotten around to catching up on forumy stuff). Did you sell it? Do you still have pics? Thanks!
Yes I sold the little class A. This link has pictures. http://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/v...lbums/94379705

I have not been on here for some time.

Did you get your issues worked out?

If you have any issue with an old toilet I recommend buying a new china bowl one this Thetford Aqua Magic Style II Low Profile White Toilet
Paulers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 10:12 AM   #18

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Is your toliet a Thetford ? if so I will wager that it is the Flush valve, ours is a 82 PA and needed to be replaced awhile after we bought her.Over time a month or so that seal started sealing again but you could replace when you replace the Flush valve. You can search for a how to video too. not to hard 2 bolts. The Flush Valve was around $35 bucks.
Hope you are still having fun...
1982 Pace Arrow 30ft.
KarKaddy SS, Toad:99 Concours
Lilly and Rubie Our 4 legged Kids & Tim & Joe
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 08:30 PM   #19
As far as the toilet, most likely it is just toilet paper that has jammed into the slot and needs cleaning out. Common problem on the old Thetford. You can remove the toilet, flip it over and remove the valve. Once you get the valve, you can clean the slot and lube the rubber gasket. Very likely it will work nearly fine after that.
While you have it off, you can take a good look at the seal, and replace that if necessary. It also may be cracked where the flange meets the tank. Most tanks are made from ABS, which seems to age and crack after a while. If that is the case, it is unlikely that any repair will last. It is difficult to get anything to stick to the tank, and yet stand up to the flex. Go to TankDepot.com and start shopping for a tank. If they don't have a premade tank that will work, they also will sell a straight rectangular tank, and then will mount fittings where ever you specify. Been down this road, and was able to replace my broken 27 gallon grey tank with a 40 gallon.

'83 Revcon Prince 31' FWD FMCA F298817
502 w/Howell/GM ECM/Edelbrock MPFI,Thorley's & Magnaflows, 4L85E 4 spd, KoniFSD
Daveinet is offline   Reply With Quote